Black Appearance Package/ customization question

Sendit6.5

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch FX4
I’m considering configuring my own Tremor F250 or F350 but I’m wondering what all is included with the “Black Appearance Package” and whether I need it or not, for what I’m planning…. I’m going with the “Carbonized Gray” color and I’d like a black grill. However, I’m planning to pull the front and rear bumpers off and installing Ranch Hand (or similar) replacements. So, the question is, should I still go with this black package (that’s kinda pricey) or can I purchase a black grill separately and swap it out - what’s the most cost effective way? I mean, what gets blacked out with the black appearance package on a Tremor - the grill and bumpers only? If that’s the case, I’d hate to pay an extra $4k+ just to get that black grill!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

I’m considering configuring my own Tremor F250 or F350 but I’m wondering what all is included with the “Black Appearance Package” and whether I need it or not, for what I’m planning…. I’m going with the “Carbonized Gray” color and I’d like a black grill. However, I’m planning to pull the front and rear bumpers off and installing Ranch Hand (or similar) replacements. So, the question is, should I still go with this black package (that’s kinda pricey) or can I purchase a black grill separately and swap it out - what’s the most cost effective way? I mean, what gets blacked out with the black appearance package on a Tremor - the grill and bumpers only? If that’s the case, I’d hate to pay an extra $4k+ just to get that black grill!

Things that are included and/or blacked out:
- Grill
- Mirror caps
- LED headlights (they are smoked compared to the clear/chrome normal LED headlights)
- Bed liner
- Body color bumpers (obviously doesn’t matter in your situation)
- Front wheel well liner
- Side badges (where it says F-250/350)

The bed liner is worth around $500 and aftermarket smoked LED headlights from Morimoto run around $1800 for a pair if you wanted to do those aftermarket.

I think I remember seeing someone on the forum getting a grill blacked out grill from Ford and it was $700, though I could be mis-remembering that.

You sound like you are wanting to do something similar to mine. Absolutely do not pay for the black out package if you are looking to switch out bumpers. Just purchase the black grill after the fact. Here’s a few pics….I have not changed out my grill yet, honestly you can hardly see it.

Attachments

• 8A6E577F-2FD1-415A-91C6-CE77CE1EC192.jpeg
    8A6E577F-2FD1-415A-91C6-CE77CE1EC192.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 7F1710B3-52D2-49E0-B916-3F476A24744F.png
    7F1710B3-52D2-49E0-B916-3F476A24744F.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 282
  • FDCFE4F5-4575-4627-9DED-593FB02C785C.jpeg
    FDCFE4F5-4575-4627-9DED-593FB02C785C.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 283
Almost same as me... I love the blacked out grille and side vents but not available two tone exterior and I didn't care for the LED headlights as afraid it'll fail later on.

My solution was ordering the grille and side vents at my dealer.

You sound like you are wanting to do something similar to mine. Absolutely do not pay for the black out package if you are looking to switch out bumpers. Just purchase the black grill after the fact. Here’s a few pics….I have not changed out my grill yet, honestly you can hardly see it.

Yeah, that’s slick! That’s pretty much what I want to do. Can you show me a picture of the front? I wonder what the cost would be to get the stock grill wrapped with a flat black wrap? Can’t imagine it’d be very expensive. What grey is that? The Carbonized Grey or the lighter grey that comes with King Ranches?

Almost same as me... I love the blacked out grille and side vents but not available two tone exterior and I didn't care for the LED headlights as afraid it'll fail later on.

My solution was ordering the grille and side vents at my dealer.

Im undecided on the LED lights. We did our whole house with them when we built it 6 years ago and we’ve only had 2 go out in all that time. BUT, if one of those $1800 headlights goes out a few years down the road, that’s a HUGE expense instead of just replacing a bulb. So, I don’t know.

Can you tell me what the black grill and badges cost you? Ballpark is fine.

Thanks so much!

A fair chunk of that $4k is for the LED headlights

Do you have any idea what the warranty is on those expensive lights, if any? Somebody said they’re made by Morimoto but I don’t see them on their website. I heard that if one of them goes out, you have to replace the entire headlight fixture. IF that’s true, that’s a huge risk; and as cool as they look, I’m not sure I’d want to go that route and assume that risk.

Do you have any idea what the warranty is on those expensive lights, if any? Somebody said they’re made by Morimoto but I don’t see them on their website. I heard that if one of them goes out, you have to replace the entire headlight fixture. IF that’s true, that’s a huge risk; and as cool as they look, I’m not sure I’d want to go that route and assume that risk.
Morimoto doesn’t make the OEM lights. They make full replacement LED headlights (not just the bulbs, the whole assembly) for trucks with halogen lights from the factory.

Yeah, that’s slick! That’s pretty much what I want to do. Can you show me a picture of the front? I wonder what the cost would be to get the stock grill wrapped with a flat black wrap? Can’t imagine it’d be very expensive. What grey is that? The Carbonized Grey or the lighter grey that comes with King Ranches?
Carbonized grey

Attachments

• F776AF54-08C3-4EE3-9E0F-2A5B841D71E0.jpeg
    F776AF54-08C3-4EE3-9E0F-2A5B841D71E0.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 66
Does the blacked out appearance package really come with LEDs? I ordered mine with the halogens and I’m not sure if I want the LEDs now🤔

The black package gives u 20 in tires u will not get on a tremor n a black step on tremor u get a black off road step my opinion is the black package is a screwing without grease on a tremor if u r getting a 22 the better package would be the lariat sport package n just change the grill to black

Yay, Can’t wait to blind everyone on the road.
It'll be interesting to see what the LEDs are like (I also ordered Black Appearance Package). I actually really wanted the premium headlights as I do a lot of night driving on highways there are moose present. They really shouldn't blind people as they have a proper cut-off unlike cheap aftermarket headlights or people retrofitting ridiculous HID or LED bulbs into a housing intended for a Halogen.

My only concern is long-term longevity, I really don't want to have to replace them are they are likely very difficult/impossible to service as they are likely permanently sealed. I'll definitely be using film protection on them and not running them when I don't need to to make them last as long as possible.

The Lariat Black package makes it so easy to finish the black out process, that is was well worth it for me. The awesome Black LEDs and black mirror caps were just icing on the cake...

I also have the CG, and I only had to swap the silver 6.7L and Powerstroke badges, and cover the chrome handle on the tailgate. Also, the Lariat Black is the only truck Ford sells that does NOT have a blue oval with shiny chrome on the front and back. (They are black with black chrome...)

Tremor-RF.jpg
Tremor-Exhaust-Far.jpeg

Tremor-Tailgate-Handle.jpeg

Does the blacked out appearance package really come with LEDs? I ordered mine with the halogens and I’m not sure if I want the LEDs now🤔
Yes, the LEDs are a huge improvement over the halogen. All the tucks at work have the halogen and it’s like comparing daylight to a child’s flashlight between the halogen and the LEDs.

Yes, the LEDs are a huge improvement over the halogen. All the tucks at work have the halogen and it’s like comparing daylight to a child’s flashlight between the halogen and the LEDs.
That sounds awesome, I’m sold now. Personal opinion but I like the look of the OEM vs the marimottos, and the wife definitely doesn’t want them sooo……..

Back