Banks Monster 4” Exhaust arrived today

How do you guys clean the black tip?

I accumulated some winter road grime, and it now baked onto the tip due to a regen cycle.

How do you scrub it off without ruining the finish?
Try a degreaser with a soft bristle brush. You can start off with a biodegradable product (simple green) first before trying harsher products.

Thanks Dan,
You need to post up a pic when you get your Fuel Beasts swapped out for the summer months. 👍🏻👍🏻

this was last year, with recent Rotator cuff surgery it may be a while before I make the swap. Plus the weather says SNOW next few days so the nice clean roads will be once again covered in salt. So it's too early. Remind me why I live in the north.
IMG_0599.jpeg

this was last year, with recent Rotator cuff surgery it may be a while before I make the swap. Plus the weather says SNOW next few days so the nice clean roads will be once again covered in salt. So it's too early. Remind me why I live in the north.
View attachment 115971
Dam those Fuels and Nitto meats look sexy! But I am a little partial. 👍🏻👍🏻

That looks awesome. I installed the AFE on my Tremor last week. Having some clearance issues at the spare tire. Did anybody else have any clearance issues? I'm still working on it. Going to go back and loosen everything. Give it all a twist or 2 and see if I can make it better. It also would be better if I had some help. The only person I had for help would have been my wife. There are few things you don't want to ask your wife to do. Laying under a super duty is one of those things.
Zero fitment issues with the Banks system with plenty of room between the spare, suspension, and underside of the bed. Hopefully you will get the adjustment right on your AFE.

Another question before I start this install this weekend. Is it possible to use an adjustable wrench instead of the 24mm open end wrench to remove and install the sensor?

Another question before I start this install this weekend. Is it possible to use an adjustable wrench instead of the 24mm open end wrench to remove and install the sensor?
I would highly recommend you use a 24mm wrench. You‘ll want to take EXTRA care that you don’t round off the nox sensor if you decide to use an adjustable wrench. If you round off the nox sensor it will be a real PIA to remove. An extra set of hands from a buddy will be a great help.
We had to use a little heat from a portable torch and then spray penetrant to eventually loosen the nox sensor. It was on super tight: the super hot regens and then the pipe cooling contributes to this.
Others may chime in who have done the install.
Just take your time and follow and check your pipe fitment/clearance, torque specs on the 3 clamps per Banks install video tutorial instructions.
Good luck with your install. 👍🏻

Use the QR code for a decent video install tutorial.

Last edited:
I would highly recommend you use a 24mm wrench. You‘ll want to take EXTRA care that you don’t round off the nox sensor if you decide to use an adjustable wrench. If you round off the nox sensor it will be a real PIA to remove. An extra set of hands from a buddy will be a great help.
We had to use a little heat from a portable torch and then spray penetrant to eventually loosen the nox sensor. It was on super tight: the super hot regens and then the pipe cooling contributes to this.
Others may chime in who have done the install.
Just take your time and follow and check your pipe fitment/clearance, torque specs on the 3 clamps per Banks install video tutorial instructions.
Good luck with your install. 👍🏻

Use the QR code for a decent video install tutorial.
Gotcha. Well I guess I’ll be finding a 24mm then. I was hoping that since I only have 540 miles on the truck, it would be easy to remove.

Gotcha. Well I guess I’ll be finding a 24mm then. I was hoping that since I only have 540 miles on the truck, it would be easy to remove.
With low miles, it may not be a problem. Good luck and maybe post up a pic when you finish! 👍🏻

With low miles, it may not be a problem. Good luck and maybe post up a pic when you finish! 👍🏻
Hopefully you're right. We will see soon enough. Thanks for all the advice and video. Definitely will!

Hopefully you're right. We will see soon enough. Thanks for all the advice and video. Definitely will!
Just passing it forward, glad to offer any help to get you through the mod…you will be fine and it will look great! 👍🏻

Zero fitment issues with the Banks system with plenty of room between the spare, suspension, and underside of the bed. Hopefully you will get the adjustment right on your AFE.
Same no issues and I have the 5" I had AFE high tuck on my Jeep Rubicon. It was a poor made system the did not fit very well, many clearance issues. AFE proved hardware store type clamps and bolts ( aka junk ). Borla came up with a 304 SS high tuck so I replaced the AFE system. It has much better sound and there are no clearance issues. It came with very high quality hardware and clamps. I was able to sell off the AFE on market place. Banks, Borla, Corsa and Flowmaster systems have been good to me on other trucks and cars. You really get what you pay for, Not just good material but design and testing behind it. Quality custom made hardware and fasteners too.

Just passing it forward, glad to offer any help to get you through the mod…you will be fine and it will look great! 👍🏻
The 24mm was sourced and PB Blaster was applied yesterday. I just got everything pulled off. Just one question, did you reuse your factory steel gasket or use the one provided? If you use the provided one, I assume you removed the steel one, correct?

The 24mm was sourced and PB Blaster was applied yesterday. I just got everything pulled off. Just one question, did you reuse your factory steel gasket or use the one provided? If you use the provided one, I assume you removed the steel one, correct?
Yes. Remove the factory gasket and use the Banks gasket.

Also, this is hands down the best penetrating oil I've ever used. https://amzn.to/3LPvdEF

After that, the only thing better is an induction coil.

It’s basically a glorified tip, cosmetic only. But it does look a lot better than stock just wish it wasn’t $600 to get a descent looking tip lol I’d have one I just can’t justify the cost for what it is

How do you guys clean the black tip?

I accumulated some winter road grime, and it now baked onto the tip due to a regen cycle.

How do you scrub it off without ruining the finish?
Another possible idea is use a basic spray on oven cleaner and let it do it’s thing hose it off. I have read where it works on cleaning black cerakoted motorcycle header pipes.
Naturally, I would not scrub the cerakoted finish with the oven cleaner on it at the risk of scratching it.

Last edited:
Yes, I used the Banks gasket and removed the steel one. I also kept all OEM parts should I ever decide to go back to stock.

Let us know how your install goes! Post up a pic! 👍🏻

Yes, I used the Banks gasket and removed the steel one. I also kept all OEM parts should I ever decide to go back to stock.

Let us know how your install goes! Post up a pic! 👍🏻
Got it installed…just concerned about how close the shield sits to the spare tire. If I wiggle the pipes at all, I can hear it rubbing the spare tire. For now, I’m going to run without a spare, we will see what happens.

Attachments

• 45F67DA0-9B43-4FF6-A3BB-520C2BEA1F4A.jpeg
    45F67DA0-9B43-4FF6-A3BB-520C2BEA1F4A.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
She’s dirty and covered in pollen, but the exhaust and tint are done.

1DBDC03C-321B-4BE5-BA05-27288CC65C40.jpeg

FA52DA60-7BD0-4AC2-B102-10F9EE9FF2B1.jpeg

B17EFDCB-3EF8-49FF-9110-BB290E67ADAF.jpeg

Nice job, much better looking than the stock twins for sure!
Thanks man! Definitely like it so much better! Just need to teak a little so it’s not so close to the spare tire. Really appreciate all the help.

Back