Best fitting rubber bed mat for the Tremor?

Patriot

F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
Ok so I had an Xtreme bed liner sprayed in today, it turned out awesome. The installer has been doing liners for 20 years and has it down to say the least. So now I am looking for a really nice fitting heavy duty rubber bed mat to keep the spray in liner looking new. Whats a really decent looking heavy duty rubber mat that will fit well?

Thanks!

8F1A84C4-5F3C-4E16-9B84-4218949BB04A.jpeg

I had a really nice one from bed rug in my Raptor. Covered the bed and the tailgate in one piece. Super helpful if you are kneeling down and working on something. Would order another but not sure I want to deal with cutting it to accommodate the 5th wheel.

I had a really nice one from bed rug in my Raptor. Covered the bed and the tailgate in one piece. Super helpful if you are kneeling down and working on something. Would order another but not sure I want to deal with cutting it to accommodate the 5th wheel.

Thanks, was it a rubber mat or rug material?

Ok so I had an Xtreme bed liner sprayed in today, it turned out awesome. The installer has been doing liners for 20 years and has it down to say the least. So now I am looking for a really nice fitting heavy duty rubber bed mat to keep the spray in liner looking new. Whats a really decent looking heavy duty rubber mat that will fit well?

Thanks!

View attachment 4932
I have a WeatherTech over my spray in bedliner and it fits perfect. Fair warning though WeatherTech rubber mat does not fit on the tailgate. Only in the bed. I can send you pictures tomorrow if you want to see what it looks like installed it’s raining here in Florida now and is too dark.

I don't even bother trying to keep the bedliner nice, have it my raptor for 7 years and lots abuse and still looks like new

I don't even bother trying to keep the bedliner nice, have it my raptor for 7 years and lots abuse and still looks like new
No sun fading issues? I’ve seen some here in Florida that appear to be whitewashed?

I have a WeatherTech over my spray in bedliner and it fits perfect. Fair warning though WeatherTech rubber mat does not fit on the tailgate. Only in the bed. I can send you pictures tomorrow if you want to see what it looks like installed it’s raining here in Florida now and is too dark.

That would be great. Thanks!

This makes me remember a thread I read once where someone was wondering what kind of protective cover would work well on a set of newly installed all weather floor mats.

So you're asking for a protector for your protector. What's next a protector for your protector's protector so that stays looking new?!!

At some point things are gonna get messy if you're doing it right.... And that doesn't just apply to trucks!! ?

This makes me remember a thread I read once where someone was wondering what kind of protective cover would work well on a set of newly installed all weather floor mats.

So you're asking for a protector for your protector. What's next a protector for your protector's protector so that stays looking new?!!

At some point things are gonna get messy if you're doing it right.... And that doesn't just apply to trucks!! ?

plethoragreen- After two military service related knee surgeries, a rubber mat is just a little easier on my knees than the bed liner when I need to crawl into the truck bed for camping gear with an ARE Z topper on. And yes, it helps to keep the bed liner looking new. ?

Onward!

Last edited:
WeatherTech here, I can’t speak for any others

Attachments

• D97DCAAF-F78F-4290-B8EA-27C6F35E3FC5.jpeg
    D97DCAAF-F78F-4290-B8EA-27C6F35E3FC5.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 174
  • CE93B194-B8D4-4719-99C7-6EB89DA86927.jpeg
    CE93B194-B8D4-4719-99C7-6EB89DA86927.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 173
WeatherTech here, I can’t speak for any others

That’s the form fit I am after, looks great! Did you get the tail gate liner?
How is it secured in the bed? Or what keeps it from blowing out?

Last edited:
That’s the form fit I am after, looks great! Did you get the tail gate liner?
How is it secured in the bed? Or what keeps it from blowing out?
I did get the tailgate liner also, but it did not fit. The reason it did not fit is because the thickness of the bedliner material takes up the space that the tailgate liner needs. The tailgate liner is designed in such a way that it’s forward most edge tucks underneath the plastic end of the tailgate (The area where the retractable step is) but because this area is already taken up by the bedliner material both tucked underneath the plastic tailgate cap did not fit. The manufacture is aware of this problem and refunded my money including shipping for the tailgate liner. The bedliner dropped right in and after a day or two in the sun it took shape very nicely. It is held in place by weatherproof Velcro tape and was brainless to install. I have had it in my bed now for about four months and have traveled upwards of 85 mph and 2000 miles and never has it shown any signs of wanting to lift off. As I said after a couple of days in the sun it will soften up a little and form itself around all of the contours of the bed very nicely. I hope this helps in your decision making process?

I did get the tailgate liner also, but it did not fit. The reason it did not fit is because the thickness of the bedliner material takes up the space that the tailgate liner needs. The tailgate liner is designed in such a way that it’s forward most edge tucks underneath the plastic end of the tailgate (The area where the retractable step is) but because this area is already taken up by the bedliner material both tucked underneath the plastic tailgate cap did not fit. The manufacture is aware of this problem and refunded my money including shipping for the tailgate liner. The bedliner dropped right in and after a day or two in the sun it took shape very nicely. It is held in place by weatherproof Velcro tape and was brainless to install. I have had it in my bed now for about four months and have traveled upwards of 85 mph and 2000 miles and never has it shown any signs of wanting to lift off. As I said after a couple of days in the sun it will soften up a little and form itself around all of the contours of the bed very nicely. I hope this helps in your decision making process?
Thank you, a great review. Much appreciated.

On a sidenote my knees are shot also and I noticed having to put weight on the bedliner material very uncomfortable for me. This material is a little forgiving and adds a little extra cushion and is much more tolerable on my knees. Although I wish I had the tailgate liner also I’m happy with the way it worked out. I do not want my tailgate liner to turn gray and ugly. One more thing I have the fifth wheel gooseneck package but I don’t use it much and this covers it easily without being seen.

No sun fading issues? I’ve seen some here in Florida that appear to be whitewashed?
Mine looks a little faded but I spray a little hyper dressing on it every once in a while. Makes it look brand new and not slippery

Back