Baja Designs Dual Fog light 2020-2022

I've got the dual setup. Outside ambers set up on the fog switch, and central clears I have mounted to the 1st upfitter switch. I love the setup.
Same. And love them.

Attachments

• CC2EB932-E01D-46AA-8AEB-148544869A3F.jpeg
    CC2EB932-E01D-46AA-8AEB-148544869A3F.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 594
I do like the fog light addition to the bumper , neat, clean and looks great ! Thinking about what to use my up fitter switchers for. I spend a lot of time in the Adirondacks . While up there People are courteous. We let each other pass , Don't cut anyone off and follow the rule first come first person gets the parking spot. we also help our neighbor . Then I return to the most selfish, self centered ,arrogant place in the world LONG ISLAND N.Y. . So I want to use one of my up fitter switches to operate a 1,000 amp relay to feed the loudest AIR HORN known to mankind . This horn should be able to break windows and cause the selfish people to mess their pants . Please forward any links to such an Air Horn.

I do like the fog light addition to the bumper , neat, clean and looks great ! Thinking about what to use my up fitter switchers for. I spend a lot of time in the Adirondacks . While up there People are courteous. We let each other pass , Don't cut anyone off and follow the rule first come first person gets the parking spot. we also help our neighbor . Then I return to the most selfish, self centered ,arrogant place in the world LONG ISLAND N.Y. . So I want to use one of my up fitter switches to operate a 1,000 amp relay to feed the loudest AIR HORN known to mankind . This horn should be able to break windows and cause the selfish people to mess their pants . Please forward any links to such an Air Horn.
Sad to say it, but it seems like the problem is country wide. Self absorbed and spacially unaware. I am also looking into an onboard air system for the airbags, and will include an air horn for the same people you describe….

Sad to say it, but it seems like the problem is country wide. Self absorbed and spacially unaware. I am also looking into an onboard air system for the airbags, and will include an air horn for the same people you describe….
I too have this set up on my Tremor, but I have placed the white driving lamps on the outside, amber on the inside. Realistically they are only inches apart. I have the white connected to the factory wiring, and the amber to an upfitter. I am in a rural area and have the need for the white light more so than amber, due to an abundance of wildlife. I also changed via forscan that the white driving lights are on when hi beams are on.(Bambi mode) My a-pillar are Rigid whites. The combination far, far exceed the capability of the LED high beams. I am undecided on a Rigid Curvec bumper bar. My need for amber is not often.

The amber vs white really comes down to your use case and what you're after with your truck. The yellow output from the yellow Baja Designs lenses is great for cutting through fog, rain, dust, and snow. The white output is better for use when it's clear. It really depends on if you need or want the yellow output. If not, then I'd go with clear.

We're a large Baja Designs dealer and would be glad to help get you setup! We can also help custom tailor setup for you if you want to mix and match beam patterns with various lenses.

Feel free to send us a message if we can assist!

The amber vs white really comes down to your use case and what you're after with your truck. The yellow output from the yellow Baja Designs lenses is great for cutting through fog, rain, dust, and snow. The white output is better for use when it's clear. It really depends on if you need or want the yellow output. If not, then I'd go with clear.

We're a large Baja Designs dealer and would be glad to help get you setup! We can also help custom tailor setup for you if you want to mix and match beam patterns with various lenses.

Feel free to send us a message if we can assist!

Baja Designs is 10 miles away from me in San Marcos, CA. Great company and products. Run all their stuff on my Can-Am X3.
Amber color lights are great in conditions like fog, snow, and dust. Amber light allows you to see through that and pick up the trail ruts and holes. White lights will reflect back and give you a "white out" effect. This setup is the best of both worlds.
This is setup is on my Black Friday shopping list!!

Did you guys install these yourself, was it an easy install??? if you installed them yourself how did you aim them properly..... thanks for any input.... I am ordering these they look sweet !!!

Did you guys install these yourself, was it an easy install??? if you installed them yourself how did you aim them properly..... thanks for any input.... I am ordering these they look sweet !!!
Brucen. I don't have these, as I don't have my truck yet. I have used Baja Design products on my past vehicles and the installs have been fairly simple. They make great products and the fit is great. As for aiming them. I used my garage door, as my driveway is level. Turned my headlights on and used painters tape to mark the center of those for a reference point. How the lights are aimed is a personal preference. I aimed my fogs out a little to pick up the sides of the road more.

Baja Designs is 10 miles away from me in San Marcos, CA. Great company and products. Run all their stuff on my Can-Am X3.
Amber color lights are great in conditions like fog, snow, and dust. Amber light allows you to see through that and pick up the trail ruts and holes. White lights will reflect back and give you a "white out" effect. This setup is the best of both worlds.
This is setup is on my Black Friday shopping list!!
Feel free to send me a message, we can help get you setup! No word on if Baja Designs is doing their usual Black Friday this year. We hope so, but with components in short supply and demand already through the roof, I'm not holding out much hope. But we will be stocked up so don't worry :D

Brucen. I don't have these, as I don't have my truck yet. I have used Baja Design products on my past vehicles and the installs have been fairly simple. They make great products and the fit is great. As for aiming them. I used my garage door, as my driveway is level. Turned my headlights on and used painters tape to mark the center of those for a reference point. How the lights are aimed is a personal preference. I aimed my fogs out a little to pick up the sides of the road more.

@brucen - What @rdz418 said above is spot-on. Baja Designs kits are bolt in and plug and play. Even a novice can crank this stuff out with basic hand tools. A multimeter is helpful to make sure you pin the fog connector correctly since Ford doesn't market the wires as to positive or negative. Other than that, it's running the wires to the upfitter for the second pair and you're done. I also use the same aiming idea as RDZ. Throw some blue painters tape on your garage and mark the height cutoff of your OEM fogs and match that. For the off-road lights, aim them as you please. Backroads or a dark parking lot at night work great!

Love these set ups. Just picked up our King Ranch and want to add this set up. However, we did not get the upfitter switches. Can these only be added from the factory, the upfitter switches?

Those without the upfitter switches, where are you mounting your switch?

Love these set ups. Just picked up our King Ranch and want to add this set up. However, we did not get the upfitter switches. Can these only be added from the factory, the upfitter switches?

Those without the upfitter switches, where are you mounting your switch?
You can get the non upfitter option and it comes with the switch and relay.

You can get the non upfitter option and it comes with the switch and relay.
Thanks. I am hoping the upfitter switches can be added, but I suspect it's a factory order and install only. I am also considering a light bar mounted in the grill area, as we I want increased white light when driving home and off roading. Since the KR had most everything else, I didn't want to pass up the offer from the dealer we bought her from last night.

Back