Apple CarPlay

I’ve used CarPlay a lot in various vehicles and always liked it. I installed a system on my ‘19 Harley Bagger and use CarPlay there as well. For me, to use the apps I generally use everyday has been convenient. So, of course I’d use CarPlay in my Tremor, but one problem I’ve had that I’ve not had before is really low telephone audio for this on the other end....they don’t hear me well at all.

Because of this, I now connect via Bluetooth and use Sync3, which has worked much better for me in the Tremor. I’m working on figuring out what’s going on with CarPlay telephone audio.

MB

I have this same problem. Does anyone else? I've been reading about it HERE and it is a software issue between some versions of Sync3 and CarPlay. Some people have had luck downgrading their Sync3 to specific builds that don't have the glitch in the system. I make a lot of work calls from my truck, so I really would like to figure out a solution and still be able to use CarPlay. Can anyone help?

Same here. Also a few days ago, while connected to CarPlay the Sync unit went off. Had to stop the truck turn the whole thing off in order to restarted it.

Press and hold both the audio power button and right arrow for 7 seconds to reboot sync3. No restart of truck required.

I’m curious if those of you having the volume issue where the other party has a hard time hearing you have 2020 or 2021 models?

Press and hold both the audio power button and right arrow for 7 seconds to reboot sync3. No restart of truck required.
I tried this and it did reset my Sync3 system, but it did not fix the problem. I read more about the problem at the link below. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this problem, please let me know. I use CarPlay all the time, and I also talk on the phone all day for work. I drive a 2021 F350.

I’ve tried both Apple CarPlay hardwired & just using Bluetooth to connect my phone. The Bluetooth connects fairly quickly once I get in my truck & if I’m streaming music to it AND using Google Maps, the Turn by Turn directions come through the truck speakers. So it seems to integrate quite seamlessly.
Also while connected via Bluetooth I still have the ability to receive calls & text messages. As well as use apps such as Pandora & iHeart Radio.
So, I just stick with Bluetooth especially because trying to get to my music library in Apple CarPlay is a real Pain in the ass!!

This is just my opinion based on my experience with Sync 3 using it in 2 different trucks now.

I have only tried Apple Car play wired. How can it be operated wirelessly?

there are adaptor to add to sync 3 to get wireless carplay ... but the adapter isn't made by ford and they want like $100

Same here. Also a few days ago, while connected to CarPlay the Sync unit went off. Had to stop the truck turn the whole thing off in order to restarted it.
I had this happen Saturday. Unplugging the phone let the sync screen boot. Then I plugged my phone back in and everything was normal.

I've been using this one for about a year in two different vehicles. I like it. The only thing I could say is that when you turn your vehicle on, it takes between 10 seconds to 30 seconds to power on and start working. https://cplay2air.com/

Can anyone please confirm if the Ford voice-activated Navigation add-on is required to use google maps / waze on the Sync3 center screen?

I'm looking to place an order for a Tremor this week and when visiting the dealership yesterday I was told the $570 Navigation option was needed to be able to see google maps or waze on the center screen using Apple CarPlay. Can someone please confirm this?? Or was this salesman blowing smoke?

I'm looking to order a loaded XLT if that makes a difference.

Can anyone please confirm if the Ford voice-activated Navigation add-on is required to use google maps / waze on the Sync3 center screen?

I'm looking to place an order for a Tremor this week and when visiting the dealership yesterday I was told the $570 Navigation option was needed to be able to see google maps or waze on the center screen using Apple CarPlay. Can someone please confirm this?? Or was this salesman blowing smoke?

I use google maps on my phone using the Bluetooth. The turn by turn directions come through the speakers but I have to have the stereo on “Phone” Audio as a Source in order to be able to hear it. I never even use the on board Nav

Blowing smoke. Google maps is displayed on the screen when Apple play is on. It’s better than on board navigation cause you can update it on your phone

Awesome. Thank you for confirming!

I want to be able to see the map on the screen while using Apple play. Sounds like the salesman was blowing smoke. I'll place the order without navigation.

Latest Discussions

Back