Black Lug nuts

MacTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250
First Responder
LE
This may have already been posted but wondering if anyone has any recommendations for lug nuts. I’m looking to replace the chrome with black and want to make sure I have the correct threading. Thanks

Make sure they aren't the 'designer' lug nuts with the second thin layer of metal overtop of the lug. Known Ford issue.
Good call-out. To expand on this, some chrome lug nuts can "swell" because a layer of rust forms between the outer visual layer and the meat of the lug nut, bulging the visual layer. This swelling makes it a royal pain to fit a socket over them and means they need to be replaced.

Just tried to order them and they are out of stock. Of course. ?
Ya I saw that but it let me place the order even though they showed out of stock. Wondering if I will receive a “can’t fill order email” or they will send when back in stock.

Make sure they aren't the 'designer' lug nuts with the second thin layer of metal overtop of the lug. Known Ford issue.
What do you think of the black ones above?

I was looking for some locking ones. The stock rims may not seem prime for some people, but to me, they keep my truck moving.

Use to like Gorilla, but saw some other brands when I was researching.

I was looking for some locking ones. The stock rims may not seem prime for some people, but to me, they keep my truck moving.

Use to like Gorilla, but saw some other brands when I was researching.
I truly love the stock wheels. Let us know if you find some quality black lug nuts. I can live with the stick chrome ones, no problem.

Those will not work on OEM wheels. No washer.
It says on the product description that it fits on Ford F250 from 1999-to present. No where does it state what you're claiming. Not saying you're wrong, but where is the evidence to back it up? I was about to order these but may not if it's true.

It says on the product description that it fits on Ford F250 from 1999-to present. No where does it state what you're claiming. Not saying you're wrong, but where is the evidence to back it up? I was about to order these but may not if it's true.
he is right they will not work but they will work... they work but damage the wheel ... the oem wheels are designed for flat lug nuts where these are for aftermarket wheels, these lug nuts have a cone shape on the end of them

he is right they will not work but they will work... they work but damage the wheel ... the oem wheels are designed for flat lug nuts where these are for aftermarket wheels, these lug nuts have a cone shape on the end of them
Makes sense. Thank you. Saved me a headache.

Back