TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2022 F-250 Tremor, 7.3
295EDB7F-0CEB-446D-87AE-CF7C0A00FBF7.jpeg

Both look fantastic, but too large for my uses. Unfortunately the minimalist approach that would work for me is not the most aesthetically pleasing.

Probably not, but there are several of us that have. No regrets here. We did a few suspension mods and have driven over 30k miles with this combo - either towing our Jeep, boat or SXS. We love it. We've driven it across the country three times (not to mention numerous shorter trips in/around the mid-Atlantic) and have done some mild off road (yes, 4x4 required - but gotta watch the off-camber) with it to remote areas of Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Cali & Arizona. It's been great and in my opinion, looks pretty bad ass. It's our "Poor Man's Earthroamer, as we like to call it.

I thought you couldn't use a slide in camper on a Tremor.
I added anti-sway and airbags, yes it kind of ruins the Tremors independents from the other models. But, I wanted the features like rock crawling, lower rear end, etc. I went with the Cirrus 820 being under 3K weight, the lowest with holding tanks. I also like the Alde heating system.

I love the looks of the Cirrus 820, it is the best looking camper out there.
I like the construction of the Northern Lites 8-11, fiberglass clamshell is great.
It's a tough call. But leaning toward the 8-11 right now even though it is more $$$.

The Cirrus campers do look good. I thought the Cirrus 720 had a good floorplan and was an ideal weight. I wonder why they dropped it from the lineup?

My luxe, but minimal approach. 250Ah battery, propane forced air furnace, and 65L fridge-freezer in the back.
AT or OEV flatbed, hard-sided options are the next good step up from this poptop Atlas.

DSC_0285.jpg

The Cirrus campers do look good. I thought the Cirrus 720 had a good floorplan and was an ideal weight. I wonder why they dropped it from the lineup?
Not sure, they changed this one's bathroom configuration on the 23 model

My luxe, but minimal approach. 250Ah battery, propane forced air furnace, and 65L fridge-freezer in the back.
AT or OEV flatbed, hard-sided options are the next good step up from this poptop Atlas.

View attachment 104567
Like it, but I need to have a bathroom!

I've been looking at relatively small hitch drawn travel trailers. What is the wind profile and stability like with the slide-ins?

I've been looking at relatively small hitch drawn travel trailers. What is the wind profile and stability like with the slide-ins?
I haven’t yet experienced this yet, I have gone max speed of almost 80 and no issues, normally 65, but no serious cross winds

We've gone through some extended periods of significant side-winds through Nebraska and Wyoming. It's never been a handful, but you can certainly tell you are driving a big sail... lots of sustained counter-steer, but no white knuckle events. On one trip, we saw two bumper-pull trailers destroyed with one completely upside down in Wyoming. Felt bad for both of them.

Latest Discussions

Back