Backup camera question

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I saw a video that showed the front facing camera being activated while in drive. Can the rear facing camera be activated as well while in drive? I asking because I plan to get the trailer camera system and want to know if I can see behind the trailer while driving down the road.

I saw a video that showed the front facing camera being activated while in drive. Can the rear facing camera be activated as well while in drive? I asking because I plan to get the trailer camera system and want to know if I can see behind the trailer while driving down the road.

There is a company called 4Dtech that makes a cable that when installed it allows you to view all of the cameras when in motion. I have it on 3 of my trucks. You can select any of the cameras and leave them active if you wish. Really helpful when towing or hauling. Not affiliated, just a customer.

There is a company called 4Dtech that makes a cable that when installed it allows you to view all of the cameras when in motion. I have it on 3 of my trucks. You can select any of the cameras and leave them active if you wish. Really helpful when towing or hauling. Not affiliated, just a customer.

Is this it? The description says its intent is to add new cameras, not necessarily to allow the back up camera to be activated while in drive. Can you confirm?

4D Tech Rear Camera Programmer

Is this it? The description says its intent is to add new cameras, not necessarily to allow the back up camera to be activated while in drive. Can you confirm?

4D Tech Rear Camera Programmer

Sorry, I posted the wrong link. The company is called NAV-TV and the cable for "video in motion" requires that you have the Ford camera pkg on the truck. It allows you to view any of the cameras while driving at any speed, for as long as you want. https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT899/cod-f50.html
4D Tech has some programmers too, that allow you to add functionality or remove things such as the double honk when leaving the truck, while running with the key in your pocket. Unfortunately, it looks like they have released anything for the 2020's yet. You might want to call or email NAV-TV to see if the above link will work a truck with only the back up camera (if that's what you have). Also confirm that it works with 2020's.

Can ForScan be used to enable the camera views while in motion?

Can ForScan be used to enable the camera views while in motion?

On the 17' - 19's it would not enable the cameras in motion. There are some changes in ForScan for 20' but I think it's still impossible. Nav-TV's solution is to make the truck think its stationery. I'm sure that you can google exactly how they accomplish it.

Back