Bak revolver X4s

TxTremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
I am on my second Revolver X4s and still have a very noticeable hump about 13” from the cab. The first 5” or so from the cab do not engage with the locking mech. My first cover did this as well plus had a broken end cap so Bak sent me a new one, but this has the same ridge. Anyone else have this? Does you cover lay flat front to back? Not all that impressed right now with the cover and kinda wishing I went with the Peragon. Thank for the help

Attachments

• 5C5DE31D-136D-4F29-B390-C79ADED1B1EB.jpeg
    5C5DE31D-136D-4F29-B390-C79ADED1B1EB.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 11FABB88-EFEC-4F5F-8578-E1CBC362D7DE.jpeg
    11FABB88-EFEC-4F5F-8578-E1CBC362D7DE.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 101
Don't have a Revolver X4s, but I've had a similar problem with my BakFlip folding cover before. In my case it was an alignment issue where the cover wasn't perfectly aligned with the rails.

Check to see if the cover needs to be moved sideways just a hair to get it to drop down cleanly. Also double-check the clamps holding the rails on are tight. If they aren't the cover's rails could be sticking out from the bed rails making the channel too narrow for the cover.

Don't have a Revolver X4s, but I've had a similar problem with my BakFlip folding cover before. In my case it was an alignment issue where the cover wasn't perfectly aligned with the rails.

Check to see if the cover needs to be moved sideways just a hair to get it to drop down cleanly. Also double-check the clamps holding the rails on are tight. If they aren't the cover's rails could be sticking out from the bed rails making the channel too narrow for the cover.
Checked alignment and made sure everything was torqued to Bak recommendation, all looks good. The support in that area doesn’t look right and the rails on the cover have a rubber connector running through the center. In that spot the rubber is pushed out, definitely doesn’t seem like it should be part of the design. I’m going to contact Bak again and see, I’ll probably take it by a local installer and see what they say. Thanks though for the response.

Checked alignment and made sure everything was torqued to Bak recommendation, all looks good. The support in that area doesn’t look right and the rails on the cover have a rubber connector running through the center. In that spot the rubber is pushed out, definitely doesn’t seem like it should be part of the design. I’m going to contact Bak again and see, I’ll probably take it by a local installer and see what they say. Thanks though for the response.
Ah dang. That sounds like a good plan. Good luck! And keep us posted!

I had one on my f150 and loved it. Has it professionally installed and it laid perfect. That one is definitely misaligned.

All the rails and tracks look to line up nicely but I am not expert in bed covers so maybe it is an alignment issue. I’ll have to check with a local installer when I get back and see what they say. Bak never said anything to me when I sent pictures that it could be an alignment issue. You can see the support in that area is not attached like the other, it’s opened up.

Attachments

• 6D9BC148-1618-45C7-AE5A-39CECEFA601A.jpeg
    6D9BC148-1618-45C7-AE5A-39CECEFA601A.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 131
Just wanted to provide a update after getting back from my trip. The cover has now delaminated towards the tailgate of the truck as well as the tailgate seal has begun to peel off at both ends. I contacted RealTruck for a refund but they pushed me off to Bak as it is now over 30 days, now waiting to here from Bak. Really disappointed in the cover, and hoping to get a refund and not deal with another warranty.

Attachments

• 9706A667-7252-40BF-B2EA-709BC4E6FF35.jpeg
    9706A667-7252-40BF-B2EA-709BC4E6FF35.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 175
  • F51E7878-82EC-437A-B4F2-E74BEE5329B4.jpeg
    F51E7878-82EC-437A-B4F2-E74BEE5329B4.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 174
Just wanted to provide a update after getting back from my trip. The cover has now delaminated towards the tailgate of the truck as well as the tailgate seal has begun to peel off at both ends. I contacted RealTruck for a refund but they pushed me off to Bak as it is now over 30 days, now waiting to here from Bak. Really disappointed in the cover, and hoping to get a refund and not deal with another warranty.
That really sucks. I’m also hoping on your behalf that you get a refund to make things right.

Just ordered this cover for my f250 acouple weeks ago hopefully don’t have the same problems you’ve been running into or might have to return it...

Just ordered this cover for my f250 acouple weeks ago hopefully don’t have the same problems you’ve been running into or might have to return it...
Hopefully you have a better experience than I did. I know other members have them and like them, I have been unlucky with mine. Bak was pretty quick to send out the first replacement with really no questions asked so I give them credit on a quick warranty process.

I have a new one in my shed, just waiting for the truck to install it on. I have read that the previous version (X4) had some issues but this is the only issue I have heard of on the X4S. I too will be curious on what you hear from BAK.

I had spoken to a local reseller - installer before ordering and their feedback was 100% positive. I ordered form Amazon, I had hundreds of dollars in gift cards so mine was free.

Previous to BAK, I have always used LoPro but they don't offer anything nearly as solid or secure as the BAK roll up. I didn't want anything that folds.

I have a new one in my shed, just waiting for the truck to install it on. I have read that the previous version (X4) had some issues but this is the only issue I have heard of on the X4S. I too will be curious on what you hear from BAK.

I had spoken to a local reseller - installer before ordering and their feedback was 100% positive. I ordered form Amazon, I had hundreds of dollars in gift cards so mine was free.

Previous to BAK, I have always used LoPro but they don't offer anything nearly as solid or secure as the BAK roll up. I didn't want anything that folds.
I was a little hesitant to go with Bak due to previous reviews but the X4s seemed to address those issues so I thought I would give it a try. I knows others have been happy with the new X4s so there are good ones out there but I have not had a good experience with mine. There was another member on here that posted about a fold Bak cover and he was on his 3rd warranty cover. Anyways once I here from Bak I will post here the response.

Everyone knows there another cover extremely similar to this and of similar pricing in the market, right? The Truxedo Sentry. I have one - the CT version which is the canvas-ish material - and I'm really happy with it. A more traditional, simple design in some respects, so a lot less to go wrong. I saw a lot of folks having issues with the X4, so that's actually why I went with the Sentry.

A big plus on the Sentry is the ability to remove the "roll" without tools. A consideration for dirt bikes, slide-in campers, or anything that needs to sit against the front of the bed.

No such issues with mine so far. The rubber stripping is a bit wavy in 90+ Temps, but none of the seam and joint issues. But, I don't open mine often. I also sprayed dry Teflon lube on the joints and wipe with 303 vinyl cleaner each wash.

Everyone knows there another cover extremely similar to this and of similar pricing in the market, right? The Truxedo Sentry. I have one - the CT version which is the canvas-ish material - and I'm really happy with it. A more traditional, simple design in some respects, so a lot less to go wrong. I saw a lot of folks having issues with the X4, so that's actually why I went with the Sentry.

A big plus on the Sentry is the ability to remove the "roll" without tools. A consideration for dirt bikes, slide-in campers, or anything that needs to sit against the front of the bed.
You can remove the X4s without tools as well just like the sentry CT. And no drain tube on the rails.

You can remove the X4s without tools as well just like the sentry CT. And no drain tube on the rails.
That's a change then, because there most certainly was hardware that required tools when I was doing my pro/con list. It used to have two bolts/nuts per side of the front header to rail connection.

I am on my second Revolver X4s and still have a very noticeable hump about 13” from the cab. The first 5” or so from the cab do not engage with the locking mech. My first cover did this as well plus had a broken end cap so Bak sent me a new one, but this has the same ridge. Anyone else have this? Does you cover lay flat front to back? Not all that impressed right now with the cover and kinda wishing I went with the Peragon. Thank for the help
I don't have an x4 but do have a Bakflip issue .received my F1 folding cover few weeks ago noticed a some wet areas on new bedbug after a rain or two I figured not a big deal gonna get little water near tailgate and near cab but climbed in during a recent rain and it was soaked everywhere water was dripping out of all seams where it folds .definitely not an installation issue .I called Bakflip they want video of it. it rained again and sent clear video .now I'm calling them tomorrow to see what they will do. spent 1000 bucks thinking I was going a little high end and getting something nice. had no water with cheap vinyl folding cover on old truck. I hope they make this right

That's a change then, because there most certainly was hardware that required tools when I was doing my pro/con list. It used to have two bolts/nuts per side of the front header to rail connection.
I was looking at the new X4 with a buddy who’s in the market for a cover and the X4S now has thumb screws in place of the nuts. Still not as quick to remove as the Centry slide clips. I liked the improvements of the new X4S but disappointed that the OP is experiencing similar issues as the prior version that the new version was supposed to fix. Hopefully can get a amendable resolution.

Never had a good experience with BAK or any other product made by its parent company. For the price, they are not worth it and are guaranteed to fail a few years down the road.

Peragon, fold-a-cover, diamondback, retrax all seem to be quality products based on reviews and come at a higher price point. If I was in your shoes, I'd get a refund and switch brands to save headache down the road.

I'm pretty sure I know what your issue is. Mine did the exact same thing when I set it up. One of your joints in wrong. Look at how the metal goes in when rolled up at that point. I had to use a screw driver and pry it back and go from one side to the other and have it reversed. The half circle part.

Back