Best LED bulb upgrade for halogen headlights

RangerR47

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Which LED bulbs are you guys that have gone this route using and are there any to stay away from? Headlight Revolution and F150LED are pretty much the 2 I really hear anyone talking about. I will upgrade my fog bulbs as well to LED so interested in hearing on those as well.

Im not looking to get the $2k LED complete light swap or HID etc. I know some will swear if you use LED in the stock housing that unicorns will cry and there will be all out nuclear war. But with quality LED bulbs and proper aiming , I am willing to take that chance.

I just got some from amazon about a year ago, think they were sealight, have worked great, no issues. You are right that some people will pitch a fit about leds in halogen housings but they work far better than the halogen bulbs. Just make sure you get the led type that emulates a halogen filament and can be rotated to get the proper cutoff. You will get a little scatter but it doesnt bother me. I dont get flashed at night and find that alot of factory leds can easily blind other drivers just the same if not adjusted properly.

I just got some from amazon about a year ago, think they were sealight, have worked great, no issues.
Can you provide the model number of the Sealight leds that you used or a link? Since they are working for you, I want to make sure that I get the exact ones that you installed.

How was your high beams? I put F150leds and low beam is wild bright and high beam is kinda bland.

Yeah, bland is a good word for the high beam. Almost like it doesn’t really put out more light than the lows just scatters it more.

But I’m fine with it because the lows are so freaking bright and so much better than stock.

I ran the f150 bulbs for a week before sending them back. Very bright on low but high beam was worse than stock I feel. Low beam didn't throw light far enough ahead and I was already being flashed by every other driver.

Decided to add some baja designs fog lights and use em when I want instead of on all the time. And yes, the baja designs fogs are easily 2x brighter than the f150 headlight set up.

Best of luck 👍🏻

Decided to add some baja designs fog lights and use em when I want instead of on all the time. And yes, the baja designs fogs are easily 2x brighter than the f150 headlight set up.

Best of luck 👍🏻
Do they install in place of the factory fog lights or are they additional lights that you mount on the front of the truck?

I broke down and spent the $$$ to buy the S-V.4 LED bulbs at headlight revolution. Easily 2-3 times brighter than the halogens and I never get flashed by on coming traffic.

For the fogs, I'm running the Diode Dynamics SS4 lights.

Love this combo and completely eliminated my regret for not getting the factory LEDs.

Yeah, bland is a good word for the high beam. Almost like it doesn’t really put out more light than the lows just scatters it more.

But I’m fine with it because the lows are so freaking bright and so much better than stock.
Yes they are bright for sure. Thanks for the input.

I broke down and spent the $$$ to buy the S-V.4 LED bulbs at headlight revolution. Easily 2-3 times brighter than the halogens and I never get flashed by on coming traffic.

For the fogs, I'm running the Diode Dynamics SS4 lights.

Love this combo and completely eliminated my regret for not getting the factory LEDs.
Dumb question: Did you have to one or two pair? I probably should just go look at my headlights, but I did not drive the truck to work today...

I am also looking for a LED bulb for my halogen headlights.

BTW, Stage 3 Motorsports has 15% off Diode Dynamics lights right now. I just ordered SS3 Pro Fog Lights and a pair of SS3 Pro Floods to mount as ditch lights. Diode Dynamics also has 15% off but they were charging a lot for shipping ($30 for my order) so I went with Stage 3 Motorsports.

First off, thanks for the replies and info

I worried about the brights not working as they should, not that I use my brights that often, but have to admit my truck came with them setup to auto come off and on and it freaked me out the first time, but then I saw how good it actually was with turning on and also more importantly , turn off on their own at the precise moment to not get flashed by oncoming traffic.

I thought about getting the Baja fogs, they look great and like that you can go one amber and one white . But man they are $$$ , looking at close to a grand for fog lights its making me pause on how much I really want/need them. Plus i worry that it will look weird with stock halogens and bright white fogs that dont match well

At some point Id like to get the Baja x7 as well for when im out the woods, also a big investment....

First off, thanks for the replies and info

I worried about the brights not working as they should, not that I use my brights that often, but have to admit my truck came with them setup to auto come off and on and it freaked me out the first time, but then I saw how good it actually was with turning on and also more importantly , turn off on their own at the precise moment to not get flashed by oncoming traffic.

I thought about getting the Baja fogs, they look great and like that you can go one amber and one white . But man they are $$$ , looking at close to a grand for fog lights its making me pause on how much I really want/need them. Plus i worry that it will look weird with stock halogens and bright white fogs that dont match well

At some point Id like to get the Baja x7 as well for when im out the woods, also a big investment....
The baja designs single fog kit is available as well. Runs for around $325.

The baja designs single fog kit is available as well. Runs for around $325.
That is good to know and keep in mind

Do you happen to have a pic or can you tell me if the bright LED fogs look out of place with stock headlights?

Do you happen to have a pic or can you tell me if the bright LED fogs look out of place with stock headlights?
I'll grab a picture the next chance I get. They differentiate but I only use the baja designs lights on backroads since I've upgraded the halogens to the sylavania ultras.

20211125_125523.jpg

I appreciate you taking the time to get a picture, those fogs do look alot brighter than stock and whiter and brighter than the stock headlights. Im starting to think its not worth messing with this unless you go full LED swap including housing, etc. Which will equal a couple grand....Not really worth upgrading the Halogens either it would seem these days.

Have you guys heard about upgrading your relay harness that uses heavier gauge wire and also will bypass the switch and go straight to the battery , which supposedly makes the stock bulbs like 50% brighter without any other mods, but most of this was on older Ford Super Duties so this may not apply to todays new trucks.

Last edited:
Back