TOTM Winner
GB Organizer 📢
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Black 2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE
So, I started wondering... how many Tremors total are made by Ford? For instance, how many did they make in 2020, and how many do they expect to build in 2021? I also wonder how many Tremors get allocated to each dealership? Are dealerships limited to how many they can order for either dealer stock or custom orders?

One dealership in Texas told me they are allocated 6 total for next year, and it sounded like that number included both custom orders and dealer inventory. If this is true, then Tremors are an incredibly limited vehicle with really small production numbers from Ford. This makes me wonder how committed Ford is to the package... I think it was roughly 6 years ago that Ford produced a Tremor package on an F-150 for about 1 year before killing the concept. Raptors are a dime a dozen, so I'm surprised Tremors seem to be so rare.

Any thoughts or insights?

I'd be surprised at low dealer allocation numbers. After all, it's an add on package, not an model like the Raptor.

I think this package will be around for a while, IMO. I bet sales are pretty good.

People like myself still like the appeal of factory lifted truck, offroad capabilities and you don't lose payload or towing capacity like the Wimpy power wagon.......it's an impressive package.

People like myself still like the appeal of factory lifted truck, offroad capabilities and you don't lose payload or towing capacity like the Wimpy power wagon.......it's an impressive package.
This is why I bought this package rather than lift a Superduty. I don't want to drop my payload or towing capacity.

I agree and I would have changed the wheels and the suspension had I not gotten the Tremor so I am pleased that I should have no issues if anything goes wrong under warrantee.

I was originally going to buy a SD and lift it put some 37's on it. I also know myself to well to know I wouldn't stop with just lift and tires. Now I need new gears, lockers bumpers, etc. I plan to leave this alone.....

I think like any new venture you never really know. Unless you tease it over ten years like the Bronco.

With that said I can see them being allocated for a number of reasons.

But if the concept does well, then it will become what it becomes.

For me, I would never take a new vehicle, and modify it myself or from a shop that does the mods because you are going to be tossing the majority of the factory warranty in the garbage or placing it at serious risk.

This is why I bought this package rather than lift a Superduty. I don't want to drop my payload or towing capacity.
100% I completely agree. The factory option is extremely attractive as both a toy and a SD used for towing.

I don't think Tremors are allocated. I think Super Duties are allocated and then the dealer can option them as they wish based on what they think they can sell. Given how the ones that hit a dealer lot are getting snapped up instantly, and the high volume of custom orders, I'd say they're doing very well and here to stay.

I don't think Tremors are allocated. I think Super Duties are allocated and then the dealer can option them as they wish based on what they think they can sell. Given how the ones that hit a dealer lot are getting snapped up instantly, and the high volume of custom orders, I'd say they're doing very well and here to stay.

Exaclty! The Super Duty is the allocation. NOT the Tremor package.

How does the dealership know how many allocated for next year????? They are earned based on sales. Once they reach amounts they earn additional units. Raptors are also allocated same as Shelbys. I am not sure what qualifies for the allocations. Maybe they don't sell enough volume.

How does the dealership know how many allocated for next year????? They are earned based on sales. Once they reach amounts they earn additional units. Raptors are also allocated same as Shelbys. I am not sure what qualifies for the allocations. Maybe they don't sell enough volume.

that’s exactly it. The dealership I worked at sold a ton of explorers for some reason on top of the f series and in turn we always had the most explorer allocation. This comes in handy sales wise when you know they are depleted and you have a lot full.

So, I started wondering... how many Tremors total are made by Ford? For instance, how many did they make in 2020, and how many do they expect to build in 2021? I also wonder how many Tremors get allocated to each dealership? Are dealerships limited to how many they can order for either dealer stock or custom orders?

One dealership in Texas told me they are allocated 6 total for next year, and it sounded like that number included both custom orders and dealer inventory. If this is true, then Tremors are an incredibly limited vehicle with really small production numbers from Ford. This makes me wonder how committed Ford is to the package... I think it was roughly 6 years ago that Ford produced a Tremor package on an F-150 for about 1 year before killing the concept. Raptors are a dime a dozen, so I'm surprised Tremors seem to be so rare.

People are buying them as fast as the dealerships get them. I got mine in Salina Kansas at Long Mcarthur. They get them 3 to 6 at a time. It's the only dealer I found that had the xlt tremor. I'm not big on leather seats so I won't buy a lariat

People are buying them as fast as the dealerships get them. I got mine in Salina Kansas at Long Mcarthur. They get them 3 to 6 at a time. It's the only dealer I found that had the xlt tremor. I'm not big on leather seats so I won't buy a lariat
I found one XLT Tremor near me, but it was bare bones on the options. I found it's super rare to find a truck with all the options (including things like Adaptive Steering) without just custom ordering it. BTW, a random nugget of info... Adaptive Steering was standard on a 2020 Platinum but is an option on the 2021 Platinum.

They are not rare, nor is the tremor package a factor in allocations. Your dealer is misinforming you, and maybe prepping you for a less than stellar discount on your order. The reason they are not all over the place is because not everyone is interested in the offroad capabilities, and it is a pricey option. It has also only been available since the 2020 MY, and production has been limited in general, due to COVID-19.

I suspect many dealers did not order a large number of these for their inventory, since it is a new offering, and they didn't know how well it would sell. My guess is the "tremor" package will remain somewhat of a niche option that some seek out specifically, and many won't be interested in. Similar to the sport appearance package, which to me would be a must have, however the take rate is still relatively low overall, judging by what I'm seeing in available inventory and on the road.

The previous Tremor package was more of a gimmick IMO, and obviously didn't sell well as it was only offered in single cab configuration. The single cab offering appeals mainly to fleet buyers that are very bottom line driven and not interested in hot rod versions.

Back