Bill

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
2022 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB
Since we’re posting about our hitches I didn’t want to feel left out or not show off, what I feel like, is a great product. I needed to get new hitches with increased drops so I figured I’d make use of the Tremor’s 3” receiver tube. And since I have managed to collect trailers with all 3 ball sizes getting one that included all of them was a pretty esay choice. I liked the idea of being able to leave the hitch on the truck but hated the shin busting extra depth that the ball added ... in comes the Tow & Stow hitch from B&W. Rated at 21,000lbs it can take anything the truck can handle and with the 7” drop/7.5” rise it will level all my trailers behind the truck.

The one thing I wasn’t a super big fan of was the Hairpin-style cotter pins that were included. They just looked out of place and aren’t stainless (zinc plated). So I ordered up a few lynch pins from McMaster-Carr and cleaned that up.
McMaster # 90170A205
3/16 “ dia x 1.5” length

B&W Tow & Stow Hitch

Lynch Pins

5884F5AF-9B55-46EE-9CE2-1FEC22AECF37.jpeg
EC4054D4-7C38-4F62-BF09-2CDC3107789B.jpeg

Another option is a locking pin. Infiniterule makes locking pins for B&W hitches. Might be overkill though

I have this exact setup and the Infiniterule Locking Pin set of 4. Not overkill at all. All quality and well worth the money. Def do it!

I have this exact setup and the Infiniterule Locking Pin set of 4. Not overkill at all. All quality and well worth the money. Def do it!
I've been considering it. I have the hitch pin. It's awesome. I like that the lock is threaded. makes for a tight connection

Just got mine! This forum is dangerous, I didn't even know I needed it till I saw this post. Probably more than I need for just my boat, but you never know what I might need to pull. :)

View attachment 3451

Youre right!! This forum is dangerous!! I want so many of the cool things all you guys show us!

Can the B&W draw bar be used with a weight distributing or sway control hitch for pulling a travel trailer?
Has anyone done that and have pictures of the set up?

Just picked up a B&W 7" drop hitch, and was seriously considering the Infinite Rule locks until I saw how easily they're picked:

I opted for a Paclock, which judging by everything I've come across seems to be the most pick-proof among pin locks. Essentially, nothing is pick-proof, but for the price of these pins, they are laughably easy to bypass...

Just picked up a B&W 7" drop hitch, and was seriously considering the Infinite Rule locks until I saw how easily they're picked:

I opted for a Paclock, which judging by everything I've come across seems to be the most pick-proof among pin locks. Essentially, nothing is pick-proof, but for the price of these pins, they are laughably easy to bypass...
Here's a pic of the Paclock from my thread:

Here's a pic of the Paclock from my thread:

They're really well constructed. LPL picks them all with ease, but Bosnianbill had a heck of a time getting past one:

They're really well constructed. LPL picks them all with ease, but Bosnianbill had a heck of a time getting past one:

The main reason why I bought the Paclock was it's robust against pipe 'leverage' based breaking attacks.

I have the same 3" shank hitch. Love it! I found that the 5" - 5 1/2" version works great on my Tremor for all my trailers. The 7" - 7 1/2" seems like it is going to drag on a lot of dips and driveways.
I ordered the 7”-7 1/2” version, but don’t have the truck yet. I have the same concern and question if the 5” version is more appropriate. From my research the opinions seems to be equally split for both. I mainly tow a tandem axle trailer for a 25’ Bay Boat and a small single axle utility trailer.

Should I exchange my 7 for a 5?

I ordered the 7”-7 1/2” version, but don’t have the truck yet. I have the same concern and question if the 5” version is more appropriate. From my research the opinions seems to be equally split for both. I mainly tow a tandem axle trailer for a 25’ Bay Boat and a small single axle utility trailer.

Should I exchange my 7 for a 5?
When I asked which one I should get on here (same dilemma) the majority said to go with an 8", which is what I got. Should work perfect for 99% of scenarios. (y)

I got a Weigh Safe, but it shouldn't matter.

Back