Best CCV Delete Kit

stryker6040

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Star White
In the opinion of this group what is the best CCV delete kit currently? I was looking at the SPE one with the catchcan but have been warned to look at all the complaints against this company. I have not personally dealt with with them and a simple search on here or google have not come back with anything other than a few references to their disaster prevention kit.

SPE makes quality products, but their customer service is non-existent. Just know if you buy something from them, it will take 4-6 weeks to get your item, and then you’re on your own. Their disaster prevention kit did not fit my truck like they said it should, and they basically blamed it on me, even when I sent pictures showing how it wouldn’t fit. It I have all SPE stuff in my truck, end quality is great. I haven’t yet installed the CCV delete kit, since I had just roped out a bunch of stuff to do the disaster kit, and when it didn’t fit, I was pissed and just put everything back in. I will get to it soon though.

I installed the SPE kit on my 22. Install was fairly straightforward but I did have to shave the internal catch can slightly to fully seat it. I’ve already got nearly 13k miles with it installed and no issues to speak of.

I installed the SPE kit on my 22. Install was fairly straightforward but I did have to shave the internal catch can slightly to fully seat it. I’ve already got nearly 13k miles with it installed and no issues to speak of.
Did you add an extra hose that is available for the kit?
Any smells? Oil/burning oil, ... Any drips of oil? I know the Catch Can is supposed to prevent this.

Any smells? Oil/burning oil, ... Any drips of oil? I know the Catch Can is supposed to prevent this.
I got the extra length of hose and ran it back to the front of the fuel tank. I haven’t seen any oil drips yet. I haven’t noticed any smells inside or from walking around the truck but if I look I can see a little smoke and if I get close enough I can smell the smoke.

I got the extra length of hose and ran it back to the front of the fuel tank. I haven’t seen any oil drips yet. I haven’t noticed any smells inside or from walking around the truck but if I look I can see a little smoke and if I get close enough I can smell the smoke.
Thanks for the reply. I was going to do the same thing.

Didn’t use any extra hose, it dumps out right under the driver door next to the frame ( I probably need to readjust it so that it’s not pointing directly at the harness…). You can see a bit of oil residue but not much. Only after a long drive, if I leave the truck idling for a bit a can smell a bit.

Didn’t use any extra hose, it dumps out right under the driver door next to the frame ( I probably need to readjust it so that it’s not pointing directly at the harness…). You can see a bit of oil residue but not much. Only after a long drive, if I leave the truck idling for a bit a can smell a bit.

Attachments

• 344722D2-5869-4F34-AA42-BDB779418E07.jpeg
    344722D2-5869-4F34-AA42-BDB779418E07.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 170
Yes, I can see where you would want to point that away from harness. Thanks for the information.

Back