Lobber of midgets
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 KR Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT500
Unfortunately only for the sterling rear, but I bet it wont be long for the Dana M275.
Screenshot_20200421-183529_Chrome.jpg

Link: https://www.bankspower.com/c-117-pr...|model=F-250 SUPER DUTY||submodel=6.7L DIESEL

Video series on these covers is pretty informative. Although functional for it's intended purpose I worry about snapping off those cooling fins on rocks and such while off road

Video series on these covers is pretty informative. Although functional for it's intended purpose I worry about snapping off those cooling fins on rocks and such while off road
I do too, although Mr.Banks did say he'd give us a new one if we did.

I'd rather see a good protective cover like my buddy just got
for his Rubicon.

I'd rather see a good protective cover like my buddy just got
for his Rubicon.
What cover did he get? Brand wise.

No idea but it fits like a glove and is stout. It might cost him an inch of clearance but he gained peace of mind.

Just make sure you’re selective if you change out the diff cover. Some of those armored ones are flat backed and it messes up the whole splash lubrication thing.

Only thing I would be worried about is warranty. Its stats less lubricant need would Ford use that to not cover if something went wrong with diff?

Only thing I would be worried about is warranty. Its stats less lubricant need would Ford use that to not cover if something went wrong with diff?
I believe that was compared to other aftermarket diff covers. Here's what it says on Banks site.

oil.jpg

How could the cover enable TWICE as much oil?
It must stick out half a foot backwards!

Ah ok thanks. I know banks make good product have buddies that have used some of their stuff for years.

How could the cover enable TWICE as much oil?
It must stick out half a foot backwards!

That’s exactly what I was talking about. The banks and stock covers are curved to aid ib splash lubrication. The flat back covers don’t do that.

So what's the supposed advantage of the Banks, other than looks?

Exactly Mojave. I would be more interested in a protective guard but the downside is it will raise temps I think. Not to bad where I live but could be an issue for you down south drivers.

So what's the supposed advantage of the Banks, other than looks?

I think banks is just advertising increased thermal capacity via the fins. Increased cooling for towing heavy loads up steep grades or anything else that would drive temperature up.

Purple cranium products makes nice diff covers that look OEM and have a drain plug.

Back