Banks PedalMonster

jimmyb

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
USMC (Ret)
Current Ride
2012 F-150 XLT
For those of you that installed the PedalMonster, is the standalone the way to go?

Did anyone add one of the iDash gauges? And if so, where did you install the gauge?

I am trying to decide if getting the iDash 1.8 DataMonster is worth it?

I have the stand-alone version. Easy enough to program with phone, but once moving you can’t make adjustments. I’m not sure if you can with the iDash ether. It would be nice to have stock around town and while merging on the highway tweak it for extra throttle response. I do love it though.

For those of you that installed the PedalMonster, is the standalone the way to go?

Did anyone add one of the iDash gauges? And if so, where did you install the gauge?

I am trying to decide if getting the iDash 1.8 DataMonster is worth it?
I got the stand alone unit. I have another device that shows all kinds of data. I’ve haven’t looked at since the first day I got it so the iDash didn’t seem useful to me.

I have the standalone. Didn't see the need for the iDash and once I got my settings down with how I wanted it I rarely look at app. I love it though. Completely changes how the truck drives.

I have the standalone. Works awesome and I still love it. Really changes the truck.

I got the standalone version so it can be easily removed for dealer visits. The idash would have been a red flag for any warranty issues.

I origianlly bought the stand alone but didnt really like using my phone and sometimes it would go back to stock mode and I would have to get the phone out and reset it where I wanted it. I got the idash and it was pretty cool. I also got the little mount thing that has the suction cup that allows you to stick it somewhere. I neatly rolled the wires and placed the mount with idash right below the trailer brake controlls. Looked pretty cool and was easy to remove before I went to the dealer for service. I dont have the trailer assist knob and where I put it was very smooth plastic so that may not work for some. Yoy can also view codes and a bunch of other stuff. Plus everytime you turn your truck on you can see where the pedal monster is set. Easy to adjust with just the click of a button.

Stand alone is all you need unless you have extra cash to throw!

I origianlly bought the stand alone but didnt really like using my phone and sometimes it would go back to stock mode and I would have to get the phone out and reset it where I wanted it. I got the idash and it was pretty cool. I also got the little mount thing that has the suction cup that allows you to stick it somewhere. I neatly rolled the wires and placed the mount with idash right below the trailer brake controlls. Looked pretty cool and was easy to remove before I went to the dealer for service. I dont have the trailer assist knob and where I put it was very smooth plastic so that may not work for some. Yoy can also view codes and a bunch of other stuff. Plus everytime you turn your truck on you can see where the pedal monster is set. Easy to adjust with just the click of a button.
TremStar, do you have a picture of it you can share? My setup will go back to stock at random times and I can't figure out why. The phone app gives me crap from time to time as well saying that it can't see the Pedal Monster.
I think I'll be buying the iDash but I'm not sure where to mount it. I like your idea and would love to see what it looks like, if you are willing to share.
Thanks.

TremStar, do you have a picture of it you can share? My setup will go back to stock at random times and I can't figure out why. The phone app gives me crap from time to time as well saying that it can't see the Pedal Monster.
I think I'll be buying the iDash but I'm not sure where to mount it. I like your idea and would love to see what it looks like, if you are willing to share.
Thanks.
Well, I just got the truck back from being serviced and I removed the pedal monster/idash setup while they had it. I did a quick reinstall but plan to make it a bit more neat and a bit more tucked under when I get a chance but I think you'll get the general concept. I did it like this so that it could be easily removed when needed and the wires are not so noticeable. I really didn't want it sticking on my window either. I have to tell you its an absolute night and day difference between stock and with the pedal monster. You are selling yourself short if you don't have one. Anyway, pics are attached:
20210304_141159.jpg
20210304_141252.jpg
20210304_141307.jpg

So I was having issues with my stand alone reverting back to stock and pedal monster support told me to run the calibration again within the App. After I did that, it hasn't reset since.

So this thing is the real deal, huh? Seems like a serious ROI considering the percieved performance improvement. Assuming calibration is a one time setup and setting selection will persist in between drives (unless of course i choose to change it)?

Is the pedal lag that bad? Dont have my beast yet so just curious

So this thing is the real deal, huh? Seems like a serious ROI considering the percieved performance improvement. Assuming calibration is a one time setup and setting selection will persist in between drives (unless of course i choose to change it)?

Is the pedal lag that bad? Dont have my beast yet so just curious
For what its worth, Ford’s DBW system was always a weak point for me. My first ford truck was a ‘93 F150 and havent looked back since. With the Banks, the pedal lag is gone- the acceleration is how it should be- almost the same as my camaros! ?

Attachments

• 3484D553-17FF-494A-91ED-1A4DAC854A77.jpeg
    3484D553-17FF-494A-91ED-1A4DAC854A77.jpeg
    487.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 54D03F73-8DB9-4952-B2E3-EF0E37F19C5B.jpeg
    54D03F73-8DB9-4952-B2E3-EF0E37F19C5B.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 10
To the people running the Banks PedalMonster stand alone, any updates with it staying connected, how's it's working? Once you have it set to your liking does your phone need to be in the rig for it to work? Will it work if somebody else uses the rig and your phone is not in the rig? Once it's setup to your liking can it be tucked away under the dash and forgot about? Thanks

also what is the setting you guys are all running. Have had mine sitting on my desk for the last 3 weeks....waiting to install it.

To the people running the Banks PedalMonster stand alone, any updates with it staying connected, how's it's working? Once you have it set to your liking does your phone need to be in the rig for it to work? Will it work if somebody else uses the rig and your phone is not in the rig? Once it's setup to your liking can it be tucked away under the dash and forgot about? Thanks
I've been running the Pedal Monster since last fall. It makes a noticeable difference with throttle responsiveness and shifting. The difference is more noticeable at slower speeds or starting from a stop. At highway speeds, I've felt the difference, just not to the same extent as at lower speeds.

It is set-it and forget about it for the most part. No connection issues. The only function the phone provides is adjusting the settings. Once it is set-up, you don't need to connect the device to your phone each time you start your truck. You don't even need your phone in the truck for it to work.

I started in Sport Mode, 7 of 10. Since then, I have slowly backed off. I'm now on Sport Mode, 2 of 10. But I'm going to drop to City Mode on my next drive. In Sport Mode, I've found starting from a stop to be too jolting.

Tucking away the cables is no problem.

After having it for months, I think it is worth it, but just barely, at full price. The group buy price is more in alignment with how I value it.

I've had mine installed a couple weeks now. I went with the iDash setup which is very convenient. I suction-cupped it to the lower dash so I can monitor/make changes easy. What's unfortunate is that twice now when I get into the truck to head to work, the damn thing resorts back to "stock" setting. It's not every time, but I wouldn't have thought that it would do twice in the last +/- 14 days!! It only takes a few seconds to set it back to previous selection, but still unfortunate! *sigh, technology!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had mine installed a couple weeks now. I went with the iDash setup which is very convenient. I suction-cupped it to the lower dash so I can monitor/make changes easy. What's unfortunate is that twice now when I get into the truck to head to work, the damn thing resorts back to "stock" setting. It's not every time, but I wouldn't have thought that it would do twice in the last +/- 14 days!! It only takes a few seconds to set it back to previous selection, but still unfortunate! *sigh, technology!!!!!!!!!!!zI
I would contact Banks, mine does not do this. Never had a problem.

I'm thinking about jumping on the group buy, but I have a question...

I've got a 7.3l 2021 Tremor and I love it... But, maybe I do need a little more aggressive pedal.

My question is, does the gas mileage get worse when using the Banks Pedal Monster? Maybe I do want a little more pedal response, but I definitely don't want to lose any more fuel mileage...

Back