modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
What are you guys doing for phone mounts? This seems like a good setup ( 67 Designs carbon fiber phone mount paired with the Built Right Industries Dash Mount )

Check out Proclip USA. They have dash mounts that clip onto the air vents. Personally I have the built right dash mount but I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for it to get warmer so I don't crack any plastic parts.

I have the builtright dash mount in my raptor. It is super nice, I have a ram mounts ball, arm and x grip on it

Have the Builtright Set up as well and haven't installed it yet but I did see the 67 designs set up and really like the carbon fiber touch. If I hadn't already bought the Builtright I probably would've went the 67 designs route. I still might and just sell the one that I don't go with.

I just keep the phone in the charging area. I do have the builtright dash mount that will be going in soon. I'll be using to mount an Icom ID-5100a vhf/uhf radio

Anyone using this from Course Motorsports? Curious as to the amount of interference with the gear shift and the auto grip charging head if anyone has experience/pictures.

I'm waiting for Proclip to make one for the 2022 with the big screen Sync 4.
They emailed me and said they would be making one. It doesn't seem to have happened yet...

I almost opted for the 67D mount but I’m getting the BuiltRight mount because it looks like it’ll give me a lot more options for mounting things AND I’ll still have storage room under it

Anyone using this from Course Motorsports? Curious as to the amount of interference with the gear shift and the auto grip charging head if anyone has experience/pictures.

I had one. Good idea bad execution. Every time you hit a bump in the road the damn thing would open and your phone goes flying.

I have one very similar to the BuiltRight, made by Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions.

Haven't given me any problems. solid mount.

I have updated my parts list of tools and parts needed
check the link below. Also upgrades done on my Ford F-350 Super Duty Tremor

I love their mount and is the one I finally settled on, but I don't like that charger. and moved to a different magnetic wireless charger. I use mine with the Ohsnap because I like the loop for the finger, but you can use something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HNBHSQV/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3BBGHDKUKWCAL&psc=1

I just never cared for their charger and gave it away.

I love their mount and is the one I finally settled on, but I don't like that charger. and moved to a different magnetic wireless charger. I use mine with the Ohsnap because I like the loop for the finger, but you can use something like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HNBHSQV/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3BBGHDKUKWCAL&psc=1

I just never cared for their charger and gave it away.
@mds2004 How did you run your charging cable? Assuming you are using the ESR charger and looking for a clean method to route the cable that is out of site or at least out of the way.

Some one posted a built where they added a USB power port to the dash tray and powered it by an empty fuse position with the fuse tap. Curious which fuse they chose. I am thinking about #4, the 20 amp, but wonder if I need that much power for a double USB phone charger. Advise please.

I started with the pro clip, but it could not hold the phone over pot holes and medium + size bumps.

I ended up with Builtright dash mount frame, a ram mount ball & extension arm with an x grip. Phone is secure and hasn't fallen out yet, regardless of road conditions and/or terrain.

I hate stuff sticking up in my line of sight. Went with a simple magnetic stick on, been holding there since new with no issue. It’s high enough it doesn’t hit my knee, and slots nicely between all the controls. Dremel’ed out a half circle in the sliding door for a power cord, cemented in a half circle rubber grommet into the dremel’ed out space. Best position for me and much cheaper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 156
Some one posted a built where they added a USB power port to the dash tray and powered it by an empty fuse position with the fuse tap. Curious which fuse they chose. I am thinking about #4, the 20 amp, but wonder if I need that much power for a double USB phone charger. Advise please.

In this install video, the guy used #37 - This fuse has power only when the ignition is on.

This will only work through MY 2021, but I have this one. Inexpensive and effective. Had one on my F150 as well. Love the placement and it holds my phone with wallet case. Sometimes the “nut” needs to be tightened to keep it from drooping, but that is fairly infrequent.

ITrims Car Phone Holder for Ford F-150 F150 2015-2020, Car Air Vent Cell Phone Holder Cradles Mount Compatible for iPhone 11 pro/11 pro max/XS/XR/X/8/7, Galaxy, Moto and Most Smartphones https://a.co/d/3pD8bFJ

I just tied mine into one of the pass through wires and then to switched 12 volt wire by the upfitter wires. No fuse tap required.

Back