Bed loaded but still didnt make the back go down

Jamie R.

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Platinum Tremor
Loaded the tremor down with grape boxes today. Each box is 22ish pounds and there is 52 boxes in there. Gonna move the stack around to see if I can get some more in there.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor

Attachments

• 20200820_151827.jpg
    20200820_151827.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 515
  • 20200820_151835.jpg
    20200820_151835.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 443
Loaded the tremor down with grape boxes today. Each box is 22ish pounds and there is 52 boxes in there. Gonna move the stack around to see if I can get some more in there.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor
I had a similar experience. Towed a dual axle uhaul completly loaded down from Seaside FL to Lake Martin AL. no squat whatsoever

I had a similar experience. Towed a dual axle uhaul completly loaded down from Seaside FL to Lake Martin AL. no squat whatsoever

Thats not my experience, these Tremors really squat. I have 5 trailers anywhere from 400 #'s TW to 1500 #'s TW and anything around 800 or more and my F-350 drops like a rock in the back, and makes the front end wander even more than normal, so much that I put air bags on to level heavier loads. I also have a F450 so I just use that for the heavier stuff. I also have a F250 that squats just about as much as the Tremor F350. Loading the weight from front to back certainly helps vs it all hanging in the rear.

I got 6 more boxes in the back after the pic lol. My previous trucks have been 4wd 4dr f150s so I was mainly just seeing how many boxes would fit being the bed is bigger on the super duty. I also earlier this week hooked up our 28ft enclosed trailer and the truck didn't squat much although I'm sure if the trailer was loaded with the car that would have changed. I have a weight safe hitch and if my memory is correct the scale on the hitch only showed maybe 300 pounds. Our tremor is a 250 and has the high capacity trailer option or whatever it was called along with the 5th wheel prep.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor

Attachments

• 20200804_090618.jpg
    20200804_090618.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 323

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor
ranch hand grill guard?

I got 6 more boxes in the back after the pic lol. My previous trucks have been 4wd 4dr f150s so I was mainly just seeing how many boxes would fit being the bed is bigger on the super duty. I also earlier this week hooked up our 28ft enclosed trailer and the truck didn't squat much although I'm sure if the trailer was loaded with the car that would have changed. I have a weight safe hitch and if my memory is correct the scale on the hitch only showed maybe 300 pounds. Our tremor is a 250 and has the high capacity trailer option or whatever it was called along with the 5th wheel prep.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor
nice truck, is that 6 or 8" drop. also ranch hand grill guard?, and do you have a front level or stock

With the camper attached, mine will drop about two-and-a-half maybe 3 in in the back. Our camper has a rather High tongue weight, so, I'm really not all that concerned.

My family does not consume grapes in that quantity so I cannot relate. But...I am digging the hitch mount. I need to purchase an adapter to make al my previous 2” mounts work with the new truck or just splurge for one of those. Who makes it?
I have seen plenty of superduty “squat” videos on YouTube and apparently they do squat more than I thought they would. Perhaps it is how you loaded the boxes but then drive down the road, hit a couple of bumps and recheck. I do not know from experience because the Tremor went back to the dealership the next business day but my previous trucks went from raked to tail draggers when loaded up with unsplit firewood. Added ride right bags to one and firestones to the other. The Tremor will be a little trickier until a specific kit is produced.
Rethinking the grape comment. My wife may just consume enough wine to disqualify my claim.

Last edited:
My family does not consume grapes in that quantity so I cannot relate. But...I am digging the hitch mount. I need to purchase an adapter to make al my previous 2” adapters work with the new truck or just splurge for one of those. Who makes it?
I have seen plenty of superduty “squat” videos on YouTube and apparently they do squat more than I thought they would. Perhaps it is how you loaded the boxes but then drive down the road, hit a couple of bumps and recheck. I do not know from experience because the Tremor went back to the dealership the next business day but my previous trucks went from raked to tail draggers when loaded up with unsplit firewood. Added ride right bags to one and firestones to the other. The Tremor will be a little trickier until a specific kit is produced.
Rethinking the grape comment. My wife may just consume enough wine to disqualify my claim.

Man I just didn't like using the adapter so I got a 3in hitch to fit correctly. The hitch is a 6in drop weight safe hitch. The grapes aren't for me or my family lol. We have a grape vineyard and in the summer we sell grapes so that was the first time landing boxes in the tremor which I was curious how many would fit.

A weight bench is an appropriate place to keep it. =)
It is a chunk of aluminum.....40 pounds shipping weight. Still very light for a 21k capacity. I have used their 2" hitch for a couple years and have had zero problems out of 20k+ miles towing.

Back