Bicycle and Kayak Mounting Question

A78B4234-855D-4D5A-A3A1-D0841D4B407B.jpeg

Maybe someone else will chime in that has the BAK. I went with the RetraxPRO XR for some of the very same reasons you listed. I have the Yakima OverHaul HD rack system for bikes, kayaks, etc.... The rails on the Retrax make it very easy to use the Yakima rack system. I do not keep the rack on all of the time since it is so easy to put on and take off. Good Luck!
How do you like the OverHaul? Picking up my F350 tomorrow and already have the Retrax Pro sitting in the garage, pretty sure I'm going the Yakima route also.

How do you like the OverHaul? Picking up my F350 tomorrow and already have the Retrax Pro sitting in the garage, pretty sure I'm going the Yakima route also.
I know you didn’t ask me but I have one too and it’ll swap to the new truck.

Very impressed with the Yakima setup, they provide all necessary tools and it’s very high quality. Just don’t over torque the t slot bolts as they will deform the track, slightly.

I got all my Yakima parts from REI on a 20% off sale which helped because they aren’t cheap.

Outpost HD

022B1B21-3211-4335-86C1-3E698F12E20A.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe someone else will chime in that has the BAK. I went with the RetraxPRO XR for some of the very same reasons you listed. I have the Yakima OverHaul HD rack system for bikes, kayaks, etc.... The rails on the Retrax make it very easy to use the Yakima rack system. I do not keep the rack on all of the time since it is so easy to put on and take off. Good Luck!
I just ordered an Overhaul HD and have a RetraxONE as well. I will be looking to mount the bikes on it as we go camping a ton with our OPUS4 TT. What else do you do with the Overhaul? How do you mount everything? Mind posting some pics when you have a chance?

Back