F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
My Banks 4” Monster exhaust arrived this afternoon. Banks takes it to the next level with their packing. Everything arrived in great shape. I am planning to have it installed this Saturday morning. The black cerakoted tip I think will look much better than the stocker as I have the BAP on my truck. Don’t mind old school Gumby and Pokey they have been hanging around my shop for years. They add a little scale to the tip size. I will post up install pics Saturday. I don’t foresee any huge performance increases, but it will look a whole lot nicer than the stocker. Yeah I know It’s a lotta $$$ for eye candy. At the end of the day it makes me smile.
Cheers!
Patriot
7E8015AF-B0EF-4166-A1D1-963087B40DD5.jpeg
04A5593F-50E9-4C29-B249-FDC92AC98A6D.jpeg

A7D782B9-3A04-4D31-BBEF-B995C20141DF.jpeg

F64F70EC-27F6-4788-8B95-DFD13CA1F036.jpeg

32D5B0F0-20F6-4285-8509-8C0615ABC000.jpeg

9A149F3E-46D0-482D-AAC7-50BE1E92B427.jpeg

0CB0E1A5-00DF-4C9D-AE54-7F5CCD13BFD2.jpeg

Last edited:
All it takes is pressure and time. :LOL:

I suspect I’ll be doing this, too! I have the time. Now the pressure is on! 🍻

This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I’ll be interested to see how things turn out for you.

All it takes is pressure and time. :LOL:

I suspect I’ll be doing this, too! I have the time. Now the pressure is on! 🍻

This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I’ll be interested to see how things turn out for you.
With that gorgeous black out package it’s an absolute must…not to amp up any pressure or anything. 😂.

It's good stuff you will be thrilled.

Mine was a Christmas present from my wife. It has been on my Tremor for over one year. Happy to report no issues, no idiot lights, no rattles, no clearance problems.
IMG_0590.jpeg

Mine was a Christmas present from my wife. It has been on my Tremor for over one year. Happy to report no issues, no idiot lights, no rattles, no clearance problems.
View attachment 115374
And it looks amazing Dan and thanks for the review!

So this is just eliminating the resonator, but keeping muffler, correct?

I run the 5" version on my 2019 6.7L.

What you're gaining from the system is mostly cosmetic. However, unlike the factory exhaust after the DPF that is 3.5" and compression bent to about 2.5" at the rear curve, this system is a full 4" or 5" mandrel bent throughout and it does eliminate a small resonator on the end of the factory exhaust pipe.

I will say that when driving on a quiet night with your windows down and your DPF has freshly re-genned you have an ever so slight difference in sound. It's not much, but I did notice it moving my truck one night on a very quiet evening shortly after installing; and after a long drive when I was able to complete a regen right before parking the truck and my filter was at 0%.

I've got kits in stock with free shipping if anyone is looking to add one to their truck or if they would like a quote.

I run the 5" version on my 2019 6.7L.

What you're gaining from the system is mostly cosmetic. However, unlike the factory exhaust after the DPF that is 3.5" and compression bent to about 2.5" at the rear curve, this system is a full 4" or 5" mandrel bent throughout and it does eliminate a small resonator on the end of the factory exhaust pipe.

I will say that when driving on a quiet night with your windows down and your DPF has freshly re-genned you have an ever so slight difference in sound. It's not much, but I did notice it moving my truck one night on a very quiet evening shortly after installing; and after a long drive when I was able to complete a regen right before parking the truck and my filter was at 0%.

I've got kits in stock with free shipping if anyone is looking to add one to their truck or if they would like a quote.
All great points Nick!
I was considering the 5” but ended up with the 4” as it is made from 409 S/S which was just a little more expensive. The 5” tubing is made from aluminized steel and is a little more prone to rust than the 409 SS.
I was hoping the 4” was made of 304 S/S, unfortunately no. A tech I spoke with at Banks said a full 304 S/S would cost a whole lot more. He also said that full 304 S/S tubing is actually more brittle and they have a hard time getting the bend in the tubing without cracking it. It could be just a cost to make vs how many they can sell at a much higher price if made from 304 IDK?

That said both the 4” and 5” are aesthetically so much better looking than the OEM exhaust. Especially if you have the BAP. 👍🏻

Here ya go -

Thank you. But at the end of the day, does it really breathe better? With the 7.3 you’d have a 3 inch going into a 4 inch. Unless you went all the way to the headers with the 4”. It is still choked down a little bit till it gets to the 4”.

Thank you. But at the end of the day, does it really breathe better? With the 7.3 you’d have a 3 inch going into a 4 inch. Unless you went all the way to the headers with the 4”. It is still choked down a little bit till it gets to the 4”.

Can’t speak for the 7.3 brother, I am rolling the 6.7. You might want to call Banks? They were super helpful answering all my questions. 👍🏻

All great points Nick!
I was considering the 5” but ended up with the 4” as it is made from 409 S/S which was just a little more expensive. The 5” tubing is made from aluminized steel and is a little more prone to rust than the 409 SS.
I was hoping the 4” was made of 304 S/S, unfortunately no. A tech I spoke with at Banks said a full 304 S/S would cost a whole lot more. He also said that full 304 S/S tubing is actually more brittle and they have a hard time getting the bend in the tubing without cracking it. It could be just a cost to make vs how many they can sell at a much higher price if made from 304 IDK?

That said both the 4” and 5” are aesthetically so much better looking than the OEM exhaust. Especially if you have the BAP. 👍🏻

I hear you there. Down in Houston, I don't have to worry about salt, bring, etc., so for me the bigger looks of the pipe and tip is what I wanted and I didn't mind the trade-off for non SS version.

T409 is about as good as you're going to get for a diesel exhaust at 4 or 5 inches. It just becomes cost prohibitive at that point. There are some boutique manufacturers out there making T304 diesel exhausts, but they are expensive.

That said, if someone is wanting a 5" filter back option in T409, MBRP does offer one and it's cheaper than the Banks option. You can see it here: https://apollo-optics.com/5-filter-back-single-t409-s62930409/

Does it breathe better? Yes. you've got proven flow rate improvements after the filter which Banks shows on their site.

That being said, those gains are after the filter. Are you or I actually going to notice or feel them? No. Is the engine going to exhale better? No.

At the end of the day, you've got a 6 foot long filter and cat blocking the flow of your exhaust. You can put a 4" downpipe in front of the filter and a 5" exhaust after the filter, but the DPF, DOC, and SCR is still your choke-point on exhaust flow.

Any gain from a DPF-back exhaust, on any truck built after 2008, is going to be 99.9% cosmetic and 0.1% sound improvement. That said, I much prefer the looks of aftermarket tips vs stock.

Back