F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
A vid on the complimentary first (3) months on the AT&T data plan for the Tremor. Has anyone activated this after the free period?
We have a Verizon plan and not really jazzed about starting another monthly AT&T hotspot data plan with another carrier.

Any scoop or thoughts out there on the practical use of the AT&T plan...anyone using it? Is it worth it?
Not sure it’s worth having/paying for two data plans?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

Interesting video. I have AT&T but haven't tried this, yet.

No contract. Cancel anytime

Thanks!
More info...

Last edited:
AT& T does not have coverage in my weekend camping area so it is completely useless to me. Wish there was an option for another provider :(

I have att for cell phone on s20+ with 5g and I find the truck is so much more faster and has more signal strength... Also the truck wifi is considered business internet it has pulled 250mbps where my phone on 5g pulled 40mbps and I find it is more useful on trips then everyday life but for $20 a month unlimited it really good I already have unlimited on att but have 50gb of 5g and then it slows down this is always a option and the truck has to be on BUT THE ENGINE DOES NOT. Can run it with just Acc power I set my truck to a hour before it turns off and it useful right not being in Moab and road trip it was always a good connection .... But rocky mountains on I 70 it wasn't good ... No service but to be expected I guess

AT& T does not have coverage in my weekend camping area so it is completely useless to me. Wish there was an option for another provider :(
Same, Verizon seems to have better coverage in my camping spot. Too bad I have att for everything.

Same, Verizon seems to have better coverage in my camping spot. Too bad I have att for everything.
I would have AT& T for everything except Verizon is the only one that works in my little slice of northern woods. I have to be connected when in the woods since I own and run a business.

Do you need a cc number to set up your 3 month free trial? Does the trial start at purchase or when its set up? Will it work without the Ford Pass app? Im dropping mine soon as I get and use my points.

Do you need a cc number to set up your 3 month free trial? Does the trial start at purchase or when its set up? Will it work without the Ford Pass app? Im dropping mine soon as I get and use my points.
Just go to ford pass connect in the settings and everything will start there only took me 5 mins to setup

Yea I need to call and add the truck to my AT&T account. Did the trial on the way home from picking up the truck and the kids blew through the 3GB free trial in 2 hours! Worked great while it lasted lol

Ford Pass App functionality continues to operate after the Trial Period ends (for free). So remote start, lock and unlock doors still works, along with location of vehicle, so I saw no need to continue any data plan since my personal mobile device (Verizon) provides all the data I need when traveling about.

so Att called me yesterday and offered me $10 a month and with taxes at $14.85 gave me a autopay discount and military discount and not on my Att phone plan which would be $20 on my phone plan .... i was only going to pay for it on trips but .... at that price can't complain and i have a s20+ and i fucking hate when my phone (Says it is 5g) it not really 5g it 4g lte+ .... anyways on (5G) it is ASS!!!! it doesn't work at all but on 4Glte it works great and have NO issues with it and the truck uses 4glte business class internet and my phone pulls 30mbps and the truck in the same spot pulled 96 mbps so yea it faster and always works when i am using it and the gf is happy to watch stream at 1080p ... over 480p with our phone connection.... so i will take it may use it alot more to make it worth while.

Back