Are your front headrests adjustable?

Mine didn't come with them (as we all knew it would not). I just wear a collar brace now when I drive. It's fine.

Couldn't get any help from the local dealer and after a ton of research I still wasn't 100% sure on the correct part numbers. I decided to take a chance anyway and ordered new headrests and covers.

They arrived today and I can confirm that these are the correct part #s for tilting headrest for a Lariat with black (ebony) leather:
headrests - JL3Z-96611A08-A
headrest covers - KL3Z-18610A62-EB

View attachment 27227View attachment 27226View attachment 27225

However, I can't say they are completely worth the price tag (~$208 plus shipping from Fairway Ford). They only made a slight improvement in clearance from the non-tilting version, but I'm happy to have them.

I'll try to post some installed pics tomorrow.
will the cloth covers fit over the tilting headrest?

So seeing the part number listed here, JL3Z-96611A08-A. I am good to order those. However I have cloth interior on my xlt, is there a way to determine part number for a matching cover.

Local dealerships suck and won’t help or even try. Told me to find a number and they’ll order it.

Thanks all!

The non tilting cover will most likely not fit the tilting. The bottom portion that clasps together to close the cover is a completely different design.
How do the new ones feel compared to the previous static rests, in terms of softness/comfort? Compared to my ‘19 expedition, my ‘22 lariat rests are much more firm and less comfortable.

How do the new ones feel compared to the previous static rests, in terms of softness/comfort? Compared to my ‘19 expedition, my ‘22 lariat rests are much more firm and less comfortable.
I feel like the replacement is more comfortable like it has more cushion. Could be due to the shape since you no longer have the edge of a wedge against your head.

I feel like the replacement is more comfortable like it has more cushion. Could be due to the shape since you no longer have the edge of a wedge against your head.
Appreciate it, I’ll be ordering a set in the morning.

So seeing the part number listed here, JL3Z-96611A08-A. I am good to order those. However I have cloth interior on my xlt, is there a way to determine part number for a matching cover.

Local dealerships suck and won’t help or even try. Told me to find a number and they’ll order it.

Thanks all!
I suspect you need this one but don’t hold me to it.
1649223064815.png

FairwayFordParts link

Before and after on the driver side seat. (Passenger is the 4-way in both pics)

View attachment 27289 View attachment 27290
What year is your truck?

I have a 22MY F-450 and hope to use the information you've provided to fix the fixed headrests problem.

22MY is the first year of Onyx Black as far as I know. I'm wondering if the color difference is substantial.

It's still black with white stitching like your photos...

I'm wondering if the color difference is substantial

Here is how the black from an F150 looks with the Onyx seat on my 22 Lariat. I tried them out before I turned the F150 in:
PXL_20210922_221937195.jpg

PXL_20210922_222015235.NIGHT.jpg

Shitty. Thanks for checking. Any chance you know if the higher trims 22MY have a closer matching black 4way?

Just received my 2022 Lariat this week. The front headrests do not tilt forward. I have a 2020 Lariat as well and those headrests do tilt forward. Must be a cost cutting measure. I also noticed the cupholders in the rear fold down arm rest are recessed into the top of the arm rest now. My 2020 has cupholders that popped out of the front of that arm rest. Most likely another cost cut. I don't like the new black interior leather color. It looks like it has blue in it. The 2020 black looked better.

What year is your truck?

I have a 22MY F-450 and hope to use the information you've provided to fix the fixed headrests problem.

22MY is the first year of Onyx Black as far as I know. I'm wondering if the color difference is substantial.

It's still black with white stitching like your photos...
My truck is a 21 Lariat with the Ebony Black. The last 2 characters in the part number is the color code. The tilting headrests were discontinued by Ford as far as I know so if the Onyx is a new color then it’s possible they don’t make them in that color.

Back