Bilstein replacement for tremor shocks

Fox by far

I have had great success with Fox shocks on several vehicles, including my Tremor.

I chose Bilstein 5100's because of their availability. In May, both Fox and Kings were order and wait. Today Idk. I have nothing good to say about Rancho 9000's. I can say, with the Carli Level, the Bilstein 5100's are firm, not hard, or rough but you feel the bump once and its over. I think thats where the custom valving from Fox and King come into play. If the Kings were available today, would they be worth the additional $2600. Maybe, if I drove more ..

I chose Bilstein 5100's because of their availability. In May, both Fox and Kings were order and wait. Today Idk. I have nothing good to say about Rancho 9000's. I can say, with the Carli Level, the Bilstein 5100's are firm, not hard, or rough but you feel the bump once and its over. I think thats where the custom valving from Fox and King come into play. If the Kings were available today, would they be worth the additional $2600. Maybe, if I drove more ..
Kings and Fox are on back order. Just had to switch my order as the fox steering stabilizer I ordered had eta of January

Looking for some advice to replace my stock shocks for a better ride. Im not looking to level or replace anything else except for the shocks. Thanks in advance.
I personally think my Tremor rides good compared to my previous truck which was a 2017 Ram 2500.

I often wonder why buyers buy a 3/4 or 1 ton truck and expect a smooth ride. I have owned 2 2500 Chevrolet trucks, 1 F250 prior to my Tremor. My '21 Tremor rides smoother than any aforementioned trucks. The first 500 miles it did wonder on the highway, I have lowered air pressure to 70 psi all around, to avoid the alerts. I have no problem with the highway ride or tracking. Understand I have not owned anything less than a 3/4 ton since 2004. Not trying to step on anyone, just my experience. I love my Tremor and the extra load capacity as I often haul 3000+ pound palletts of river rock.

20210321_134736.jpg

I often wonder why buyers buy a 3/4 or 1 ton truck and expect a smooth ride. I have owned 2 2500 Chevrolet trucks, 1 F250 prior to my Tremor. My '21 Tremor rides smoother than any aforementioned trucks. The first 500 miles it did wonder on the highway, I have lowered air pressure to 70 psi all around, to avoid the alerts. I have no problem with the highway ride or tracking. Understand I have not owned anything less than a 3/4 ton since 2004. Not trying to step on anyone, just my experience. I love my Tremor and the extra load capacity as I often haul 3000+ pound palletts of river rock.

I don’t think anyone is expecting a better ride than stock, and I believe most feel it’s fine stock.

Many just want to make the ride better because despite being fine it leaves much to be desired.

It’s the same as like a FX4 is fine but a Tremor is better. Or the halogen lights are fine but LEDs are better. Or a stock bedliner is fine but a LineX is better. Or the fabric seats are fine but the leather seats are better. Or the Duratracs are fine but Nittos are better.

I don’t think anyone is expecting a better ride than stock, and I believe most feel it’s fine stock.

Many just want to make the ride better because despite being fine it leaves much to be desired.

It’s the same as like a FX4 is fine but a Tremor is better. Or the halogen lights are fine but LEDs are better. Or a stock bedliner is fine but a LineX is better. Or the fabric seats are fine but the leather seats are better. Or the Duratracs are fine but Nittos are better.
Good analogy! Well put!!!

My previous truck was a gen1 raptor and the highway ride was so plush. I guess I'm looking for something a little closer to that without breaking the bank. And yes i realize it's a truck ride ;)

My previous truck was a gen1 raptor and the highway ride was so plush. I guess I'm looking for something a little closer to that without breaking the bank. And yes i realize it's a truck ride ;)
Hey, it's all good, I once had a CJ 7 with a 4 inch lift and it was like a buck board!! I just like having my Tremor, no matter the weather, or most terrain, should I need to leave the road I am confident it will handle it. We are all blessed we are able to have such nice trucks and also a place like this forum to trade ideas and just share our passion.

Put some Fox 2.0 shocks on it and it will ride a little better. Still will be rough compared to a Raptor but it will be better than the stock set up.

Put some Fox 2.0 shocks on it and it will ride a little better. Still will be rough compared to a Raptor but it will be better than the stock set up.
how long will fox shocks go before they need to be maintained or rebuilt ? let's say the truck will be on the highway 99% of it's life. thanks

how long will fox shocks go before they need to be maintained or rebuilt ? let's say the truck will be on the highway 99% of it's life. thanks
Daily driving without being exposed to salt, probably 75,000. With Salt exposure, your guess is better than mine. The Fox 2.0 Shocks w/reservoirs are only $328 each, thats inexpensive enough to just replace them. Its the 2.5 and 3.0 Shocks that benefit from rebuilding. King Shock are on a 10-12 month backorder. They're approx $2600 + for a set, and are rebuildable.

Latest Discussions

Back