Audio sources - is there an option to connect an iPod?

RoM357

TREMONATOR
Reaction Points
Current Ride
24 Lariat Tremor SD
Been meaning to ask this question. I have a couple of old iPods loaded with all my good metal. Can they be hooked up and navigated through the screen? Assume so, but watched a YT video recently and did not see it listed as a source option on the screen. TIA.

Been meaning to ask this question. I have a couple of old iPods loaded with all my good metal. Can they be hooked up and navigated through the screen? Assume so, but watched a YT video recently and did not see it listed as a source option on the screen. TIA.
Did you already plug it in the USB port to see what happens?

What kind of metal? Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc. As the watch connoisseur, your avatar should be an appropriate dial.

Did you already plug it in the USB port to see what happens?
Nope. Don't own one. Wondering if it is an option before I buy.

Nope. Don't own one. Wondering if it is an option before I buy.
Well, since there aren’t many if those around, might be a tough question to answer. I’d think a cheap Amazon cable would be your quickest, easiest bet. You could also try plugging in an iPhone that doesn’t have apple car play permission on your truck and see how it pops up. I’d think the iPod would do the same, but who truly knows. Good luck

IIRC correctly, even the old school iPods with click wheel will show up as a USB drive. Though I recommend an iPod that has flash memory instead of rotating magnetic storage.

Well, since there aren’t many if those around, might be a tough question to answer. I’d think a cheap Amazon cable would be your quickest, easiest bet. You could also try plugging in an iPhone that doesn’t have apple car play permission on your truck and see how it pops up. I’d think the iPod would do the same, but who truly knows. Good luck
I should have simplified my question to "can you plug in an alternate music drive and run it through the infotainment system?". It is not about the iPod. The video I watched briefly showed a screen on the truck with "music sources" or something and I only saw the radio options. Maybe once a device is plugged in it will show on the screen. Seems most vehicles have this capability, but as I have never owned a single Ford, I really don't know.

Yes. I have usb drives loaded full of music and plug them in and am able to play and shuffle the songs. Hope that helps

I should have simplified my question to "can you plug in an alternate music drive and run it through the infotainment system?". It is not about the iPod. The video I watched briefly showed a screen on the truck with "music sources" or something and I only saw the radio options. Maybe once a device is plugged in it will show on the screen. Seems most vehicles have this capability, but as I have never owned a single Ford, I really don't know.
Ahh, yeah, that makes more sense. I do believe it pops up when recognized, as @Rodd187 mentioned. I just focused on Apple products due to you wanting to use the screen to navigate the content, which I think you can do regardless of USB drive.

Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen!!

We should start a metal thread. Going to see Dying Fetus in St. Louis in May. I think there is still tix available if anyone wants to go.

We should start a metal thread. Going to see Dying Fetus in St. Louis in May. I think there is still tix available if anyone wants to go.
I saw them last year at the Chaos and Carnage tour. Here's their tour dates:

1000007984.jpg

Two more weeks for Sick New World!

1000007983.jpg

Can't wait for Slaughter to kill it!:

I run my Pandora app, on the phone, through my screen. Works great. Make your stations, pic the songs you want. Lot better than Sirrus satellite radio.

I have an old ipod nano that i have plugged into the usb c outlet with an adapter and it shows up on the screen as my ipod.

I tried plugging in my old iPod nano with the USB cord on my 2022 and it said "device not supported" worked just fine in my 2020 F-150 but doesn't work in the 2022 F-250.

Back