Best price on new tremor - Austin area

fox941

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2000 Toyota 4Runner, soon to be f-350 Tremor
First Responder
FF/Paramedic
Hello. New to the forum and getting ready to order a new tremor. Have a few questions.

Anyone in the Austin area recently order a new super duty and get close to invoice pricing?

Most of the dealerships I’ve spoken to stated msrp, but recently found out I can get x plan pricing with my Texas CCA membership. I just renewed it after being expired for a few months. It says 90 days min membership so I should be good by the time the truck comes in. I want to order this week but Just don’t want the truck to come in too soon and not be able to get x plan pricing.

Is the x plan pricing online the same as I’ll pay at the dealership? I don’t know if my sales guy just doesn’t know what he’s talking about but he said he can’t tell me x plan pricing until Ford schedules it and gives them an invoice. This was at Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels.

Hello. New to the forum and getting ready to order a new tremor. Have a few questions.

Anyone in the Austin area recently order a new super duty and get close to invoice pricing?

Most of the dealerships I’ve spoken to stated msrp, but recently found out I can get x plan pricing with my Texas CCA membership. I just renewed it after being expired for a few months. It says 90 days min membership so I should be good by the time the truck comes in. I want to order this week but Just don’t want the truck to come in too soon and not be able to get x plan pricing.

Is the x plan pricing online the same as I’ll pay at the dealership? I don’t know if my sales guy just doesn’t know what he’s talking about but he said he can’t tell me x plan pricing until Ford schedules it and gives them an invoice. This was at Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels.
You might check with either Bryan or Wendell Tanner at Covert Ford in Austin. I’m not a big fan of the dealership, but these are good guys. I ordered my previous Tremor from them.

Mac Haik in Georgetown agreed in writing to X-plan plus whatever other incentives exist or PCO. Daniel "Doc” Leisey will work with you.

X-plan is just dealer invoice minus 0.4%, I believe. I think there is a cap on doc fees too. Roughly, just subtract 6.25% from the MSRP. You'll be close.

See if you can poke around for a PCO. I did and got one worth $2,000. Have them add it to the order.

Last edited:

Use this website, but you will need a partner code from your Texas CCA membership.

Mac Haik is a terrible dealership for ordering these trucks. How do I know? I've ordered two. The first took seven months to arrive, and for the second order, placed in July, I don't even have a vin yet.

There's no post sale follow-up, they've never supplied the missing items I was promised at the time of order, and since I took delivery of the first truck I have been absolutely harassed by dozens of mailings conveying various forms of fake threats of which turned out to be veiled advertisements for extended warranty services.

image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Mac Haik in Georgetown agreed in writing to X-plan plus whatever other incentives exist or PCO. Daniel "Doc” Leisey will work with you.

X-plan is just dealer invoice minus 0.4%, I believe. I think there is a cap on doc fees too. Roughly, just subtract 6.25% from the MSRP. You'll be close.

See if you can poke around for a PCO. I did and got one worth $2,000. Have them add it to the order.
I’ve been working hard on magically generating a PCO. Maybe I’ll get lucky and something will show up soon.

I've been happy so far with Bill Fick in Huntsville, I think they have free or low cost delivery to Austin area. Ordered 10/13, and was just notified delivery is expected by 12/7, but it is an XLT so the timing might be different for Tremors. Invoice pricing with free delivery. I expect the deal to go smooth, but if it goes sideways I'll update.

Mac Haik is a terrible dealership for ordering these trucks. How do I know? I've ordered two. The first took seven months to arrive, and for the second order, placed in July, I don't even have a vin yet.

There's no post sale follow-up, they've never supplied the missing items I was promised at the time of order, and since I took delivery of the first truck I have been absolutely harassed by dozens of mailings conveying various forms of fake threats of which turned out to be veiled advertisements for extended warranty services.

View attachment 39635
That is not my experience with MHF. I have bought three, going on four, new vehicles from them since 2017 and have thought they were quite good. The warranty card you show I see every time I buy a new car or truck and they are never associated with the dealer (read fine print). I am not arguing that you are wrong in how you feel, but just saying I have not had the type of experience you've had.

That is not my experience with MHF. I have bought three, going on four, new vehicles from them since 2017 and have thought they were quite good. The warranty card you show I see every time I buy a new car or truck and they are never associated with the dealer (read fine print). I am not arguing that you are wrong in how you feel, but just saying I have not had the type of experience you've had.

It is the experience I've had. As for the warranty card, I've received at least twenty separate mailings, many taking the essential tone of the card I posted; it is harassment. It is my understanding that the solicitations, while not directly representative of the dealerships, are nonetheless sold customer data by individual dealerships. In the case of this dealership - my customer information was sold to a great many companies and I do not appreciate it.

Regardless of experience prior to the supply chain degradation, since then there is something about the volume of vehicles received, the priority with which the dealership is allocated orders, or perhaps simply issues of incompetence in the ordering department - I cannot say. What I can say is that I've been given the highest priority on each retail order. As I said, the first took seven months, the second has taken four months so far and not one time has the dealer reached out, or provided any information whatsoever. Four months and I have no VIN... I am aware I could harass the dealer, or reach out to Ford once again, as I did a month ago, but the experience has been so unpleasant, I'm reconsidering the purchase.

While your experience may vary, my experience is regarding the entirety of 2021, and illustrative of severe variance in customer care if nothing else. My truck, when it arrived, was missing several small options that were agreed upon at the time of order, noticed and promised at the time of delivery. I have had my truck for over two months and not one time have I received a post sale call or a response to the one text I sent requesting updates on my parts.

During the process I was told by my salesman that he considered me a friend, and we frequently spoke, when I called, about various topics surrounding the vehicle. Nonetheless, once the truck was delivered... There went the friendly conversation, and I've had exactly no contact since.

There are so many Tremors purchased in Texas, and so many that were ordered after, and delivered before, my own. Why take the chance? Choose a dealer with a strong reputation and quick delivery times and don't look back.

It is the experience I've had. As for the warranty card, I've received at least twenty separate mailings, many taking the essential tone of the card I posted; it is harassment. It is my understanding that the solicitations, while not directly representative of the dealerships, are nonetheless sold customer data by individual dealerships. In the case of this dealership - my customer information was sold to a great many companies and I do not appreciate it.

Regardless of experience prior to the supply chain degradation, since then there is something about the volume of vehicles received, the priority with which the dealership is allocated orders, or perhaps simply issues of incompetence in the ordering department - I cannot say. What I can say is that I've been given the highest priority on each retail order. As I said, the first took seven months, the second has taken four months so far and not one time has the dealer reached out, or provided any information whatsoever. Four months and I have no VIN... I am aware I could harass the dealer, or reach out to Ford once again, as I did a month ago, but the experience has been so unpleasant, I'm reconsidering the purchase.

While your experience may vary, my experience is regarding the entirety of 2021, and illustrative of severe variance in customer care if nothing else. My truck, when it arrived, was missing several small options that were agreed upon at the time of order, noticed and promised at the time of delivery. I have had my truck for over two months and not one time have I received a post sale call or a response to the one text I sent requesting updates on my parts.

During the process I was told by my salesman that he considered me a friend, and we frequently spoke, when I called, about various topics surrounding the vehicle. Nonetheless, once the truck was delivered... There went the friendly conversation, and I've had exactly no contact since.

There are so many Tremors purchased in Texas, and so many that were ordered after, and delivered before, my own. Why take the chance? Choose a dealer with a strong reputation and quick delivery times and don't look back.
Yikes. Well, I wish you the best moving forward!

You might check with either Bryan or Wendell Tanner at Covert Ford in Austin. I’m not a big fan of the dealership, but these are good guys. I ordered my previous Tremor from them.
My conversations with Covert only involved a premium over MSRP (it was in the middle of all the pricing chaos earlier this year). Thus, I bought elsewhere.

My conversations with Covert only involved a premium over MSRP (it was in the middle of all the pricing chaos earlier this year). Thus, I bought elsewhere.
Yeah in October of 2020 they ordered for me at less than invoice. There weren’t willing to do that again a few months ago. But it is always worth asking since I know they have high allocations.

I bought mine from Truck City Ford in Buda, easiest truck buying experience ever. They communicated often, i ordered in April and took delivery in mid Aug. They accepted x-plan as well. Talk to Scott Robinson (GM).

Back