Are Black Rhino Wheels Any Good??

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Black Rhino Primm wheels are the only 18”
Wheel with a 0 offset I can find in this finish other than Innov8 and thanks to the wonderful economy they are out of the budget

What kind of reputation do they have and are they high quality?

A3B1973B-E0B6-4D4E-BA9A-031BC2AEC2C2.jpeg

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
good reputation, some models had issues with paint holding over time. heavier than methods though on par with fuels.
honestly, for their weight and quality methods are the best, that's why they are so popular. show me another aftermarket wheel which supports 3600lbs and weights a mere 31lbs, even the overpriced and overhyped innov8 don't come in that light.

OP
OP
G

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
good reputation, some models had issues with paint holding over time. heavier than methods though on par with fuels.
honestly, for their weight and quality methods are the best, that's why they are so popular. show me another aftermarket wheel which supports 3600lbs and weights a mere 31lbs, even the overpriced and overhyped innov8 don't come in that light.

Problem with methods is that they have 2 different machine finished wheels bit the off set is 18 and I’m looking to have a wider stance instead of tucking the tires in like the factory wheels do

pkrexer

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7L Tremor
Methods are not hub centric, which should be taken into consideration. Some people feel it's important for having your wheel/tires properly balanced.

Everyone I've heard with black rhinos have liked them.

I went with KMC for my truck and really like them. Might want to give them a peek.

Gatorbait

Founding Member
Reaction Points
I just ordered Black Rhinos. Wanted Innov8 so bad but the price was just more than I can justify, especially given I just dropped a pile on a Carlie commuter kit with all the goodies. I ordered blue for my Atlas Blue truck. Assuming the blue matches okay they are going on next week. If the blue doesn’t match I’m sending them back and going with black.

Attachments

• 9D419A6F-3103-4FD7-9A9B-9FA915F9C0B1.png
    9D419A6F-3103-4FD7-9A9B-9FA915F9C0B1.png
    2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Methods are not hub centric, which should be taken into consideration. Some people feel it's important for having your wheel/tires properly balanced.

I went with KMC for my truck and really like them. Might want to give them a peek.
do you know which brands are hub centric for our wheels? are KMCs and Black Rhinos hub centric?

Zx14

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor

From my research, I have found no after wheels that are hub centric

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
From my research, I have found no after wheels that are hub centric
I too could not confirm any aftermarkets that were hub centric. Allthough a few method models in 8x170 do say “hub centric fitment for common applications” and hub bore is 130.81. I wonder of that matches stock wheels, i believe stock bore is 125, so methods are larger opening

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
I too could not confirm any aftermarkets that were hub centric. Allthough a few method models in 8x170 do say “hub centric fitment for common applications” and hub bore is 130.81. I wonder of that matches stock wheels
Stock hub bore is 124.9mm ø

NextChapter

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
Rivian R1S
Current Ride #2
'22 6.7 F250 Tremor KR
In my experience, they definitely have finish issues. I have a set on my Sprinter. First set had a finish issue that the vendor (wheelhero.com, horrible company) tried to blame on me. They said that I hadn't serviced my brakes properly. The van had 30k miles on it at this point and I had the wheels for less than 6 months. The vendor wouldn't honor any warranty. I then started shaming Black Rhino on every Instagram post that I saw. To Black Rhino's credit, they contacted me and revealed that they had a bad batch of wheels with finish issues. They completely replaced all 5 of my wheels. I respect them for that. However, I have a different issue after a few years of the finish coming off of the faux bead lock bolts. The rest of the wheel is fine. I've decided to just let the bolts shine through the black finish. Other than that the wheels have been fine. Thumbs up to Rhino for making things right. Thumbs down to wheelhero.com for absolutely horrible customer service.

Reactions: Gus
OP
OP
G

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points

Last I knew they did not make any 18” machine finish wheels but I need to see if that has changed

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Here one that might be hub centric

Attachments

• 4DC5EF24-608C-4804-938A-9350050ED4D7.jpeg
    4DC5EF24-608C-4804-938A-9350050ED4D7.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
G

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Turns out Wheel Pro’s own Black Rihno, KMC, Fuel and a shit ton of other wheel brands and they seem to all be made in the same factories

Jrod250

Founding Member
Reaction Points
For some reason my OCD is in overdrive thinking about cleaning those wheels. They are sharp looking though

pkrexer

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7L Tremor
do you know which brands are hub centric for our wheels? are KMCs and Black Rhinos hub centric?

I don't think it necessarily comes down to brand per say, it seems to be a model by model thing.

The important thing to look for is the advertised bore size of the wheel. 125mm would be considered hub centric for our trucks and anything greater than 125mm would be lug centric. All method wheels seem to be 130mm

These are the KMC wheels I ended up going with.

KM541 Dirty Harry 17x8.5
Part#FinishSizeBolt PatternBackSpaceOffsetBoreWeightLoad
KM54178587900SATIN GRAY W/ BLACK LIP17X8.58X1704.7500mm125.10mm30.10 lbs3640 lb

IronChad

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor Diesel
First Responder
Law Enforcement
That’s because Methods are cheap wheels, the quality is not even in the same ball park with Innov8 wheels. And I’m not just saying that because I own Innov8’s on my truck. Go pick up a Innov8 wheel and go pick up a method and you’ll see and feel the difference

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
I don't think it necessarily comes down to brand per say, it seems to be a model by model thing.

The important thing to look for is the advertised bore size of the wheel. 125mm would be considered hub centric for our trucks and anything greater than 125mm would be lug centric. All method wheels seem to be 130mm

These are the KMC wheels I ended up going with.

KM541 Dirty Harry 17x8.5
Part#FinishSizeBolt PatternBackSpaceOffsetBoreWeightLoad
KM54178587900SATIN GRAY W/ BLACK LIP17X8.58X1704.7500mm125.10mm30.10 lbs3640 lb
Yep, you’re right. I came to the same conclusion after @BroncoHooves said our hubs are 125mm. See the wheel i found above which is also hub centric.

My next wheels, no matter what they are will be hub centric too.

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
That’s because Methods are cheap wheels, the quality is not even in the same ball park with Innov8 wheels. And I’m not just saying that because I own Innov8’s on my truck. Go pick up a Innov8 wheel and go pick up a method and you’ll see and feel the difference
I have methods nv hd, the quality and finish is superb. There is nothing cheap about them, so no i dont buy that argument.

Gatorbait

Founding Member
Reaction Points
So if stock is 124.9 and a wheel is 125.1, I would assume that .2 mm isn’t enough to make a difference and that would still be huh centric. Would you agree?