Black Lug nuts

Makes sense. Thank you. Saved me a headache.
Also you can use the plastic caps with the aftermarket lugs ... Since the caps snap on to the lug nuts not the wheels them selfs

Attachments

• 20210131_103932.jpg
    20210131_103932.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 189
he is right they will not work but they will work... they work but damage the wheel ... the oem wheels are designed for flat lug nuts where these are for aftermarket wheels, these lug nuts have a cone shape on the end of them
I will keep quiet next time.

I will keep quiet next time.
no your not wrong they dont work i use them because i work in areas where your wheels will be stolen ... so i damaged my wheels to make it harder to steal also liked the black lugs

I like the black lugs as well. I would also like them to have a spline drive. I have not been able to find either that would fit our trucks.

I have found an adapter that will convert from the mag wheel to an acorn style nut HERE, but this will not acomodate our trim rings that clip onto the lug nut.

What we need is a washer that incorporates the trim ring ridges and an acorn style nut. Something like you see in the image below. If you used these you could take the lug nuts off without removing the trim ring first. This might save a cracked trim ring or two.

Who wants to take a shot at having some made. I think whoever makes them could get about $2 each and use some downtime on a CNC lathe to do it. I think making them from 316 stainless would be good to keep them from rusting.

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 11-34-01.png

Screenshot from 2021-08-01 11-48-07.png

Further investigation reveals that my design above may not allow enough thread engagement of the lug nut. From what I can tell, the recommended thread engagement length for a M14 bolt would be 20mm. While the OEM nut only provides for 17mm, the design above only provides for 12mm of thread engagement.

So, should I modify the design to accommodate a different type of nut, like an extended thread taper nut. Like this

Is this it? Will this kit work?

No not with that factory wheels ... They require a flat washer lug nut ... These are cone shaded which do work but will damage the wheels

Back