Best & Cheapest 8 inch lift kit for 40's?

I saw that in the fine print. The more I think about this, the more issues I see arising with 8in+ lift. I'm leaning more towards 38's and a 6in lift now. I just want a bolt and go setup.
I have been through this exact same decision. I have had 6 lifted trucks in the past 7 years (GMC and Ford) and I have now ended up with 2 Fords with lifts. My newest baby (and the one closest to your goal) is a 2022 F250 with a BDS 6 inch lift with 38x13.5 tires. This is my 2nd BDS lift and I love it. They have a reputation for being very solid, well-built and a warranty second to none. The only thing I tow is a 21 foot bass boat. I think this lift and tires is the sweet spot of being a pavement princess and still being functional with a great ride as a daily driver. If you want more of a show truck vibe, go with Stryker which I have and love also for different reasons (I drove a Stryker 14 inch lift on 42s for a year as a daily driver before I decided to size down a little). The BDS long arm kit with Fox shocks rides surprisingly well. The problem with 40 inch tires is that you also increase the width to 15.5. This affects steering and ride way more than I thought it would. I feel like I am at the best "functional" happy spot with a 6 inch lift and 38x13.5 tires.

For cheapest.... be careful.

Last edited:
I have been through this exact same decision. I have had 6 lifted trucks in the past 7 years (GMC and Ford) and I have now ended up with 2 Fords with lifts. My newest baby (and the one closest to your goal) is a 2022 F250 with a BDS 6 inch lift with 38x13.5 tires. This is my 2nd BDS lift and I love it. They have a reputation for being very solid, well-built and a warranty second to none. The only thing I tow is a 21 foot bass boat. I think this lift and tires is the sweet spot of being a pavement princess and still being functional with a great ride as a daily driver. If you want more of a show truck vibe, go with Stryker which I have and love also for different reasons (I drove a Stryker 14 inch lift on 42s for a year as a daily driver before I decided to size down a little). The BDS long arm kit with Fox shocks rides surprisingly well. The problem with 40 inch tires is that you also increase the width to 15.5. This affects steering and ride way more than I thought it would. I feel like I am at the best "functional" happy spot with a 6 inch lift and 38x13.5 tires.

For cheapest.... be careful.

I'm now leaning towards the Zone Offroad 6" Radius Arm Lift Kit. They are a sister company to BDS and while trying to keep the cost down, this seems like the best option. Zone says max tire is 37" but on the BDS site their 6" kit says it'll fit 38's. Do you or anyone have any experience with this kit? Will the 6" kit fit 38's?

https://zoneoffroad.com/products/6-...it-for-2020-super-duty?variant=40188172632152

I never put much weight on the lift manufacturers stated tire size fitment. Too often I've seen them list a smaller size than actually can fit. Sometimes the size listed doesn't even require any lift. If the BDS system works with a 38 I would have no reason to believe that the Zone lift of the same height wouldn't. A 37" tire with the right width and offset wheel can be run without lift.

For reference, this is my 2022 F250 with the 6 in BDS lift, 38x13.5 tires and 20x10 wheels. No rubbing.

IMG-7362.JPG

Nice! Post more pics!
Thanks. Here's more pics:

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7398.JPG

This next one shows a glimpse in the background of my monster 2017 F250 with a 14 inch Stryker lift and 42 inch tires I mentioned in my previous post:

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7406.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7406.JPG
    IMG_7406.JPG
    625.6 KB · Views: 5
Back