Backorder Warn Winch

MBTremor

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Platinum Tremor - Antimatter Blue
First Responder
Police
I received my Tremor on 2022-08-26 after waiting 13 months however I did not receive both my winch and the customer placed trailer camera. I bought through a corporate salesman of a dealer group but the truck was delivered through the Ford dealer. I'm not getting much out of the dealer in terms of ETA for the winch, etc. I was expecting it would've arrived before the truck. Has anyone else had this happen (particularly in Canada) and do they have an ETA for their winch?

I received my Tremor on 2022-08-26 after waiting 13 months however I did not receive both my winch and the customer placed trailer camera. I bought through a corporate salesman of a dealer group but the truck was delivered through the Ford dealer. I'm not getting much out of the dealer in terms of ETA for the winch, etc. I was expecting it would've arrived before the truck. Has anyone else had this happen (particularly in Canada) and do they have an ETA for their winch?
I had both of these as well and both took about a week or so after my truck arrived.

That might be the situation I'm in... I ordered from that Levitown ford accessory site and I've gotten no update on the order.

I ordered it a couple weeks ago.

I got my car mid of July 2022 without a winch. I had to tell the dealer that the winch is missing.
7 weeks later the dealer called me the winch arrive, too but I have still to wait more 4 weeks before I get an appointment for the mounting.
Really disappointed about the mounting appointment. Bought a car about 100K and they treat me like a walk-in customer.
Of course the car is paid, no hurry on there site. And the dealer is too busy to prepare the other cars with bogus "add ons" and faked Windows Sticker.

Be happy you got the truck. There's folks on here who's truck won't even ship because theyre waiting on the winch.
Why does anyone have to wait for shipment if the winch is missing?

The winch will be mounted by the dealer. This is an excuse from Ford or the dealer and makes no sense.

With this information, anyone waiting for shipment "because of the missing winch" should go to their dealer and confront them.

You can only be fooled if you let yourself be fooled.

"Covid19" and "Ship shortage" doesn't work anymore?!? Now "winch is missing" is the new "ship shortage"?

Why does anyone have to wait for shipment if the winch is missing?

The winch will be mounted by the dealer. This is an excuse from Ford or the dealer and makes no sense.

With this information, anyone waiting for shipment "because of the missing winch" should go to their dealer and confront them.

You can only be fooled if you let yourself be fooled.

"Covid19" and "Ship shortage" doesn't work anymore?!? Now "winch is missing" is the new "ship shortage"?
From what was posted that came straight from ford, not the dealer.

the winch shortage must be a thing, after i got a "customer service liason" assigned to me, they got my order scheduled once I agreed to drop the winch

The winch thing was going on even when I ordered my truck. I just bought it online and in stock (cheaper than ordering it with the truck) and had it installed. Kind of sad when you have to research what options to order and which ones to skip so you can get your truck built.

The winch thing was going on even when I ordered my truck. I just bought it online and in stock (cheaper than ordering it with the truck) and had it installed. Kind of sad when you have to research what options to order and which ones to skip so you can get your truck built.
If you buy the winch after market is there anything extra you need to order? Is it just wired to an up fitter switch? Also, what specific winch and harness/accessories do you need?

Last edited:
If you buy the winch after market is there anything extra you need to order? Is it just wired to an up fitter switch? Also, what specific winch and harness/accessories do you need?
The winch comes with everything you need for install except friends and beer.

The winch comes with a hard wired control and remote control. There is no need to wire it to an upfitter.

This is what I ordered and seems to be the lowest price place to order from.

The winch comes with everything you need for install except friends and beer.

The winch comes with a hard wired control and remote control. There is no need to wire it to an upfitter.

This is what I ordered and seems to be the lowest price place to order from.
Been watching the site, how long from order to delivery? Amy issues getting it to your house?

Been watching the site, how long from order to delivery? Amy issues getting it to your house?
I think it was around 7 business days. Only issue is it ruins your relationship with your Fed ex guy. It's heavy.

I got my truck Dec 21 - winch was at dealer when truck arrived - same for the camera kit - of course the folkind involved at the dealer who prep'd and delivered my truck did not know they had it - took them two weeks and finally an in person visit from me for them to figure out that they had it - no one had bothered to ask the parts mgr. - when GM called him when I was there, he came out and said he had it, came in a few weeks before the truck. GM asked him why and why he did not get in on the truck when delivered - he said "no one asked him and that he had locked store room with parts for "ordered" trucks that came in seperate and had multiple winch's and cameras kits stored in there - each one had a specific customer name on it". The GM, sale guy, delivery Mgr. were all like - oh good to know. He said that way the parts guys didn't grab them and sell to another customer, which happened several times before he set up the closet. Good system - bad communication!

I ordered it from a Ford a Dealer who sells online. Lot of that going on now. It is the same unit and controls that come if it is done before you get the truck. I had it shipped directly to my installer.

Latest Discussions

Back