Bedslide install

Jackjam

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Kia
Just got my tremor the other week and love it. I saw these bed slides and thought it would be cool to try one. The one I was going to order was the model that slides all the way out and holds 2k lbs. I ended up finding this 1k lb 75% slide one on marketplace for $400 and decided it would be worth getting since the new ones are quite a bit more expensive.

They don’t make no drill mounts for my truck and I didn’t want to drill holes in the bed if I could avoid it. I got it home tonight and slapped together some mounts using the bed bolts.

I think it turned out decent and I like it so far. I will be adding some bins to the sides that go over the wheel wells and at the back corners. Might add one across the front also.

9894FA3B-157C-49FD-80BD-F4B05297DE18.jpeg

E62B48D4-619B-4EF0-80FC-864A6792094C.jpeg
C63C8845-2637-47D5-8EEE-B3F320F03402.jpeg
DE84E7FC-B41A-4CEF-B393-BF92AA81CFA9.jpeg
C6138342-21B7-46DA-9158-364C24282DB4.jpeg
35C45991-CB8D-4FB1-8669-B4EB4ACE5EE8.jpeg

That’s a good deal! Your probably going to find it very limiting and reducing bed space. I’ve been around a few of them at work, they definitely have their place.

The Bed Slide is one of my top 3 must haves ..

B4472382-DAD7-40BA-8560-4E7C4C1D6CE3.jpeg

If I didn’t need a gooseneck, I would 100% have one of these. Great mod and I love those side trays.

Will a sheet of plywood lay flat on that? Or is it too narrow?
It would lay on the frame part but would easily fit.

That’s a good deal! Your probably going to find it very limiting and reducing bed space. I’ve been around a few of them at work, they definitely have their place.
It depends on how you use the truck I guess. For my purposes its perfect. If hauling big stuff was something I did often, I wouldn’t have sold my cclb dually. I still have my equipment trailer for anything big.

Trip to the range today was a great chance to try this thing out. It was really nice not to have to lean in and set all my heavy rifles and bags down. Just set it all on the slide and push it in.

1429FB13-1B87-436F-91FD-D64918C24A43.jpeg

I used this the other day for some heavier stuff. I was able to load everything on it and slide it in the bed. I got the side boxes on also.

14BF9A1B-6E5E-4301-A7A8-142327557859.jpeg
6D6C1286-7C43-4884-9246-BF8CE6B690E3.jpeg
DE35E366-5163-4640-B35E-81C8AC6C3D38.jpeg
3CB0DEF0-ED92-43AF-A2EE-1EFCF9CE3569.jpeg

Used to have one of these installed in my first F250..they are very nice for what they are designed to do; down side is a reduction in useable volume within the box (so I ultimately removed the slide to regain the useful benefit of all the space in the back of the pickup. Where the bedslide can really shine is though if there is a cap on the truck.

Used to have one of these installed in my first F250..they are very nice for what they are designed to do; down side is a reduction in useable volume within the box (so I ultimately removed the slide to regain the useful benefit of all the space in the back of the pickup. Where the bedslide can really shine is thought if there is a cap on the truck.

So far it’s been convenient. What kind of stuff were you hauling that you found the volume reduction to be a hinderance? I guess if I was trying to fill the truck bed with the max amount of firewood or a 50 sheets of plywood I would notice the few inches at the bottom.

Just comes down to how you use the truck. Not having to climb in the bed or reach over the bed side has been great for me.

Search and Rescue hardware, rope rescue, dive, swiftwater, helo gear, medical bags. inflatable boat..its not stackable like plywood.The other inconvenience I found over time is that the installed bed makes it much more challenging to keep clean (lots of debris gets trapped along the rails/bed underside).

Search and Rescue hardware, rope rescue, dive, swiftwater, helo gear, medical bags...its not stackable like plywood.
My issue are things that barely fit under my tonneau as-is, like my inverter/generator. The bed mat made it almost line on line depending where I put it...

My issue are things that barely fit under my tonneau as-is, like my inverter/generator. The bed mat made it almost line on line depending where I put it...
Time for an OEM quality underseat inverter to regain some bed space :)

Search and Rescue hardware, rope rescue, dive, swiftwater, helo gear, medical bags. inflatable boat..its not stackable like plywood.The other inconvenience I found over time is that the installed bed makes it much more challenging to keep clean (lots of debris gets trapped along the rails/bed underside).
Can’t argue with that. Sounds extreme and cool, would definitely like to see pictures of tremor outfitted for rescue mode. I wash mine after every other trip to Home Depot, and don’t really haul that much so I can work around the limitations pretty easily.

Back