Baja Designs Dual Fog light 2020-2022

I'm sorry, I missed the word "kit" when readying your post and thought you just wanted to see a pic of the blacked out truck. My mistake.

These are the closest pics I have. The first one looks to be color matched to gray, but you can get the idea. The second pic is carbonized grey which isn't quite as dark as black, but close.

If you're looking for an exact paint match, you won't have it. But you'll have very light contrast between the gloss black paint and the satin black finish on the powder coat.

View attachment 36056View attachment 36057
No issue, maybe i wasnt clear enough. Matter black should be close enough and if not, can always try to gloss black paint to match it. I think that particular part is metal, should be easy enough to prime and paint it.

If i am to get 1 light upgrade should i get the A-piller, dual BD fog lights, or light bar across the bumper? I have the OEM LED headlamps and Fogs.

Any thoughts? No way i can convince the wife i need more than 1 light upgrade atm. Will be doing a lot of back country driving with lots of snow possibilities.
Sounds like you need as many lights as you want and a new wife

Sounds like you need as many lights as you want and a new wife
To her defense, she reluctantly agreed with the Carli pin top and new rims/tires, but yeah i think I’ll have to go with all 3. The Fogs/linkable come with the truck as an upgrade and the A-pillers are aftermarket. That will pass the sniff test 🤪.

How well do you think the Amber Fog Lights would help in the Rain. If you've ever been in Florida during the Summer, you know how a Tropical Rain Storm turns 3pm into night almost instantly. The rain seems to absorbs what light our headlights project. You literally "can't see" anything in front of you. ( I'm not sure how to correctly say this ) .. Will the Amber Light project in the Rain, be less absorbing ..?

I'm in Houston and we get similar afternoon dark rains on occasion - pretty creepy looking. I'm not sure how much the amber will help as it's an illumination vs. blocking thing. The super heavy rain just blocks so much light. But the amber fog lights are better than just stock headlights. It also helps make you more visible to other motorists.

The amber benefit is it tends to reflect back less light than a bright white. So in fog, snow, or heavy dust the white light is reflecting back so much light it effectively blinds you. Whereas the amber doesn't tend to reflect back as badly, thus it's perceived to "cut through" the fog or snow better.

No issue, maybe i wasnt clear enough. Matter black should be close enough and if not, can always try to gloss black paint to match it. I think that particular part is metal, should be easy enough to prime and paint it.

You're correct. Those pieces are metal and they can be primed and paint-matched.

Thanks for the heads up Nick at 10% discount.

My pleasure! And if you have any questions at all or want to put any kits together, please feel free to send me a PM anytime.

How well do you think the Amber Fog Lights would help in the Rain. If you've ever been in Florida during the Summer, you know how a Tropical Rain Storm turns 3pm into night almost instantly. The rain seems to absorbs what light our headlights project. You literally "can't see" anything in front of you. ( I'm not sure how to correctly say this ) .. Will the Amber Light project in the Rain, be less absorbing ..?
I'm in Houston and we get similar afternoon dark rains on occasion - pretty creepy looking. I'm not sure how much the amber will help as it's an illumination vs. blocking thing. The super heavy rain just blocks so much light. But the amber fog lights are better than just stock headlights. It also helps make you more visible to other motorists.

The amber benefit is it tends to reflect back less light than a bright white. So in fog, snow, or heavy dust the white light is reflecting back so much light it effectively blinds you. Whereas the amber doesn't tend to reflect back as badly, thus it's perceived to "cut through" the fog or snow better.

Excellent question and answer here and I'll add just a little bit more to it.

Amber is less bright than white light from a lumen standpoint, however, it is easier on the eyes than most other off-road lights simply because the color is less reflective off of other surfaces. Amber/yellow is one of the best colors out there and is kind of the jack of all trades. It's great for rain, dust, snow, ice, and fog; although some colors are better than others.

Heavy rain/fog - yellow is best
Snow - blue is best
Smoke - red is bet

All that said, I think having some amber is an excellent addition to any well rounded lighting setup. And if for some reason you don't like the way the amber lights look, you can go with all white lights and add amber translucent covers (Baja Designs calls them rock guards) to snap onto any of your lights to make the output amber.

Hope this clears some things up!

BD makes good stuff. Have the fog kit and the OX6 plus bar on my TRX. Going to place an order when my VIN is sent to me for the fog system BD has. Have been running the big lights since the old 385CP KC's in 1980 when I was 17! The 5k is really a plus as it really helps with your night vision not being 6k.

Last edited:
Well shit .. I kinda like these Fog Lights. At this rate, I'll never get a Raptor Steering wheel.

If your factory wheel isn't heated (or you don't mind losing the feature) and you do NOT have Adaptive Steering, I have a similar Raptor style steering wheel available in leather and carbon fiber that's way cheaper than the OEM stuff. Just a head's up.

Got them installed. Takes about 3 hours to install, includes marking existing fog beams on garage door, lunch, several beers, trying to figure out the Aux switch locations first time, etc. I will say BD needs to label the bags better. The 2 Pin splitter was labeled. I laid the lights out on the floor to figure the 8 harness bags out. Vs under the truck looking up. They need to note the drawings for a MY22 there are no torx T25 bolts to remove in step 4.

Attachments

• 1633903677217349119867721133825.jpg
    1633903677217349119867721133825.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 16339037558988619877747900237317.jpg
    16339037558988619877747900237317.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 163
Got them installed. Takes about 3 hours to install, includes marking existing fog beams on garage door, lunch, several beers, trying to figure out the Aux switch locations first time, etc. I will say BD needs to label the bags better. The 2 Pin splitter was labeled. I laid the lights out on the floor to figure the 8 harness bags out. Vs under the truck looking up. They need to note the drawings for a MY22 there are no torx T25 bolts to remove in step 4.
Can you please share the photo of the setup further away, i have the same color truck on order, want to see how they look form a distance. Thanks

When I have mine made they will be for the outboard side the most powerful with the cutoff for side illumination and the 2 on the inside will be the spot flood combo. Will be ordering the day I get my VIN.

Last edited:
Antimatter Blue in the sun for you. LOL
I have seen where people get them color matched, but I was worried about the AB match. Plus the factory fog surround is black anyway.
FYI the 6" antenna I put on works just a good as the factory whip.

Attachments

• 20211010_155556.jpg
    20211010_155556.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20211010_155606.jpg
    20211010_155606.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 197
When I have mine made they will be for the outboard side the most powerful with the cutoff for side illumination and the 2 on the inside will be the spot flood combo. Will be ordering the day I gat my VIN.
Why wait. They are on sale now. 10% off from Apollo Optics. I got them delivered in 2 days for free.

Back