"Badges, we need some stinking badges" 7.3

I can make a blacked out version. It would use our 1.5" X 6" domed rectangle material. The finish could be a brushed carbon black with Agate Black paint fill.
1617642979186.png

I'll assume this is another, me not understanding your millennial mentality. Apparently you've never heard of, Cutlass 442 .. SS396 .. SS454 .. 440 GTX .. 428 Mach 1 .. 7 Litre XL .. GS 455 .. Tremor 445 .. Real American Iron didn't use Big Block, Small Block, CID or any abbreviation that refers to your CVT Nissan Leaf. Please, don't concern yourself with satisfying my request.
I am far from being a Millennial. I am 50+ years old and have a 70 Roadrunner in my garage. I have been a gear head my whole life. This has more do do with you not understanding automotive design. I have been designing and manufacturing custom emblems and badges for almost 20 years now. I have degrees in commercial art and design and industrial design. I live and breath custom emblems.

If you would look at most of those emblems that you referred to, the engine call out is separate from the model. The SS 396 referred to the Super Sport powertrain, not the model vehicle. Most of the 396 vehicles had a separate flag badge or fender numbers. You don't see the Cutlass and the 442 on the same emblem, it is a Cutlass with a 442. It isn't a 428 Mach 1 it is a Cobra Jet 428 in a Mach 1. It is a Buick GS with a 455. Yes, the old muscle cars used "CUBIC INCH" and "CID" and wasn't unheard of.

When it come to your vehicle, you can put whatever you want on it. If you want Tremor 445, I can make it for you, if that is what you want. I can make suggestions based on history and automotive design, but ultimately it is what the customer wants to put on their vehicle.

Attachments

• 442.jpg
    442.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 7
  • cobra jet 428.jpg
    cobra jet 428.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 8
  • GS buick.jpg
    GS buick.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 396 chevy flags.jpg
    396 chevy flags.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 7 litre ford.jpg
    7 litre ford.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 7 litre galaxie.jpg
    7 litre galaxie.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Buick 455 emblem.jpg
    Buick 455 emblem.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 351 CID ford.jpg
    351 CID ford.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 428 cubic inch.jpg
    428 cubic inch.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I would love to see what that one looks like as well. As of now I’m thinking black badge with red font but I’m intrigued by the blacked out version as well.
Here is an example of the badge blacked out. This is the brushed carbon black with gloss black paint fill.

Attachments

• 1_5_x_8in godzilla carbon with gloss black.jpg
    1_5_x_8in godzilla carbon with gloss black.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 208
How do I order this badge on the site?
If you are looking for custom paint filled text, we can do that, but you will need to fill out the online quote request. The Godzilla only badges are the 1.5" X 8" rectangle. The 7.3L Godzilla badges are 1.5" X 10.75" size rectangle. Here is a link to the quote form. You can even upload the picture onto the quote form as an example of what you are looking for.

@stufarmer :
While I understand where you are coming from, the beauty is you are not being asked to do any of this. And if you want something different, by all means go for it.
But here's the thing, Ford named the engine Godzilla. Not any of us. Now I think it's rather cool, so I will enjoy the badge.
But off your comments above, I gotta completely agree with Billet Badges above. The different brands did different things to advertise both the engines and models to show off something.
In addition to the aforementioned examples, Cobra Jet or Turbo Jet engines... Mopar had the elephant. (Although I am not aware that they badged it in any way). But also 440 six pack was badged. Cars were named a lot of different things from The Judge to Eliminator, Demon to Boss....

Full disclosure: I had a '68 Road Runner and a '70 Chevelle SS454. (Yes, LS6 with rock crusher ?)

I got my badges from Billet Badges, easy to work with, very responsive, shipped fast, and love the quality and look. Im very satisfied??

Attachments

• AF055782-D98F-4BE7-B791-1CF28290CC54.jpeg
    AF055782-D98F-4BE7-B791-1CF28290CC54.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 258
We are cleaning house and have 2 sets of our previous design that we are blowing out at $100 for a set of 2 and $15 for shipping. They are CNC machined from billet aluminum, not plastic. First come first serve. They are ready to ship. Email your shipping and contact information to [email protected] if interested.
Way better.

We are cleaning house and have 2 sets of our previous design that we are blowing out at $100 for a set of 2 and $15 for shipping.
That was a special New Year blow out that we did almost 5 months ago. It was some old stock that we were getting rid of for the newer design.

I would completely agree, Ford dropped the ball on that one. But then again, how many morons out there would say "look at that idiot, he put an old 7.3 diesel logo on a new Ford....what a dork". Gotta love the ignorance of people. LOL

Why stop there, Ford also dropped the ball with no interior badging with "Tremor". Come on Ford a simple headrest logo, door emblem or even a dash emblem!!

Regardless, I would like to find some kind of 7.3 emblem too!!
Yeah you'd think with the massive upcharge for the Tremor package we'd at least get some embroidered seats and dash badging.

I finally got my custom badges in the works... should be made next week, polished, painted then shipped.

The guys over at Evod Industries do phenomenal one off custom machined pieces, they did a ton of pieces for my dads '40 ford.

If anyone wants to reach out to them for badges their email is [email protected] -- ends up being about $250-$300 per badge depending on how crazy/custom you get.

https://www.evodindustries.com

View attachment 14775
Too much $$, when I picked the color combo I wanted they were $400. I can see some thief popping them off for his truck. Great work, I just can't get with spending $400 for engine badges.

Last edited:
Experience with Billet Badges:

I just got my badges in today from Billet Badges. In all, it took about one week from the time I submitted my order request form, to getting the quote, paying, shipped and in my hand. A very positive experience and the quality is really second to none.

An excellent product, shipped fast and looks great. It really is so much better than a lousy sticker!!

I tried to keep me out of the pic....
20210419_165541.jpg

Last edited:
That is one of the reasons that we added the gap in the "D". Plus it matches the D that is on SUPER DUTY.

These are also CNC machined from solid billet aluminum, polished (or anodized), with enameled filled text (or milled unpainted text). We can either make this design or a totally unique design in whatever font choice you want. Maybe you have a font that like that doesn't look like GOOZILLA. Let us know and we can do it for a small custom design fee.
How much for 3 of the top one (with the red).

Back