Best Aluminum receiver hitch. Weigh Safe?

Tremordreaming

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Trying to decide what hitch. I know I want a 3” with 7-8” drop. I also want something that won’t rust. Right now I keep going back to the weigh Safe. Does anyone have this hitch with the black Cerakote finish? If so is it worth the extra money?
Any other good aluminum or stainless hitches out there?
I like the B&W stow away but that looks to be steel. Really want something that will handle the harsh Wisconsin winters.

So I had a 2" weigh-safe for my F150. It works great being able to adjust it quickly to tow my 3 different trailers. I live in Wisconsin as well, but don't usually leave it in all winter as I do in the warmer months. Now I am trying to get a 3" mount for my F350 as the other parts are interchangeable and they are telling me that there is an 8-10 week backorder before they can get the aluminum in stock to machine them.

I have the 3" with the ceracote but I can't give any feedback on longevity of coating as I've only had it a few months now. I will say that I like that you can get matching keys, and that the locks don't stand out as they do on some hitches. As far as the look, I would rather see the black to match the rest of my truck instead of bare aluminum. However the black does hotter in the summer months. If I was towing anything heavy with this hitch I wouldn't get aluminum as it would be the weak link in components. As I only tow 10k or less off that hitch and its not frequent I was happy to go with a lighter hitch.

Now I am trying to get a 3" mount for my F350 as the other parts are interchangeable and they are telling me that there is an 8-10 week backorder before they can get the aluminum in stock to machine them.
Try ParleysDieselPerformance. They have them in stock.

I have the 3" B&W Tow and Stow hitch, but as others have said, I remove mine when not towing. It is nice to have it tucked in when going to pick up a trailer, but it is easy enough to remove when not needed to keep it from rusting.

Any reason to get a Weigh Safe steel version instead of their aluminum version?

I always figured people bought aluminum hitches for weight reduction, not to avoid rust. Wouldn't it just be a rust free part connecting a rust-prone receiver to a rust-prone trailer?
(sparks and wildfires too I guess) Although that's something I thought of and didn't google it.

(sparks and wildfires too I guess) Although that's something I thought of and didn't google it.
That's a great feature/benefit, but I do imagine you invented that idea. ??

I always figured people bought aluminum hitches for weight reduction, not to avoid rust. Wouldn't it just be a rust free part connecting a rust-prone receiver to a rust-prone trailer?
Not if you’re connecting to aluminum trailers, otherwise yes. I also live in Wisconsin and got rid of steel in favor of an aluminum trailer. One trip in the winter and your new steel trailer is pitted and rusting.

Trying to decide what hitch. I know I want a 3” with 7-8” drop. I also want something that won’t rust. Right now I keep going back to the weigh Safe. Does anyone have this hitch with the black Cerakote finish? If so is it worth the extra money?
I like the B&W stow away but that looks to be steel. Really want something that will handle the harsh Wisconsin winters.
I have the 10in but an 8 will be fine

Not if you’re connecting to aluminum trailers, otherwise yes. I also live in Wisconsin and got rid of steel in favor of an aluminum trailer. One trip in the winter and your new steel trailer is pitted and rusting.

Good point. I forgot aluminum trailers are a thing. Been a long time since I lived in road salt country.

I got the weigh safe in cerakote, with 6" drop. It's perfect, looks great, is rated for like 20k, and I don't risk a back injury installing/removing it. Also great to be able to dial in the tongue weight easily. It was worth the wait.

I have the 2.5” bare with a 6 inch drop and I like it. I may sometime in the future see if I can get it painted black. I needed it quick or I would’ve gotten the black one. I got the 2.5 instead of 3 for wider compatibility.

So I had a 2" weigh-safe for my F150. It works great being able to adjust it quickly to tow my 3 different trailers. I live in Wisconsin as well, but don't usually leave it in all winter as I do in the warmer months. Now I am trying to get a 3" mount for my F350 as the other parts are interchangeable and they are telling me that there is an 8-10 week backorder before they can get the aluminum in stock to machine them.

I waited like a month to get their WD hitch and just finally got it a couple weeks ago. That’s why I got their regular one while I waited because I needed it before I would get the WD.

Back