Baja Designs Dual Fog light 2020-2022

Anyone has a picture of the kit on agate black , black appearance package?
This?

I installed these yesterday. Awesome improvement. That being said, instructions leave a lot to be desired. Lots of adapters, splitters etc and it’s not all that logical to follow because they are not labeled. I called BD, asking for some guidance and the support was incredible. If you plan to install these, plan on doing it during their business hours. BD, save yourselves some man hours in the customer support department and put some labels on the harnesses.

I installed these yesterday. Awesome improvement. That being said, instructions leave a lot to be desired. Lots of adapters, splitters etc and it’s not all that logical to follow because they are not labeled. I called BD, asking for some guidance and the support was incredible. If you plan to install these, plan on doing it during their business hours. BD, save yourselves some man hours in the customer support department and put some labels on the harnesses.
Yeah I posted the same issue. Heck I am an electrician and I thought the diagram was lacking. It is best to wire it together on the ground or garage floor first.

No worries.

Here's our exact kit for the 2020 trucks: https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/2020-ford-super-duty-dual-fog-pocket-kit

You may have seen our dual kit for the 17-19 trucks. That's not a kit offered by Baja Designs, we use brackets from KD for those kits on the older trucks.
Looks good to me... Just one question. My build will be using the pro series white on the outboard and the pro series white driving/combo on the inboard lights. Do you keep this combination in stock. It was not on the drop down menu. Thanks----I wanted to know so when my VIN is assigned going to start buying mod stuff.

Looks good to me... Just one question. My build will be using the pro series white on the outboard and the pro series white driving/combo on the inboard lights. Do you keep this combination in stock. It was not on the drop down menu. Thanks----I wanted to know so when my VIN is assigned going to start buying mod stuff.

We can accommodate custom orders and have for other customers.

One thing I'm curious though is that you mentioned in your other post that you wanted a cut-off line. Are you intending run these on the street? If so, I'd go for the SAE lights as one pair and the PRO Driving/Combo as the other pair.

That said, if you want to go custom, we can make it happen.

Cheers,

Nick

One thing I'm curious though is that you mentioned in your other post that you wanted a cut-off line. Are you intending run these on the street? If so, I'd go for the SAE lights as one pair and the PRO Driving/Combo as the other pair.

Cheers,

Nick
No mine are not for on the street. I was hoping to see if these would have to be built. Lead times with the lights on my TRX ran almost 8 weeks when I went direct.

Would running wide cornering pros for street use and running driving combo for less populated roads be too much of a dead give away? Probably both in amber.
I know my XL80s in driving combo on my Apillars would definitely get me popped.

i would like to see a version #2 of this light kit.

IMO it needs a recessed mounting solution, maybe CNC or 3d printed out of high strength plastic.

No mine are not for on the street. I was hoping to see if these would have to be built. Lead times with the lights on my TRX ran almost 8 weeks when I went direct.

We can make it happen. Lights are in stock and we just have to get the brackets shipped from BD, which takes about a day or so. And we can also do wiring harnesses for you too.

Would running wide cornering pros for street use and running driving combo for less populated roads be too much of a dead give away? Probably both in amber.
I know my XL80s in driving combo on my Apillars would definitely get me popped.

You can probably get away with it with the Squaron Sport and angled down. This is what we used to do before the SAE lights were out. That said, they’re not street legal so run that setup at your own risk.

i would like to see a version #2 of this light kit.

IMO it needs a recessed mounting solution, maybe CNC or 3d printed out of high strength plastic.

Then the lights can't be aimed in any meaningful fashion. Which is the point...

Need someone to check my wiring/function. I got my kit installed, and the lights I chose to come on with the OEM fog switch as the instructions call for were the amber lens.

This works as advertised. I hit the OEM foglight button and the ambers come on. The Pro white comes on with the upfitter swith.

But if the OEM fog light switch is off, and I throw the upfitter, the amber and white light comes on. Just making sure this is correct. In my brain it does because of the splitters, but they called them anti backfeed so just wondering if there is a diode in there or I have the pigtail backwards. The wiring diagram was fairly straight forward but just checking that all lights should come on with upfitter switch.

Need someone to check my wiring/function. I got my kit installed, and the lights I chose to come on with the OEM fog switch as the instructions call for were the amber lens.

This works as advertised. I hit the OEM foglight button and the ambers come on. The Pro white comes on with the upfitter swith.

But if the OEM fog light switch is off, and I throw the upfitter, the amber and white light comes on. Just making sure this is correct. In my brain it does because of the splitters, but they called them anti backfeed so just wondering if there is a diode in there or I have the pigtail backwards. The wiring diagram was fairly straight forward but just checking that all lights should come on with upfitter switch.
This is correct, both come on with the switch and the fogs get the secondary power form the fog light switch

This is correct, both come on with the switch and the fogs get the secondary power form the fog light switch
Oh. Thats nice!

@Nick@ApolloOptics I'm waiting until BF or after to see if BD gives you guys any more wiggle room. But I see ordering these in my future.
money-fire.gif

Cheers,

Nick
Is it possible to order the kit with two pairs of SAE (one white and one amber), and then wire all 4 into the factory fog circuit?

Oh. Thats nice!

@Nick@ApolloOptics I'm waiting until BF or after to see if BD gives you guys any more wiggle room. But I see ordering these in my future. View attachment 37730

We're hearing mixed reviews on whether or not BD will be doing their Black Friday rebates right now as they are getting super backlogged.

That said, if anything changes, we will DEFINITELY have them for this group!

Is it possible to order the kit with two pairs of SAE (one white and one amber), and then wire all 4 into the factory fog circuit?

We can facilitate a custom order if you'd like. But I do not recommend wiring them that way. For starters, it's no longer street legal. And secondly, that's some decent amperage for stock wiring. I'd run one pair of fogs with clear lenses and keep some amber light covers under your backseat and slap the covers on when you need the amber. Then have the second set of lights for your off-road/back-road use.

Back