Best looking camper

Why not, you can put a slide in camper in the bed of any truck. I've seen them on Tacomas. Is there some law against it that I'm not aware of?
I was only asking since I found this paper in my truck when I got it.

Attachments

• 5BC9C8DD-3CDB-4C58-8711-28EB4BAA0729.jpeg
    5BC9C8DD-3CDB-4C58-8711-28EB4BAA0729.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 43

All Tremors come with that. It has to do with the suspension on the Tremor versus the other spec Super Duty trucks. That said I look at the particulars of "NOT recommended" versus it saying something like "do not under any circumstances." Which it does not say.

I will happily put a camper in the back of the truck and go on my merry way. Maybe I'll add bags, helper springs, or a sway bar if needed. There's plenty of ways to make the suspension even better if needed.

Likely due to the lack of rear sway bar and more "flexy" front sway bar.

IMO a slide-in warrants a good rear sway bar (and possible an upgraded front) and air bags to keep your tail from draggin.

@Cfack is that another new ride your towing or one of your existing fleet??
Existing fleet! 1991 Bronco 351W with mid travel suspension. These pictures were from our trip around Michigan in September to Harrison, Paradise and ended the trip at Silver Lake.

To keep from totally hijacking this thread! I have only added a Hellwig rear sway bar to the tremor and it pulls this setup wonderfully.

Palomino backpack ~1600lbs
Trailer ~3500lbs
Bronco ~4300lbs
Wife, dog, gear, tools, water, food, etc etc

37FC9DCD-8E43-434E-8BF5-EB2DCDA5E58F.jpeg

Existing fleet! 1991 Bronco 351W with mid travel suspension. These pictures were from our trip around Michigan in September to Harrison, Paradise and ended the trip at Silver Lake.

To keep from totally hijacking this thread! I have only added a Hellwig rear sway bar to the tremor and it pulls this setup wonderfully.

Palomino backpack ~1600lbs
Trailer ~3500lbs
Bronco ~4300lbs
Wife, dog, gear, tools, water, food, etc etc

View attachment 104864
I like that pic for TOTM!

camper.jpg

First trip this weekend with the new rig - have installed the lower stable loads at this point, going to try it this weekend but imagine a bigwig sway bar is in the future.

Door sticker says 3899lb payload, camper is 2800 dry. My truck also had the "Camper Not Recommended" paper.

Last edited:
Most likely Ford just covering there ass in the sue-happy world.
They probably put that in every Super Duty that is built without the 'camper package'.
That’s just it or the fact the tremor sits up higher and with a camper and no rear sway bar it increases the risk of a rollover during a sharp high speed turn which you shouldn’t do anyway.

Back