Auto Mirrors Fold In and out at shutdown and start

MTTremor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 King Ranch Tremor
Has anyone did the mod to have the mirrors automatically fold in when you turn off your truck mind open when you start your truck. If so can you post how you did this?

All that I have found is f150

It’s in my options on my XLT
2BF6AAC8-28D8-4BCF-B0E5-D528EAF30488.jpeg

It's also on the 2020. I just found it. On YouTube they used Forscan and move 2 pins in your mirror harness for 17-19 F250. Damn that was easy going into settings. Thank you so much for your help.

Is there any way to get them to open when the truck actually turns on rather than when unlocking it? My truck is parked at work and when I go out two times a day I feel like I’m burning up the motors in the mirrors just to check my phone. Would be ideal if they stayed folded when unlocked but then opened up when you actually start the engine!

Is there any way to get them to open when the truck actually turns on rather than when unlocking it? My truck is parked at work and when I go out two times a day I feel like I’m burning up the motors in the mirrors just to check my phone. Would be ideal if they stayed folded when unlocked but then opened up when you actually start the engine!
That is Forscan only. You have to engage Lincoln mode.

I usually don't use modes like this because having a GMT800 chevy taught me that folding mirrors burn out or strip the gears, and it's an expensive repair. I have no idea how robust the Ford units are...

Has anyone did the mod to have the mirrors automatically fold in when you turn off your truck mind open when you start your truck. If so can you post how you did this?
It should be under advanced options.. May depends on your trim level.

I usually don't use modes like this because having a GMT800 chevy taught me that folding mirrors burn out or strip the gears, and it's an expensive repair. I have no idea how robust the Ford units are...
Definitely cheaper than replacing a mirror.

Perfect. I hoped so but was unsure. I’ve had the adapter for a month but am too lazy to take my computer to the garage…

I activated Lincoln mode using Forscan on my '21 and it does not have them fold/unfold when the doors are open/or start. It makes the mirrors fold when you lock the door and then unfolds them when you close the door after opening when folded by locking.

Back