Military
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
So I logged into my Ford app today, and it said my truck had 2 Field Service Actions. Anyone else have it? What does the first one mean?

PCM/RCM CALIBRATION REFLASH
20U18

SYNC 3 UPDATE
20U19

So I logged into my Ford app today, and it said my truck had 2 Field Service Actions. Anyone else have it? What does the first one mean?

20U18

SYNC 3 UPDATE
20U19

YUP! I see em too. I will need another oil change in about 2 weeks so when it goes in there I guess they can check it out

20U18

SYNC 3 UPDATE
20U19
software updates....and I do not have it.

I only got the 20U19 one. I wonder if it has something to do with the over the air update they sent a little while ago or has to do with the Craple version 7 update.

Yeah I got them both when I looked this am.....

Just checked I also have it too.

6.7 with 6k miles

I don't really have many complaints about my transmission but I guess maybe this can help with some of
the bad "downshifts" we have been reading about.

I hate updates:mad:

I also received both recall notifications this morning. I called my local dealer and they looked it up and said it was only for specific vehicles and that I was not one of them so apparently it’s not necessary for me to have them done. My truck only has just over 300 miles and seems to drive and function just fine.

Seems a little odd that Ford would push it out over their App and the dealer would say something different.

Anyone else get this type of feedback from their dealers?

I just checked my Ford Pass app and have no notices?

I'm wondering if the Sync notice is just the update that came out a little while ago. I already updated it so not getting a notice about it.

Usually there's a delay in mass notifications from when stuff is actually released. Maybe not I'll have to go run update check over wifi and see what it says.

I'm wondering if the Sync notice is just the update that came out a little while ago. I already updated it so not getting a notice about it.

Usually there's a delay in mass notifications from when stuff is actually released. Maybe not I'll have to go run update check over wifi and see what it says.
Shows I'm current and Sync3 is on version: 3.4 Build 20136_PRODUCT

Maybe the notice is related to something else, but I'm betting it's just the software update that's available.

Last edited:
I just received this notice as well. I’ll need to take it in to see what my service department has to say

Hopefully it makes carplay wireless!
I don't know for 100%, but from looking into it a little it's a hardware limitation with Sync3 that will never allow wireless AA/Carplay.

Sync4 should allow it though.

Would be nice if it's software I just doubt it is.

While checking FordPass this morning, I noticed the “20U19” notification is no longer on the app. Maybe my sync did an over the air update.

The app just informed me yesterday of an update and I needed to start the truck to finalize. I wish I knew what these updates were...

Back