Bed noise

Foxfire0616

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
Question to all..

occasionally when I hit a decent bump the bed bounces and sounds like something is in there bouncing around, hell kind of sounds like the bed itself is loose anyone else hear this or is it the truck is just hitting a bump just right?

I’ve herd/felt the same thing. At first I thought it was just my spare trailer tire in the bed bouncing, then I realized that it wasn’t back there. I checked my spare under the truck and it was tight. I’m curious what suggestions you get.

You might be experiencing your overload spring hitting it's bump stop if it is just a thud sound. If that is the case then it is normal.

You might be experiencing your overload spring hitting it's bump stop if it is just a thud sound. If that is the case then it is normal.
It’s more of a bouncing sound like as if something was in the bed.Hard to describe but sounds like if bed was not on all the way and when bump hit just bounces..I hear what you are saying but many of the bumps I don’t believe big enough to bottom it out, sometimes does hit hitting a manhole cover that is slightly raised..

I don’t know how the exhaust are designed in these trucks but my Silverado sounded like a softball rolling around back and forth underneath the bed area. Turned out to be a faulty flapper valve inside the exhaust

is it the tailgate? maybe there is a bit of play in the hinges/latch

Maybe check the bolts holding the bed to the frame, make sure they’re tight? That would rule out the bed being loose and they’re easy to check since they’re exposed.

Do you have a hitch on? When mine is on there is enough play in it that it will make some noise over bigger bumps.

Ahh good thinking. Will take off hitch and test also as said above to check bed bolts
Thanks for ideas ??
This is exactly what happened to me, it was driving me nuts, and it was in fact my hitch.

Back