Axle wrap - 2020 7.3 with 4.30 gears

Bottom Line

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor 7.3
Any body else seeing bad axle wrap with the 7.3, 4.30 gears and stock suspension. Seems like if I'm barely on the throttle in loose, thick sand the rear end will start hopping bad (forward or reverse) with traction control on or off. If I stomp it it powers past it but with low to medium throttle it can be bad. My old '05 with the 5.4 and 3.73 gears did it with stock tires but when I changed to 35's it stopped.

Trentw

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 6.7 Tremor
I think that's unavoidable with a heavy duty truck. Suspension is stiff. I have the 6.7 and when i was on the beach trying to tow a boat out of the water my suspension was hopping so bad I thought I was going to snap something. it was either keep going or get stuck and buried in the sand. Truck made it but it wasn't a pleasant experience. Basically said screw it, it's still under warranty and sent it. I'm getting some traction bars as I can only imagine it will get worse with 37's and a 2" lift I'm planning on. I don't want to get a sway bar as others on this forum have because that kinda defeats the purpose of an off road truck and limits articulation. Although not sure that a sway bar would even help that. Not sure what i'm going to do with the front axle as that was hopping just as bad. Do they make them for the front???

Rears i'm thinking something like this:

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
I haven't noticed this year, in 6300 miles or so.

Colfaxent

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor F250 Black
Current Ride #2
2016 Ford Edge Sport
This is very common with Super Duty because of the long rear leaf springs. I had a tuned deleted 6.4l that did it badly when towing my 15k lb 5th wheel. Put on a set of PMF traction bars and solved the issue, also makes it shift very smoothly also with no spring wrap up. Was a great investment.

SVT4X4

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Had it happen a bit in the sand dunes recently. I am going to need to find a solution, probably some taller springs to get rid of the lift block.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge