Bed Accessory Power Idea

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I was thinking about adding a power panel in the bed, for camping, running 12v accessories and the like, powered off of the constant on upfitter switch #6. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this? I could weld up a nice little box to mount it on by BuiltRight panels.

Ed

Worley

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 6.7 Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide
I was thinking about adding a power panel in the bed, for camping, running 12v accessories and the like, powered off of the constant on upfitter switch #6. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this? I could weld up a nice little box to mount it on by BuiltRight panels.

Wouldn’t it be easier to wire it straight to the battery since it has it’s own on/off switch? That way it can be used without having the truck in accessory mode.

OP
Rock Taxi

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I could jump it off the rear winch, but was thinking of ditching the power switch and adding another 12v power point. Was thinking of using it for roof top tent lights, a water transfer pump to the camp shower, and phone chargers in the tent. Either way could work.

Ed

Rich Pune

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
I could jump it off the rear winch, but was thinking of ditching the power switch and adding another 12v power point. Was thinking of using it for roof top tent lights, a water transfer pump to the camp shower, and phone chargers in the tent. Either way could work.

Ed
I

Ed
I don’t have any experience doing this, but really like your idea.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge