Baja Designs 7 XL linkable kit

I have this light bar on my 2021. Also ordered another one for my 2022.
Love all of the Baja Design stuff, always super high quality stuff.
Does not block the camera as much as you would think.

ssw2.jpg
ssw3.jpg
ssw45.jpg
ssw46.jpg
ssw47.jpg

Sounds like the XL80 has a better light throw & more lumens for a light mounted higher up as in on the A pillar for distance & is the way to go

Wonder what the candela is for the XL80 & LP4

But it seems if you couple BD’s 2 light fog light pocket light package with the XL80’s on the A pillar you have a lighting system that works in 98% of all weather & road conditions

I agree. I run a similar setup on my truck. XL80s on pillars with amber lenses, 40" OnX6+ Arc in bumper, and a pair of amber Squadron Pros.

@Busa Dave @Vee8Thunder @TremorJohn I'll update you when installed. My truck has a build week of 11/22...coming up!

Funny, I look odd measuring grill areas on Lariats that I can find on the lots around here. What did it for me is watching this video - at the ~50 second mark and will give the needed depth to mount the bar.

Thanks @Nick@ApolloOptics!

You're welcome! I have 40" OnX6 Arc bars in stock.

Thanks for posting the video.. I am thinking the OX6+ bar may be too deep. Are you planning on using the + or the regular version?

There are only 3 version of the Arc bar available: OnX6+ Arc, OnX6 Dual Control, and OnX6+ Racer Edition. The regular Arc has been discontinued.

What @ChemLab said…

I want to do the same thing. Take lots of photos and show your measurements. The OnX6+ 40inch curved is what I’d like to run on the bumper as well. I’ve run some bigger lights on the front in the past, you wouldn’t think it would cause cooling issues but my previous truck ran higher temps after installing round lights On an NFab bar. I figure if I want a little more distance directly in front I’ll try A Pillar lights.

First on the “light list” is the 40” arc bar and the Baja designs dual fog light kit.

We'd be glad to help you with both! I've got both in stock right now depending on your fog options.

Sorry I have the OnX6+ bar on my TRX now. Will want to put a longer one 40 inch on my Tremor. Had it on last night at the ranch and a few times driving home this am coming back home to Texas. Thing is awesome!

So would the bracket be sold or would you guys swap the brackets from those who bought this kit already. It was a pain in the butt to get them on.
I'm glad it wasn't just me. It took me way longer to install 6 bolts than I'd have anticipated.

The XL Linkable appears to be "Crowning" in the middle? The center pod seems higher then the end pods...
Slightly. The middle lights are also angled up more, and the outer are angled down.
I've been really happy with it. Ordered another one for my 2022 that just arrived.

tt21.jpg

tt22.jpg

I agree. I run a similar setup on my truck. XL80s on pillars with amber lenses, 40" OnX6+ Arc in bumper, and a pair of amber Squadron Pros.

You're welcome! I have 40" OnX6 Arc bars in stock.

There are only 3 version of the Arc bar available: OnX6+ Arc, OnX6 Dual Control, and OnX6+ Racer Edition. The regular Arc has been discontinued.

We'd be glad to help you with both! I've got both in stock right now depending on your fog options.
I had an 40" Onx6 Dual Control on my old rig and absolutely loved it.

I was looking to upgrade from the Linkable XL kit to an ONX6 ... any idea if I could reuse my existing brackets from the XL kit?

Slightly. The middle lights are also angled up more, and the outer are angled down.
I've been really happy with it. Ordered another one for my 2022 that just arrived.

View attachment 40286
View attachment 40287
That makes perfect sense now. Thanx for that info. I didn't think there was that much adjustability in those when linked. That's great!

I had an 40" Onx6 Dual Control on my old rig and absolutely loved it.

I was looking to upgrade from the Linkable XL kit to an ONX6 ... any idea if I could reuse my existing brackets from the XL kit?
The XL Linkable is taller so it will sit higher and may need some adjustment/modification to make it work.

The XL Linkable is taller so it will sit higher and may need some adjustment/modification to make it work.
Is there a better mounting kit for an Onx6? I love that the XL Kit brackets mostly mount up well using stock holes... but interested to maybe make a move to an Onx6.

I was starting to do a little research on the linkable kit and then read it was discontinued or something and now I see its back on Baja's site and is nearly $1700... Was is that expensive the first time? For some reason I was thinking it was around $1100

I was starting to do a little research on the linkable kit and then read it was discontinued or something and now I see its back on Baja's site and is nearly $1700... Was is that expensive the first time? For some reason I was thinking it was around $1100
I believe that this time last year it's suggested retail price was $1,649 but with the group buy and black Friday rebates I think I paid around $1,100. Can't remember the exact number. I love them and would buy again. Out here in the middle of nowhere Missouri, I use them all the time.

The light was not discontinued, however, a slight modification was made to the brackets for better fitment. There was a rumor going around that there was improved visibility with the front camera, but that was unfounded.

We are currently taking backorders on these lights as we have completely sold through everything. Current ETA is looking like March.

Latest Discussions

Back