Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
Current Ride
7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
SN95 awaiting 7.3 swap
I will collect the tremor this weekend and I before even listening to the factory stereo, I know I will be disappointed in the base sync system performance. Does anyone have audio experience with the sync system? Not looking for competition quality by any means, but I do enjoy a bit more clarity and bass. Has anyone already done this or have any recommendations?

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I will be watching this one. I find the sound quality quite good, but the volume unimpressive.

Ed

OP
usafrcm90

usafrcm90

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
Current Ride
7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
SN95 awaiting 7.3 swap
I will be watching this one. I find the sound quality quite good, but the volume unimpressive.

Ed
Assuming you have the B&O system with the King Ranch?

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
I have the B&O and think it's just fine. No complaints. I don't need so much bass that my license plate to vibrates like a Honda civic but I do enjoy quality audio. I have no complaints with the audio quality.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck
Mine has the B&O its fine. But not like my "Alpine" deck with the "Jensen" speakers that I had in High School. Since its a personal taste the opinions can and will vary.

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ShiverMeTimbers

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor Lariat, Magnetic w/chrooome
Current Ride #2
Duckworth XL 30
The B&O in my Lariat is way better than the stereo I had in my 2016 F150, so I wouldn't even know where to start improving on it. Will be watching this thread.

Jrhii

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
Roush Stage 3 Muatang - track car
The B&O in my Lariat is way better than the stereo I had in my 2016 F150, so I wouldn't even know where to start improving on it. Will be watching this thread.
I absolutely agree with this point... I feel the same.

OP
usafrcm90

usafrcm90

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
Current Ride
7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
SN95 awaiting 7.3 swap
Alright, so after just a little bit of looking I've pieced together a few items, but not yet finalized. I have yet to collect the truck and want to measure for box size behind the seat before ordering to ensure everything is optimized. The system isn't anything crazy, but should outperform the standard and B&O audio systems these trucks come with by a fair margin without dropping a lot of cash. I will build a ported box and a nice amp rack behind the seat for a factory fit and finish. I've only dabbled in the audio world, so if you guys have experience I'd look forward to any recommendations!

For the line output,
I'm looking at the Audio Control LC7i to convert from the factory head unit to the amplifier so we can send clean signals to the amp.

Amplifier,
Kenwood Exceleon XR901-5 5channel amp, Class D, and rated to: 60w RMS x4 and the 5th channel at 400w RMS at 4ohms

Door Speakers,
Rockford Fosgate P165-SE 6.5" They are rated at 60w RMS at 4ohms

Sub,
Kenwood Exceleon KFC-XW1200F 12" shallow mount rated to 350w RMS at 4 ohms

Milo's Tremor

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
I have zero experience upgrading sound systems. Are all the components you list required or can I just upgrade the speakers for a start? It is a simple remove and replace?

OP
usafrcm90

usafrcm90

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
Current Ride
7.3 Tremor
Current Ride #2
SN95 awaiting 7.3 swap
I have zero experience upgrading sound systems. Are all the components you list required or can I just upgrade the speakers for a start? It is a simple remove and replace?
You can replace just the speakers, but probably not gaining much performance. "Your factory stereo uses preset equalization designed to make cheap factory speakers sound better, meaning that it automatically adjusts the different frequencies, creating audio "peaks and valleys" which can degrade sound quality. It is particularly noticeable when you add amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers to your setup, as any deficits in the sound are literally amplified. Most factory stereos also limit the bass output as volume increases in an attempt to protect the speakers. The trouble is, even if you upgrade your speakers and install an amp and subwoofer, the bass output is still limited by your factory stereo. This throws your system out of balance and makes the bass sound muddy and weak."

You have to ask yourself what you want and what you're willing to pay. I set my budget at $1000 and should be + or - $50 building the box and amp rack myself while having 0awg cable sitting around. A lot of people forget the little items and they add up quick, but if you shop around you can find great deals. I could build another for probably $500 or $5500 but results would greatly vary.

Last edited:

Milo's Tremor

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Air Force
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. I look forward to seeing how your upgrade works out.

Rich Pune

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
Rockford Fosgate!!! That’s awesome they’re still around. This thread took my straight to 1995.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge