ARB JIC-4 Air Coupler mounted in rear bumper?

Rodd187

Tremor Junkie
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Carbonized Grey 6.7
Current Ride #2
2021 Expedition Max 2023 Bronco Sport
I recently picked up my 2022 F250 Tremor and could not be happier with the truck! I am in the process of adding an ARB JIC-4 Air Coupler to the rear bumper but was curious if anyone has done this? I am a little worried that the plastic and the metal backing is too "thick" to allow the nut on the ARB coupler to engage the threads. I have attached a pic of the location I am wanting to add the flush mount coupler but wanted to check with you guys before I drill the 3/4" hole in the bumper. Thanks so much for your expertise!

Attachments

• IMG_8963.jpg
    IMG_8963.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 68
When you do it you might want to get a scrap piece of wood thick enough to take up the gap between the plastic and the metal of the bumper frame so your holes will line up.

You guys are awesome, thanks so much for the pics and verification. I truly appreciate it!

I'm just getting ready to do this myself. 👍👍

Totally doable and worth it. Add a shoulder bolt shim (washer) underneath the main coupler before securing it, otherwise the sleeve will be hard to disconnect.

Link to shim pack I used: https://www.mcmaster.com/94773A780/

NQYBVQK.jpg
Thanks so much BroncoHooves, I ordered the shim pack, just wanted to verify the hole size, did you drill a 3/4" hole? Also did you use a hole saw or a step bit? Sorry for all the questions my friend, just want to make sure I get this right because your looks perfect!

Thanks so much BroncoHooves, I ordered the shim pack, just wanted to verify the hole size, did you drill a 3/4" hole? Also did you use a hole saw or a step bit? Sorry for all the questions my friend, just want to make sure I get this right because your looks perfect!
I used a step bit. Can't remember the size. I drilled from both the front and back due to the metal and plastic pieces and using a step bit.

BroncoHooves is right about the step bit. I can’t remember what size though. I just measured the part with my calipers. Drop the spare to get it out of the way so you can drill from the back side.

Perfect! Thanks so much!

BroncoHooves is right about the step bit. I can’t remember what size though. I just measured the part with my calipers. Drop the spare to get it out of the way so you can drill from the back side.
@MiTremor906 mentioned the step bit, not me :)

Honestly I'd much rather have it not exposed to the elements. Even with a cap.

Love the integrated look, but I also wanted something hidden. Ran an airline from my air tank in the front of the bed to the side rail, inside a channel provided handily by the underside of the Retrax rail, to a fixed spot on the rear BuiltRight panel, terminating in a quick disconnect fitting. drop the tailgate for easy access, hidden from view and weather.

Back