Banks Ram Air CAI

moxford

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
First Responder
SAR
Different CAIs work or don't work based on the needs of the engine. It's not about what we want, it's about what the engine wants.

1. Is the 6.7HO engine restricted on the intake, the exhaust, or pretty balanced? eg, has anyone felt SOTP differences?
2. I've run CAIs and they're noisier. Part of the tradeoff. On long drives, the drone can really (really) get old. Anyone done this one and able to give thoughts on long road-trips (either background rumble or turbo-whine)

TIA!

-mox

1) There's no such thing as a CAI for the 6.7L motor. You need to review the air path, then the reality will be realized.
2) Noise is a trade off, yep, either you like it or not. I'm running a Pusher Piping kit. 1000% recommended for anyone wanting to have better performance out of their motor. As you said....it's about what the engine wants.

The Banks Ram Air for the '23+ 6.7L still isn't out yet but I do plan to pick one up when it drops. I am running their filter back exhaust, if it made a difference I'd say it was maybe a 5% improvement but it sure does look better. They are slow to production on a lot of things but I'd rather wait and have a better product, which is usually what they offer. Now if they'd only get the Stealth Pod gauge mounts for the '23+ trucks out like they said would be available months ago lol.

The Banks Ram Air for the '23+ 6.7L still isn't out yet but I do plan to pick one up when it drops. I am running their filter back exhaust, if it made a difference I'd say it was maybe a 5% improvement but it sure does look better. They are slow to production on a lot of things but I'd rather wait and have a better product, which is usually what they offer. Now if they'd only get the Stealth Pod gauge mounts for the '23+ trucks out like they said would be available months ago lol.
FYI, I waited for the dual stealth pod mount nearly a year for my 2021. Once I got it, it was well worth the wait.

I have the banks CAI, seat of the pants, I did not feel any difference. It is louder in the cab. I would say you can hear the sucking of air as opposed to the quiet stock intake. Other than that, it looks a lot better.

I’ve been waiting on the darringer for over a year. I don’t think it’s ever going to drop.

I installed the Banks CIA a month or so ago. No noticeable power gain, but you do have more noise if that's what you're looking for. I did have a slight increase in MPG with it. All in all, I like mine...

I too have not so patiently been waiting for the derringer, but I'm so close to 100K miles now I'll probably just go for a full tune.

Just remember marketing is everything with Banks.

Real world :
I run an S&B Open Element kit w/pre-filter sock on a Pusher Piping full intake kit. Worlds difference over stock. Active regens seem to burn more efficiently. By that I mean watching the MPG AVG dash info I loose less than 1MPG at the end of the 20 minute active regen period. Once the activee regen is over the MPGs may go back up with the drviing style. Sometimes they tend to stay at the lower reading (post-regen numbers). Overall my MPG numbers have been holding pretty steady overall, much better driving feel with the pedal input, more motor noise (to each his own).

There's VERY little impact on intake temps with the open element filter while driving. At a stop...yes, the temps do rise which is short lived once you are driving forward. No one here is going to be able to tell the difference without seeing the temps on a gage/dash display. If you think there's some HUGE problem with the open element filter setups I suggest you take a minute to REALLY think about the motor.

Latest Discussions

Back