Banks PedalMonster

Incidentally it happened twice yesterday. One on the way in and the other on the way home.
I would reach out to banks just to see what then say. I have never lost the setting since installing mine, been several months now.

I would reach out to banks just to see what then say. I have never lost the setting since installing mine, been several months now.
And right on cue today, it remembered my setting on the way to work but reset on the way home. I dont mind the 10 or so seconds to scroll down to change the settings. Im just worried if things arent working the way it should 3 weeks in, what other issues are on their way? *sigh

I'm thinking about jumping on the group buy, but I have a question...

I've got a 7.3l 2021 Tremor and I love it... But, maybe I do need a little more aggressive pedal.

My question is, does the gas mileage get worse when using the Banks Pedal Monster? Maybe I do want a little more pedal response, but I definitely don't want to lose any more fuel mileage...
I have 3 of these units on different vehicles. Mileage is going to be affected, how much depends on how much you are enjoying the added throttle input. I have yet to put it on my 6.7, but the others both being 3.5L ecoboosts lost almost 2 mpg on average. I will put it on the 6.7 once i get a bit more mileage on it. But if I really cared that much of mpg i would not put it on.

I have 3 of these units on different vehicles. Mileage is going to be affected, how much depends on how much you are enjoying the added throttle input. I have yet to put it on my 6.7, but the others both being 3.5L ecoboosts lost almost 2 mpg on average. I will put it on the 6.7 once i get a bit more mileage on it. But if I really cared that much of mpg i would not put it on.
Thank you!

And right on cue today, it remembered my setting on the way to work but reset on the way home. I dont mind the 10 or so seconds to scroll down to change the settings. Im just worried if things arent working the way it should 3 weeks in, what other issues are on their way? *sigh
I too have connection issues from time to time. I'd say once every 2-3 weeks or so. I'm going to contact Banks about it, see what they have to say.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with it changing back to stock. its very random, I've had it retain settings for over a month and then I've had it reset twice in the same day. Seems to be possibly a larger problem by the number of people reporting the same issue.

I thought I had resolved the problem by running the calibration again, but that only lasted a week and it reset again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with it changing back to stock. its very random, I've had it retain settings for over a month and then I've had it reset twice in the same day. Seems to be possibly a larger problem by the number of people reporting the same issue.

I thought I had resolved the problem by running the calibration again, but that only lasted a week and it reset again.
Yup, I would describe my symptoms exactly the same as yours. Sporadic with no real pattern to diagnose the issue.

Just a heads up, I've been emailing banks support this morning regarding the reset issue. Apparently they must know something because I was told their software development team is looking into this issue.

since it uses the OBD port to power i wonder if the port shuts down power and wipes the cache on the pedalmonster....

Hopefully they get it fixed because there a bunch of people on another thread here for group buy.

Hopefully they get it fixed because there a bunch of people on another thread here for group buy.
I am one of those who is considering the group buy, but the reset issues are making me think twice...

Please let us know if there is any news before we spend our money!

I am one of those who is considering the group buy, but the reset issues are making me think twice...

Please let us know if there is any news before we spend our money!
That's my concern also, I have a 2022 on order and probably won't see it till August so hopefully they get it fixed by then or before they ship out a whole bunch of them to us here.

I've had mine installed a couple weeks now. I went with the iDash setup which is very convenient. I suction-cupped it to the lower dash so I can monitor/make changes easy. What's unfortunate is that twice now when I get into the truck to head to work, the damn thing resorts back to "stock" setting. It's not every time, but I wouldn't have thought that it would do twice in the last +/- 14 days!! It only takes a few seconds to set it back to previous selection, but still unfortunate! *sigh, technology!!!!!!!!!!!
Zeke, Jay from BANKS here. We’ve identified the issue and have a firmware fix that we’ll be issuing soon via the mobile app. (FYI: We update the PedalMonster via Bluetooth) What’s happening is this. The owner turns the key off and the ECM continues talking to the 5v pedal circuit for a short time before the truck goes to sleep. This twilight period lasts different lengths of time in various cars and trucks. During this time, the PedalMonster is still trying to speak to the ECM for gear, speed, etc. The problem arises when the 5v pedal reference circuit is still active but the OBD communication goes to sleep. The PedalMonster then says, “Wait, what vehicle am I in? I can see the Pedal but I can’t see the vehicle,” and then resets itself. It resets itself because of a safety feature we built into it. If you were to remove the PedalMonster from your SuperDuty and put in your Ford Edge, it would still work but the pedal calibration would be way off. So, we told the PedalMonster to forget the calibration when there’s no vehicle information. So, our safety feature is actually causing the hiccup. The new firmware will solve this by requesting the vehicle info only during initial setup, or when it detects an entirely new VIN/vehicle ECM.

Sorry for the long-winded response. Just wanted to let you know we'll be pushing an update soon via your mobile app. It'll notify you when it's ready to be installed.

To the people running the Banks PedalMonster stand alone, any updates with it staying connected, how's it's working? Once you have it set to your liking does your phone need to be in the rig for it to work? Will it work if somebody else uses the rig and your phone is not in the rig? Once it's setup to your liking can it be tucked away under the dash and forgot about? Thanks
Jay from BANKS here. We’ve identified the issue and have a firmware fix that we’ll be issuing soon via the mobile app. (FYI: We update the PedalMonster via Bluetooth) What’s happening is this. The owner turns the key off and the ECM continues talking to the 5v pedal circuit for a short time before the truck goes to sleep. This twilight period last different lengths of time in various cars and trucks. During this time, the PedalMonster is still trying to speak to the ECM for gear, speed, etc. The problem arises when the 5v pedal reference circuit is still active but the OBD communication goes to sleep. The PedalMonster then says, “Wait, what vehicle am I in? I can see the Pedal but I can’t see the vehicle,” and then resets itself. It resets itself because of a safety feature we built into it. If you were to remove the PedalMonster from your SuperDuty and put in your Ford Edge, it would still work but the pedal calibration would be way off. So, we told the PedalMonster to forget the calibration when there’s no vehicle information. So, our safety feature is actually causing the hiccup. The new firmware will solve this by requesting the vehicle info only during initial setup, or when it detects an entirely new VIN/vehicle ECM.

We'll be pushing the new firmware update out via the mobile app within the next two weeks.

Regarding your other question, once you set the PedalMonster, you do not need to use your phone. It'll stay in the last setting you left it.

Jay from BANKS here. We’ve identified the issue and have a firmware fix that we’ll be issuing soon via the mobile app. (FYI: We update the PedalMonster via Bluetooth) What’s happening is this. The owner turns the key off and the ECM continues talking to the 5v pedal circuit for a short time before the truck goes to sleep. This twilight period last different lengths of time in various cars and trucks. During this time, the PedalMonster is still trying to speak to the ECM for gear, speed, etc. The problem arises when the 5v pedal reference circuit is still active but the OBD communication goes to sleep. The PedalMonster then says, “Wait, what vehicle am I in? I can see the Pedal but I can’t see the vehicle,” and then resets itself. It resets itself because of a safety feature we built into it. If you were to remove the PedalMonster from your SuperDuty and put in your Ford Edge, it would still work but the pedal calibration would be way off. So, we told the PedalMonster to forget the calibration when there’s no vehicle information. So, our safety feature is actually causing the hiccup. The new firmware will solve this by requesting the vehicle info only during initial setup, or when it detects an entirely new VIN/vehicle ECM.

We'll be pushing the new firmware update out via the mobile app within the next two weeks.

Regarding your other question, once you set the PedalMonster, you do not need to use your phone. It'll stay in the last setting you left it.
Hey Jay, for new purchases, will they need that update right out the gate or are you guys re programming everything that you sell from here on out?

Hey Jay, for new purchases, will they need that update right out the gate or are you guys re programming everything that you sell from here on out?
It depends on the date on which they're shipped from our warehouse. We try to load the latest firmware before they're packaged. However, sometimes we issue new firmware after we've packaged a batch. When you open the app, it'll prompt you to update the module. It takes about 90 seconds and does it wirelessly via Bluetooth.

Back