Baja Designs S2 Backup lights - Simple Mount

That's what I may need to do to fit the lights with the AMP Research bed step

C’mon, you know you want a flush mount in your bumper….😂. Once you get over FOCNB (fear of cutting new bumper) it’s pretty easy. And ironically, it’s much easier to convince yourself to do subsequent modifications that require drilling or cutting after you’ve already chopped into your bumper.

That's what I may need to do to fit the lights with the AMP Research bed step
Yep, see the lights I installed in post #31 of this thread. I installed the AMP bed step last weekend and had to remove the driver side light cause it was in the way.

I bought some Amazon 3” LED pods (looks like a knock-off of a BD light maybe?) and just installed them this evening. Tested them out when it got dark and they’re probably not gonna cut it for long. I like BRIGHT backup lights.

I’ve got Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights and would be tickled to death to have a set under the rear bumper, but not for $300. I may break down and do it at some point tho.

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing my Baja Designs S2s for backup lights. I really struggled with the low light of the factory backups - tasks like hooking up my boat or even backing into my driveway left me struggling to see clearly.

Instead of the usual Baja Designs bracket, I used 4" stainless steel hose clamps and attached them to the receiver hitch crossmember. I probably could have painted them or found coated hose clamps, but for my use - they are totally fine. The distance is just right, they are pretty protected, and they work great at night.

Hope this might help someone else.

Also, forgive the dirty Tremor - it's been a monster year of snow/dirt/crap weather and it's way overdue for a good handwash soon.

View attachment 46078
Ins
Has anyone tried this option using heavy duty 175-250 lb. zip ties? Is this bracket sufficient or should I look at buying a heavier duty option?

Yep, see the lights I installed in post #39 of this thread. I installed the AMP bed step last weekend and had to remove the driver side light cause it was in the way.

I bought some Amazon 3” LED pods (looks like a knock-off of a BD light maybe?) and just installed them this evening. Tested them out when it got dark and they’re probably not gonna cut it for long. I like BRIGHT backup lights.

I’ve got Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights and would be tickled to death to have a set under the rear bumper, but not for $300. I may break down and do it at some point tho.
Figured I’d update my post above. I’d bought the lights mentioned above and linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B311QC1G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

They sucked for backup lights. They put out good light, but the pattern light the ground too far away from the bumper. I like backup lights to light the ground as close to the bumper and to the sides off the tail lights as possible.

I replaced them with the 4” version of the original lights I had and they’re much better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D5S1SF5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Having said that, Diode Dynamics has 15% off Labor Day sale going on…….a set of SS3 Sport Fogs may find a home under the bumper if I can talk myself into it.

You know you want them, what’s a few hundred bucks after all you’ve already spent…..🤣

Back