"Badges, we need some stinking badges" 7.3

We haven't done any black versions with red text yet. Attached is a quick rendering. Is this what you have in mind?

That looks pretty good, IMO.

We can look into a group buy, but we need to pick one design and maybe 2 different finishes. Something like a polished with black paint fill or a black badge with either milled unpainted text or red text. I can't have custom finishes or designs if it is part of a group buy.

I would be in for a set of black badges with red lettering!

I would be in for a set of black badges with red lettering!
Those badges are way over priced...

they are making them for $2-$3 each

and selling them for $85 each...

they are a Rip Off...

Don't waste your money

Those badges are way over priced...

they are making them for $2-$3 each

and selling them for $85 each...

they are a Rip Off...

Don't waste your money
$2-$3 each. LOL! Maybe if they were mass produced in plastic over in China or the cheap sticker you are pushing. I don't know where you came up with those numbers. I will be happy to show you my books.

Hell, just the raw extruded billet aluminum rectangle bars cost $10 / lb. Each of the raw bars weighs 1/2 lb. There is $5 in just the raw material. Mill time is 45 minutes each at $75/ hour. Now add in hand polishing, masking, bead blasting, and painting with automotive grade PPG paint (not Krylon). There is about 2 hours per badge just in finishing and painting. Minimum wage in California is $15/hr.

Looks like the black badge with red lettering is getting some traction! BTW - I have no problem paying for a quality product made domestically. People always cry about everything being made overseas and wanting to bring business back to the USA but then dont want to pay for it.

$2-$3 each. LOL! Maybe if they were mass produced in plastic over in China or the cheap sticker you are pushing. I don't know where you came up with those numbers. I will be happy to show you my books.

Hell, just the raw extruded billet aluminum rectangle bars cost $10 / lb. Each of the raw bars weighs 1/2 lb. There is $5 in just the raw material. Mill time is 45 minutes each at $75/ hour. Now add in hand polishing, masking, bead blasting, and painting with automotive grade PPG paint (not Krylon). There is about 2 hours per badge just in finishing and painting. Minimum wage in California is $15/hr.
Heard they were being stamped from plastic
like factory Auto badges.
Sorry for the misunderstanding..
It's time you leave California..less taxes...lower overhead

Heard they were being stamped from plastic
like factory Auto badges.
Sorry for the misunderstanding..
It's time you leave California..less taxes...lower overhead
Everything we make is CNC machined from solid billet aluminum. No 3D printed or injection molded plastic. We are currently running a batch or parts to add to our store to make it easier to order. Custom designs or finishes will still need to go through our quote form.

Attachments

• Godzilla badge production.jpg
    Godzilla badge production.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 165

Damn! I wanted the ones with Krylon paint! Just kidding. Your products are extremely high quality. I'm interested in black with red letters if a group buy was to come along.

Everything we make is CNC machined from solid billet aluminum. No 3D printed or injection molded plastic. We are currently running a batch or parts to add to our store to make it easier to order. Custom designs or finishes will still need to go through our quote form.
I'm in for some of those black with silver lettering

When do you think you will have these in the store?

So been kicking around what badge to get for my gasser so would like to hear any thoughts on a 445 ci godzilla badge ...since we do have American trucks ...thoughts?

So been kicking around what badge to get for my gasser so would like to hear any thoughts on a 445 ci godzilla badge ...since we do have American trucks ...thoughts?
We have done it both ways. It is all personal preference.

The engine is manufactured in Canada, and they use the metric system.

Attachments

• 5_75_445ci_godzilla_oval.jpg
    5_75_445ci_godzilla_oval.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 63
Anyone have the measurements of the 6.7L powerstroke badge that comes from the factory? I would like to place my 7.3L Godzilla badges in the same spot so was hoping someone might have the measurement from door crease to edge of badge as well as lower door angle to bottom of badge? Pic below for reference.

Attachments

• D711F09F-D886-4E00-8DB3-4D8A6520DAFF.jpeg
    D711F09F-D886-4E00-8DB3-4D8A6520DAFF.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 148
Badges ordered!

Back