AT&T WiFi hot spot activation first (3) months complementary

Anyone know if the wifi will work without a ford pass account?
I did everything on the sync screen ... Didn't use the app to setup the trial or anything... You do it though the att ford website
Everything is through here

I have att for cell phone on s20+ with 5g and I find the truck is so much more faster and has more signal strength... Also the truck wifi is considered business internet it has pulled 250mbps where my phone on 5g pulled 40mbps and I find it is more useful on trips then everyday life but for $20 a month unlimited it really good I already have unlimited on att but have 50gb of 5g and then it slows down this is always a option and the truck has to be on BUT THE ENGINE DOES NOT. Can run it with just Acc power I set my truck to a hour before it turns off and it useful right not being in Moab and road trip it was always a good connection .... But rocky mountains on I 70 it wasn't good ... No service but to be expected I guess

How did you set the truck to extend the limit on the acc power before shutting off?

ok so i got this email
1602705723647.png

i called 5 numbers before got the right number .... and they said they don't offer the $15 a month and they didn't try charging my card i talked to my bank to confirm and they wanted me to pay $200 for a year for the service and get me off the $15 a month plan ... and they didn't want to responsible for the error on there side and told me they do me a one time solid .... the dude words... a one time solid .... wtf.... anyways after 2 hours one the phone with this dude and his boss they gave me the $15 a month again .... i need to keep track of this account

Just curious if there is any benefit to this over just using my phone as a hotspot?
Using your phone WiFi hotspot works fine. Interestingly, the AT&T link and phone number stays active even if you don't pay the monthly fee after the free three month trial.

I know this because the Ford Pass data works without having a monthly contract. I can drive my truck anywhere and the FordPass app will report where my truck is located, along with fuel level and mileage - and not connected to my phone at anytime.

AT& T does not have coverage in my weekend camping area so it is completely useless to me. Wish there was an option for another provider :(

Starlink! They have a mobile version now. Plus, they JUST announced a partnership with T-mobile for next year - looks like there will be mobile phones that can connect to the Starlink constellation. Another option would be to get a Verizon home hotspot. We have one at our house. It gives us true unlimited data at great speeds (we can stream a couple of devices while our youngest plays video games online) and you can take it with you anywhere Verizon has signal. I just plug it into the AC power in my Tremor.

There’s a few alternatives.

Starlink! They have a mobile version now. Plus, they JUST announced a partnership with T-mobile for next year - looks like there will be mobile phones that can connect to the Starlink constellation. Another option would be to get a Verizon home hotspot. We have one at our house. It gives us true unlimited data at great speeds (we can stream a couple of devices while our youngest plays video games online) and you can take it with you anywhere Verizon has signal. I just plug it into the AC power in my Tremor.

There’s a few alternatives.
The partnership with T-Mobile is only to send messages. Using Internet via Starlink satellites and mobile phones is pie in the sky.

Back