Audio Upgrades

TimmyTheKid17

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Awaiting: ‘21 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
Hi All,

Anyone upgrade from the stock B&O audio? Not looking for crazy bass, but from what I’m reading I’ll probably want a little more and the ability to crank the volume a bit more as well. What have y’all done?

Also, stupid question, but will an aftermarket audio system impact the warranty at all?

will an aftermarket audio system impact the warranty at all
The law is well established that a warranty claim can be denied only if the dealer/manufacturer can prove a modification caused the issue at hand - either because the modification itself is failing, its integration with the factory components of the vehicle is causing issues, or the installation process damaged factory components.

Now, that doesn't mean if you get a bad dealer you won't have a fight on your hands which may prove more time consuming than it's worth. But technically the law is on your side from a warranty voiding perspective.

The law is called the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, so feel free to search around for more info about it.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. ?

Hi All,

Anyone upgrade from the stock B&O audio? Not looking for crazy bass, but from what I’m reading I’ll probably want a little more and the ability to crank the volume a bit more as well. What have y’all done?

Also, stupid question, but will an aftermarket audio system impact the warranty at all?
I did alot of up grades from speakers to amps. Left the stock head unit in ad just added the proper modules to interface. I have had no issues and it sounds great. All professional tuned.

• ZEN A2B module from NAVTV
• JL AUDIO VX800/8i
• JL AUDIO VX600/1i
• JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4
• FOCAL FLAX 165FX
• FOCAL FLAX 165FC

I did alot of up grades from speakers to amps. Left the stock head unit in ad just added the proper modules to interface. I have had no issues and it sounds great. All professional tuned.

• ZEN A2B module from NAVTV
• JL AUDIO VX800/8i
• JL AUDIO VX600/1i
• JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4
• FOCAL FLAX 165FX
• FOCAL FLAX 165FC
Which sub enclosure did you use? Under or behind?

Which sub enclosure did you use? Under or behind?
Custom built by the installer. It's behind the passenger back seat so it dose not take up to much room. It was tuned and ported.

Call Ron
He is the master.
Tell him Michael referred you. He will be happy to help or get you what you need.

I've purchased the majority of a respectable system. Nothing over the top but better than the crap they're trying to pass as B&O. Besides the encoder, I can't see much difference from the Sony branded kit from years past.

• Hertz MP 70.3
  • Hertz MPK 165.3
  • Hertz MPX 165.3
  • Kicker CompRT 12"
  • Rockford Fosgate T400X4ad [x2]
  • Rockford Fosgate T750x1bd
  • Zen A2B

Back