Faux Tremor Pioneer
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'21 F350 7.3L CCLB
Current Ride #2
'17 Mustang GT PP 6M (sold)
So, one of my best friends works for Bilstein, and usually hooks me up with the nice price on shocks when I need them. He took it a step futher this time and customized my brackets with a little Godzilla logo I sent him.

Anyway, rears are in so far, and the ride is a little stiffer but much more controlled. Can't wait to get another weekend day to put the fronts in with snow plow springs and caster shims. I'll update when I do.

20220305_150748.jpg
IMG-20220305-WA0001.jpg
20220305_161629.jpg

How did the caster shims help? I put them in my last truck and not sure what I did wrong but at full cock they would make a popping noise like a ball joint

How did the caster shims help? I put them in my last truck and not sure what I did wrong but at full cock they would make a popping noise like a ball joint
Haven't gotten a chance to road test it since I put the shims in, finished up late last night. I'll let you know this week my impressions.

Nice touch! I didn't even realize that Bilstein was in my neck of the woods until I noticed the other day that I've been driving past the plant every time I go to Jungle Jim's. :LOL:

-SR-

Alignment scheduled for Thursday, though I doubt it's far off.
Truck rides very nice, controlled, taught, not bouncy over washboard. Happy so far with the upgrade. Dealer service writer asked about and noted the caster shims, so the alignment tech doesn't go nuts trying to adjust out all the additional caster I added (went with the SPC +2.3/2.6 set).

Just scheduled with PMF in Tucson to get 5160s for front and rear on Monday. What rear sway bar is that? And do you have a part # for it?

Just scheduled with PMF in Tucson to get 5160s for front and rear on Monday. What rear sway bar is that? And do you have a part # for it?
Interested to hear what all you’re getting from them. I talked to them a few months back and they were too busy to fit me in because they were prepping a sema build. How long did you have to wait to get in?

In that situation I think I moan and grunt but either way it’s a delightful experience.

So, one of my best friends works for Bilstein, and usually hooks me up with the nice price on shocks when I need them. He took it a step futher this time and customized my brackets with a little Godzilla logo I sent him.

Anyway, rears are in so far, and the ride is a little stiffer but much more controlled. Can't wait to get another weekend day to put the fronts in with snow plow springs and caster shims. I'll update when I do.

View attachment 48094View attachment 48095View attachment 48096
Love the extra touch!

As soon as my rears blow again (and we all know they will) I am going this route. I also should take my old ones and tie them to a unmanned balloon with antennas and wait for Uncle Sam to send the tremor shocks back to the underworld.

Here's the thread with part numbers on the other forum...

Part cost was very reasonable when I did it 2 summers ago...

As soon as my rears blow again (and we all know they will) I am going this route. I also should take my old ones and tie them to a unmanned balloon with antennas and wait for Uncle Sam to send the tremor shocks back to the underworld.
Yeah, when I did mine, one of the rears already had a dribble of oil running down the factory shock, at like 4000 miles!

Interested to hear what all you’re getting from them. I talked to them a few months back and they were too busy to fit me in because they were prepping a sema build. How long did you have to wait to get in?
Well, I called yesterday and scheduled for Monday. So not a long wait (they were willing to get me in this Thursday or Friday too). It may help that I am a returning customer and shock installs for front and rear only take them 45 minutes to an hour. I am doing caster shims and all 4 shocks because the rears started clunking about 5000miles ago and being on the road full time makes the whole Ford warranty replacement a PITA. I don’t have time to wait two weeks to get into a dealer to then wait who knows how long before the Tremor shocks ship.

I keep waffling on whether to run theses Bilstein 5160s, or throw down triple the money for some Fox 2.5”. Please chime in with any advice especially if there is anyone with experience to compare the Bilstein 5160 vs Fox 2.5” (with or without DSC)

i ran these 5160's in my f150 3.0 from 2019-2020 and 5100's in my 2009 Nissan Frontier from 2011 to 2013... they were firm, until they were not... and leaked ever where

i ran these 5160's in my f150 3.0 from 2019-2020 and 5100's in my 2009 Nissan Frontier from 2011 to 2013... they were firm, until they were not... and leaked ever where
So they’re just like the Tremor shocks then😅

Reactions: Twn
I priced out some "Gucci" shocks...all claimed to be able to be rebuilt. COOL. Until I realized the cost of rebuilding, I might as well just keep buying new shocks. :oops::oops:

What spare tire is that? And is that the Ford OEM sway bar?

Back