FORDFIRSTIMER

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
20 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
18 Camaro SS 1LE
2 Part question.

I've got a 250 Tremor with the 6.7 and I cannot decide between the 5 or 7" drop B&W or going with a weight distribution anti sway hitch.

I pull a 23' toy hauler that's about 8k loaded.

If I go with the B&W will the 5" work? I don't want to go ant longer than I have to.

As far as the WDH, are there any with a 3" shank?

Thanks,

Go 7 there are times when you need it. I have the 5 and with my small atv trailer its too tall.

no way it will bottom up or drag on the ground.

yes get a 3" and be done with it no adaptors. less rattling

get the 3" shank. Go 7". I've got that size drop and it's versatile for various trailers depending on tongue weight.

I got the 3" shank with 5" drop B&W on F250 with the 6.7. Let me know if you need any measurements. I off-road a good bit and actually did drag in one spot this past weekend. But then again I went through the same spot another time and was able to manage without dragging. I did NOT want the 7" for this reason.

I got the 3" shank with 5" drop B&W on F250 with the 6.7. Let me know if you need any measurements. I off-road a good bit and actually did drag in one spot this past weekend. But then again I went through the same spot another time and was able to manage without dragging. I did NOT want the 7" for this reason.
I only have mine in for towing. No need to bang a knee or get caught up off road.

I have the 3” shank, 7” drop and love it. I needed the extra for a few of my trailers. If you‘re concerned about going deeper than you have to measure it out and see if the 5” drop will work for you.

Andersen has 3" WDHs and are pretty popular
Just watched a video in these on You Tube, looks like a pain in the ass to install evertime.

Would you mind measuring from the top of the hitch to the bottom of the drop leg. I believe the 7” drop is 11” overall would that make the 5” drop 9” overall. I have an Anderson hitch with 6” drop and it works fine but I want the B&W I like the stow and go part.

See if this answers your question and if not let me know and I can measure something else for you this afternoon.

Back